What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
From what I heard Naden is one of those guys that does what he needs too as far as training. Hopefully this wakes him up and really rips in now

I know he has had his issues in the past, he was cut from the club by Gould for a relatively minor indiscretion but one would assume there was probably more to it that wasn’t common knowledge.

His most recent indiscretions are more of a concern and he will only have himself to blame I guess if he throws away his chance of a prolonged NRL career.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Status: Luai’s manager Daryl Mather is negotiating a three-year deal that will see the five-eighth earn in excess of $700,000 each season. Expect him to remain at Penrith like close friend Stephen Crichton, who has agreed to a three-year extension.

A great reward for one of our best juniors in recent years. It hasn't been an easy path for him but he is now getting the recognition and rewards he deserves.

Kilkenny

Coach
A great reward for one of our best juniors in recent years. It hasn't been an easy path for him but he is now getting the recognition and rewards he deserves.

Not sure about the in excess of $700k bit that would be a concern. Is that the sort of money we are talking about? I know he is playing in the so called spine, had a great 2020 but prior to this article I sort of assumed he was going to be resigned in 500k bracket, maybe a little more.

Not sure about the in excess of $700k bit that would be a concern. Is that the sort of money we are talking about? I know he is playing in the so called spine, had a great 2020 but prior to this article I sort of assumed he was going to be resigned in 500k bracket, maybe a little more.
Penrith was hoping to do the same with Crichton and look what happened. It’s the price of success and the modern player agent.

Kilkenny

Coach
Penrith was hoping to do the same with Crichton and look what happened. It’s the price of success and the modern player agent.

Yes and no.

No one is saying managing the salary cap is easy, far from it.

At the end of the day who ever is in charge of retention and recruitment must have a figure of what a players true value is and not be held to ransom.

Seriously f**k the players agents.

In respect of Crichton there were suggestions he had a handshake deal around 500k.

Things obviously changed and we had to revisit our offer but that doesn’t mean to just cave in and offer stupid money?

I have no doubt the way things have evolved around our club post GF we are entering into deals not much different to those which our former GM was roundly criticised for.

Go figure, what goes around comes around.

Fresh rumours on a Tigers forum that Laurie will be at Concord by Thursday. No word who the swap would be for but if Momirovski wants out, and can leave at the end of the year anyway, it may as well be him. I won’t be holding my breath though. I do need Laurie in my Supercoach and Fantasy sides though so fingers crossed!

Kilkenny

Coach
People say f**k agents but clubs are straight up scum too. They'll do whatever it takes

And there in lays the problem.

Player managers are just trying to get the most money for there clients, I understand that.

Ive no idea what sums we have agreed too in respect of Stephen Crichton and while I acknowledge we probably had to increase our offer on the original handshake deal given the circumstances I truly hope it is not in excess of 600k and no where near the money speculated upon by the media,

WestyLife

First Grade
And there in lays the problem.

Player managers are just trying to get the most money for there clients, I understand that.

Ive no idea what sums we have agreed too in respect of Stephen Crichton and while I acknowledge we probably had to increase our offer on the original handshake deal given the circumstances I truly hope it is not in excess of 600k and no where near the money speculated upon by the media,

Well we've had it confirmed as much as can be that the media figure is wrong.

Kilkenny

Coach
Well we've had it confirmed as much as can be that the media figure is wrong.

As much as we all respect Blades knowledge and input no one really knows for sure who signs for what. It really is all pure speculation. It really doesn’t matter anyway, the powers that be are making the decisions and we have to have faith they are making the correct decisions going forward.

WestyLife

First Grade
As much as we all respect Blades knowledge and input no one really knows for sure who signs for what. It really is all pure speculation. It really doesn’t matter anyway, the powers that be are making the decisions and we have to have faith they are making the correct decisions going forward.

I can't complain. We've got a top 4 roster which we've kept 2 years in a row. Kind of rare in Panther town.

Kilkenny

Coach
I can't complain. We've got a top 4 roster which we've kept 2 years in a row. Kind of rare in Panther town.

No one is really complying as such, albeit I think there remains concerns about the final makeup of our roster going into 2021 and beyond.

We have lost a lot of experience and some quality players so it remains to be seen whether the young guns who we have so much faith in actually step up deliver.

Crashtest

Juniors

Luai had 23 try assists, 20 line break assists, 9 tries and 14 forced drop outs in his first season as a starting half, whilst tackling at 84%. $700k a season is a bargain if we lock him up for that, considering what halves with less impressive stats are getting paid. And is nothing like the long term over paid deals that Gould was criticised for.

Kilkenny

Coach
Luai had 23 try assists, 20 line break assists, 9 tries and 14 forced drop outs in his first season as a starting half, whilst tackling at 84%. $700k a season is a bargain if we lock him up for that, considering what halves with less impressive stats are getting paid. And is nothing like the long term over paid deals that Gould was criticised for.

Impressive stats no doubt. Always rated Luai long before anyone on here did.

700k or more is big dollars. I’m not sure it is a bargain he has still only played 40 or so games so I would have thought a deal around 500-600k was probably reasonable.

Crashtest

Juniors
Impressive stats no doubt. Always rated Luai long before anyone on here did.

700k or more is big dollars. I’m not sure it is a bargain he has still only played 40 or so games so I would have thought a deal around 500-600k was probably reasonable.
Look at what the Dogs and Sharks were offering Burton, who has only played 6 games, has 1 try assist and 2 try assists. If we had offered Luai the 500-600 you are saying he is worth, then his agent would of done the right thing by him and gone out to the market to get him what he is actually worth.

maple_69

Bench
There was a recent article in the SMH with projected new deals for comparables which had Moses at $750K, Pearce at $600K and Hughes at $650K. I’m happy to lock Luai up for $700K. Cleary, Munster, Wighton and Keary are the only guys I’d put above him considering the other guys with more runs on the board (Johnson, Reynolds, Walker, DCE et al) are 30+. Crichton at $700K is an overpay but I think $600K would be fair.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
There was a recent article in the SMH with projected new deals for comparables which had Moses at $750K, Pearce at $600K and Hughes at $650K. I’m happy to lock Luai up for $700K. Cleary, Munster, Wighton and Keary are the only guys I’d put above him considering the other guys with more runs on the board (Johnson, Reynolds, Walker, DCE et al) are 30+. Crichton at $700K is an overpay but I think $600K would be fair.

I have him on par with Wighton and Keary for playing ability. They might have done a bit more, but I believe he’s equally as talented and will continue to improve.