What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

MugaB

Coach
Or Staines, in the future, can be a centre?
I don't see that happening, centres these days, are getting bulkier or taller, coz they get all the edge forward traffic from them targeting the halves, you want your faster guys outside the centres, thats why i like the Naden /Staines pairing, i deadset saw naden draw and pass or set up one of charlies tries, most of it was charlies unbeatable speed, but the balls on naden to try it, and worked out, BECAUSE the Ferrari was fast enough to capitalize, and then edwards setting up another 2, and naden draw and pass to put staines clear running down the sideline, with Edwards supporting then scores, these guys are just so in sync they are doing it at will, and staines seems to be able to sweep around everyone, imagine what our halves will be able to do with his speed

Last edited:

Blade23

Juniors
Talks are continuing between us and the Tigers over a swap. Momorovski is the preferred option if we can fit him in. We still have targets we want to fill our top 30 and need to be frugal.
The Tigers don't want to bring Laurie across to their top 30 and still be paying Momorovski while he is at another club. Which is understandable. Those terms were rejected recently.

Hopefully, it will be resolved by the next 24-48 hours.

I say that cautiously. Given the past 6 weeks of games between the clubs.

Jane Murray

Bench
Talks are continuing between us and the Tigers over a swap. Momorovski is the preferred option if we can fit him in. We still have targets we want to fill our top 30 and need to be frugal.
The Tigers don't want to bring Laurie across to their top 30 and still be paying Momorovski while he is at another club. Which is understandable. Those terms were rejected recently.

So is Cini of the table then?

Luke Bowden

First Grade

The Saga continues, cheers as always mate, I hope you’re feeling better

WestyLife

First Grade

I don't think anyone would be surprised or hold it against you if things change. It is a negotiation after all. Terms will change until they agree.

MugaB

Coach
How many spots do we have left?
Why are we bothering with the tigers.
This club that were dealing with is trash, they really need Laurie that badly, we don't need their scraps, and good on benji for finding another team to play for, the way he was told via the media shows how disorganised they are, could atleast taking him out for coffee somewhere in homebush first.... ahhh if only Ivan was still there

WestyLife

First Grade
How many spots do we have left?
Why are we bothering with the tigers.
This club that were dealing with is trash, they really need Laurie that badly, we don't need their scraps, and good on benji for finding another team to play for, the way he was told via the media shows how disorganised they are, could atleast taking him out for coffee somewhere in homebush first.... ahhh if only Ivan was still there
might as well squeeze them for something since they are desperate for Laurie. Even just as injury cover having a couple of guys with NRL experience makes us better.

hindy111

Post Whore
The plan at the moment is to split his time between edge and middle. So Capewell can get more time on ground.

I'd like the idea of this.

Start with Kikau in Middle and Capewell in the 2nd row. If your attacking the opposition line you move Kikau wide. He then has a spell about 20mins in.
Bring him back around the 32nd min mark and he plays in 2nd row for the rest of half and 30 mins of 2nd half. Id try and share Capewell,Kikau and Martin between 160 mins. That works out about 57mins each.

Pack -

JFH
Kikau
Martin
Capewell
Yeo

Bench
May
Leota
Spencer
Esinhuth

WestyLife

First Grade
I'd like the idea of this.

Start with Kikau in Middle and Capewell in the 2nd row. If your attacking the opposition line you move Kikau wide. He then has a spell about 20mins in.
Bring him back around the 32nd min mark and he plays in 2nd row for the rest of half and 30 mins of 2nd half. Id try and share Capewell,Kikau and Martin between 160 mins. That works out about 57mins each.

Pack -

JFH
Kikau
Martin
Capewell
Yeo

Bench
May
Leota
Spencer
Esinhuth

That's 3 interchanges for just Kikau.