What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
Gus is just pulling us apart brick by brick such a mercenary doesn't have any original plan for Bulldogs just using us as an almighty payback for Ivan getting rid of him .
Now more poaching to begin get ready for a decade lull after this season as we cant continue to be the feeder club for for all the nrl .

Why are people so convinced Ciraldo is going to be a superstar coach? I mean Barrett had the same hype when they signed him. Maybe get him back as attack coach?

As far as Gould goes he is getting old and is not looking that healthy. I dont see him being at the dogs for more then 3yrs.
As far as their signings go. Anyone watched Mahoney this year? Maybe just a poor season but he has been woefull. Kikaus a key signing but they do lose Vaughn and JMK who both have played very well.
They may be top 4 like some predict. I wouldn't be suprised if they finish put of the 8 again however. Especially if Burton who played every game just about got injured.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Why are people so convinced Ciraldo is going to be a superstar coach? I mean Barrett had the same hype when they signed him. Maybe get him back as attack coach?

As far as Gould goes he is getting old and is not looking that healthy. I dont see him being at the dogs for more then 3yrs.
As far as their signings go. Anyone watched Mahoney this year? Maybe just a poor season but he has been woefull. Kikaus a key signing but they do lose Vaughn and JMK who both have played very well.
They may be top 4 like some predict. I wouldn't be suprised if they finish put of the 8 again however. Especially if Burton who played every game just about got injured.
Anyone who really knows football and what goes on at Penrith has never rated Sexy Trent. I honestly feel Cam is the real deal but he should know better than to work under Gus.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not that dramatic the lower grades are stacked. The Druitt boys won't leave, that leaves a good core.

Not to mention Dogs have no cap space

Averillo,Burton,Flanagan,Mahoney. Where do you guys rate that spine? Burton's great but the other 3? All average

Fox Sport News today, has Barrett linked to the StG/Illa. Not sure in which capacity. (FWIW)

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyone who really knows football and what goes on at Penrith has never rated Sexy Trent. I honestly feel Cam is the real deal but he should know better than to work under Gus.

Souths lost Bennet along with Reynolds and a few forwards. They seem just as good without them and a rookie coach.

Ricky,Green,McGuire won titles. Where they good coaches or just lucky?
Coaches make a difference but not as much as the side and juniors being produced which is the key.

Dogs under Trent beat Cowboys and Roosters. Lost to Manly by 1. Potter come and had an easy run and a big win over the Eels. Beat Titans,Knights and Tigers. But the better sides still wiped them and Warriors put 40+ on them. Is Potter a better coach?

I'm not convinced is all.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Souths lost Bennet along with Reynolds and a few forwards. They seem just as good without them and a rookie coach.

Coaches make a difference but not as much as the side and juniors being produced which is the key.

Dogs under Trent beat Cowboys and Roosters. Lost to Manly by 1. Potter come and had an easy run and a big win over the Eels. Beat Titans,Knights and Tigers. But the better sides still wiped them and Warriors put 40+ on them. Is Potter a better coach?

He failed with our guns 20's and then did sweet FA with Manly. It's crazy he got another head coaching role

Munky

Coach

The Dogs were all over Souths and Cowboys until the officials realised who was favourite and blew the appropriate penalties.

Iamback

Coach
The Dogs always have cap space apparently. Still can’t fathom how they are allowed to sign multiple new blokes without having the space prior to signing them.

The salary cap not being finalised helps but lets see their roster at the March 1 cut off

soc123_au

Staff member
Averillo,Burton,Flanagan,Mahoney. Where do you guys rate that spine? Burton's great but the other 3? All average
On the kennel they are pretty confident they are getting Crichton to play fullback. Don’t know where the cap space is coming from, but the ones that are calling it seem to get decent info.

hindy111

Post Whore
On the kennel they are pretty confident they are getting Crichton to play fullback. Don’t know where the cap space is coming from, but the ones that are calling it seem to get decent info.

For 2023? Isn't he under contract?
Crighton might be a good fullback. Along with Martin I reckon they are two most overated guys in side and should of been in Origin. Shaun Lane is better player then Martin. I don't see what he does so well? Yes runs hard but no ball skills and a shit defender.
DWZ and Blake where hyped up just as much as Crighton. Both just average. I feel Crightons a good player but he isn't origin level.

soc123_au

Staff member
For 2023? Isn't he under contract?
Crighton might be a good fullback. Along with Martin I reckon they are two most overated guys in side and should of been in Origin. Shaun Lane is better player then Martin. I don't see what he does so well? Yes runs hard but no ball skills and a shit defender.
DWZ and Blake where hyped up just as much as Crighton. Both just average. I feel Crightons a good player but he isn't origin level.
Not sure when it’s supposed to be for. Us releasing him for next year seems far fetched, but who knows. There isn’t a player available worth chasing next year worth what it would free up.

Das Hassler

Bench
The Tigers were criticised for offering a rookie coach 5 years. The same people (press) are calling the Dogs signing of Ciraldo for 5 years a master-stroke :rolleyes:

Funny that .....Tigers could sign Nathan for 5 years on journeyman money and they'd come up with a way to bag them for it. Ciraldo should do very well (at the very least) but will never have full control or a blissful night's sleep while ever dad is there

hindy111

Post Whore
Not sure when it’s supposed to be for. Us releasing him for next year seems far fetched, but who knows. There isn’t a player available worth chasing next year worth what it would free up.

No but if Jenkins is ready maybe the club does some front loading has a slow 2023 and comes on hard in 2024.

Cleary,Edwards,Jfh,Yeo and Korisau are the heartbeat. Along with Toò when in form.
Kikaus an awesome talent but hardly a leader. Luais great but replaceable.

Korisau is the guy you need to replace.

Kikau is a gun attacker but his defense is only average so you may actualy be a stronger defensive unit without him.
Martin has to move to the middle I think. Need to find and edge or two,

soc123_au

Staff member
No but if Jenkins is ready maybe the club does some front loading has a slow 2023 and comes on hard in 2024.

Cleary,Edwards,Jfh,Yeo and Korisau are the heartbeat. Along with Toò when in form.
Kikaus an awesome talent but hardly a leader. Luais great but replaceable.

Korisau is the guy you need to replace.

Kikau is a gun attacker but his defense is only average so you may actualy be a stronger defensive unit without him.
Martin has to move to the middle I think. Need to find and edge or two,
Replacing Api should be the priority. Letting him go was so dumb.

Iamback

Coach

No chance. They have no cap space, It takes $850k+ to get the deal done.

soc123_au

Staff member
No chance. They have no cap space, It takes $850k+ to get the deal done.
That’s pretty much my thoughts as well. Just saying what I read. The only reason I’m repeating it is it apparently comes from a source with a good strike rate.

Latest posts