What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
Like the signing. It’s exactly the type of addition we need to keep making. 2 years and the guy looked like a vet from his first game.

It also allows us to shift Martin into prop mid game where he is more comfortable. Garner and Tago both likely being in the 17 brings a bit more versatility back to the squad. Plus we can chill on guys like Lisati, Puru and Geyer.

Our backrow obviously gets weaker without Kikau but I think we’re going to be just as strong if not stronger defensively on the edges.

Panfa

Juniors
Panthers have signed young broncos backrower zac hosking on a 2yr deal. He played 2 games of 1st grade this yr and looks a promising player of the future.

Panfa

Juniors
Hosking is the son of David the (mule) hosking former manly prop.Zac is 198cm tall 97kg and 25yrs of age.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
With Garner and Hoskin coming next year.
Do we think Hoskin starts and Garner takes Salmon spot on the bench?
That makes sense to me.

Iamback

Coach
Not sure either is starting quality.

I've been 100% against moving Tago to backrow but I think having Jenkins or Turuva in the starting side is better than Garner or Hoskins.

That has been my reasoning all along, We are better with one of those guys starting and having Garner off the bench.

We can get away with it because we have a bigger lock than most sides do

BossleyPanther

Juniors
This season we must win. Start rebuilding the following 2 season with L Smith, Hoskings, Turuva, Jenkins.

Spencer, To'o, Crichton can go if they wanted to leave.

Whino

Bench
Fox stirring the pot

CIRALDO’S FIRST MOVE

Panthers assistant Cameron Ciraldo could reportedly make Origin centre Stephen Crichton his first Bulldogs recruit.

Ciraldo signed a five-year deal beginning from 2023 and The Australian’s Brent Read believes Crichton’s desire to play fullback could see him depart Penrith.

“Stephen Crichton would love to play fullback. Canterbury need a fullback... he is the one guy who would not surprise me at all if we see him at Canterbury in 2024,” Read said on Triple M.

“In 2024 they have so much salary cap room it is not funny.”

Read also revealed there are no clauses surrounding Ciraldo’s move which restrict him from poaching Penrith players.

Therefore, the 37-year-old could poach a number of Panthers who come off contract come November 1, including Crichton, Liam Martin and Scott Sorensen.

“If you remember when Wayne left Souths to go to the Dolphins, Souths made a rule that Wayne couldn’t poach any of their players,” Read said.
“I rang the Panthers, I spoke to Brian Fletcher the chief executive, and whether they would put any rules around Cameron approaching your players.

“They said no, we aren’t going to do that, we trust him, he is a genuine guy, he has been here a long time, we don’t think he would do the wrong thing by us.”

Read also explained that during Ciraldo’s negotiations with rival clubs, the rookie coach hinted that Crichton could be persuaded to make a move with him.

“When Cameron was talking to other clubs, there was some talk that Stephen Crichton was talking to other clubs,” Read said.

“There was a bit of talk that, not Crichton would come with him, but that he would be one bloke who would be tempted to follow him.”

Whino

Bench
PANTHERS’ SAVVY SIGNING

The Panthers have reportedly signed Broncos rookie Zac Hosking on a two-year deal according to The Daily Telegraph.

Hosking made two appearances for Kevin Walters’ side this season and multiple clubs, including the Raiders were reportedly interested in his signature.

But after a zoom meeting with coach Ivan Cleary and chief executive Matt Cameron, the 25-year-old agreed to terms and will make the move south.

Following the departure of Viliame Kikau to the Bulldogs, the reigning premiers signed Wests Tigers’ Luke Garner.

Garner and Hosking will now likely compete for the starting edge forward spot.

“He came across a really nice young man when we spoke on Zoom,” Cameron said.

“We’re rapt that he’s agreed to terms.

“We watched a couple of games and you can tell he’s a player.

“We’re looking forward to him really flourishing at Penrith.”

Black Panther

Juniors
Let the Crichton circus begin again. If the bloke wants to play games I say cut him loose. Everyone off contract will be linked with the Dogs now, but we need to make quick decisions so we don’t miss out on other potential signings down the track.
Not sure if it is him or his Manager or both, but this whole process is going to be as shit show once more.

Iamback

Coach
Fox Sports seem to be the only ones selling the Dogs with cap space in 2024,

While technically true they need to sign a 30 man squad

Iamback

Coach
Let the Crichton circus begin again. If the bloke wants to play games I say cut him loose. Everyone off contract will be linked with the Dogs now, but we need to make quick decisions so we don’t miss out on other potential signings down the track.
Not sure if it is him or his Manager or both, but this whole process is going to be as shit show once more.

Who says he is playing games? Look at his manager, there is the source right there