What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Sime_11

Juniors
if we have to pick of those 3 - Crichton is the luxury IMO. Our gameplan is around making metres/dominating possession, which Crichton does not do as well as To'o & Martin.

To'o is just off the boil at the moment - when To'o is on, he is always one of the top 5 guys in our team - id be keeping To'o over Martin and Crichton personally.

To'o will change some opinions on here again before the season is done :)

hindy111

Post Whore
The Bulldogs salary cap has to be an issue.

You simply cannot make the amount of new signings they have without scrutiny.

Yes and No. Burton will cost over a mill but isn't in 2023.
Flanno and Averilo would be cheap for spine players.
Come 2024 Josh Jackson and the Pommy will be gone.
Their backline would be fairly cheap bar JAC

hindy111

Post Whore
Worth 50% of whatever JMK is on

200k he signed for Dolphins. Imo a steal. He is playing great.

On Crighton I don't get the love. I mean he is good but unless he become a fullback he isn't worth more then 550k.
I like Tago better. He runs straight and hard. But centres don't get enough ball to be worth huge dollars. I don't see anything special about Crighton. Just tall, reasonably fast and strong.
But he isn't unstoppable. Along with Martin they'd be the two I would not care if didn't keep. In Hindsight losing them and keeping Api and Kikau would of been better options or Burton.

The Realist

Juniors
Mays a gun...I'd take him over To'o atm and that's saying something because I love Brian

I said it early in the year and will say it again. Tago and May are already better than Chricton and To’o. And I love those two.

The decline of the two more senior pairing straight after Origin is a real concern especially defensively.

Original Name

Juniors
I said it early in the year and will say it again. Tago and May are already better than Chricton and To’o. And I love those two.

The decline of the two more senior pairing straight after Origin is a real concern especially defensively.
Chrichton's still looked pretty effective taking one out hit ups, getting in between defenders to take quick play the balls relatively consistently, it's not like he's been butchering a bunch of try scoring opportunities and he's pretty much always good in defence. Dunno what you want from him. He's been good for us. To'o looks like he's been playing injured.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
How good was May and Tago again tonight...looked like the senior players out there. Martin made up for his errors late, bloody lucky because I was going to roast him especially being a "rep" player!

Edwards has to be our best player this year just infront of Yeo.

Whino

Bench
He's 25. Just a late bloomer or a history of injuries?

Reading Matthew Johns comments this morning on Hosking. I would say the morons at Newcastle failed to see his talent

To qoute Johns
"From the first time I saw Hosking play in the Knights under 20s team, there was no doubt in my mind that he was an NRL player. He had the skills, the smarts, the toughness and the character. Yet he was largely ignored".