What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

‘‘Twas the night before Christmas….’

About to go to sleep over her in the UK and because of daylight saving start it is an early start (930) for the game tomorrow; so wake up at a reasonable time, bit of a dog walk and then into the pre-game.

Don’t pity you guys over in Oz who have to go through all the nerves of a full day!!

Murraymob1

Juniors
‘‘Twas the night before Christmas….’

About to go to sleep over her in the UK and because of daylight saving start it is an early start (930) for the game tomorrow; so wake up at a reasonable time, bit of a dog walk and then into the pre-game.

Don’t pity you guys over in Oz who have to go through all the nerves of a full day!!
No nerves for me .the mail box may get tackled a few times .the neighbour who supports parra May hear parra sucks parra sucks a few times

Whino

Bench
The Panthers and Tigers are nutting out the details of a swap deal. We hear the NRL is looking over the finer detail of the proposed arrangement, which would see Tyrone Peachey return to Penrith and Charlie Staines head to Tiger Town. Both have one year remaining on their respective deals.
It’s understood the NRL have approved the pay cut for him to join the Panthers. It’s not the first time the clubs have arranged a swap deal, with Paul Momirovski and Daine Laurie switching clubs two years ago.

There’s also chatter that Laurie is on the radar of the Bulldogs, but the Tigers insist Staines is coming over as a winger. Watch this space.

betcats

Referee
Doesnt matter how well Staines played last night he still doesnt make the full strength 17 next year. If they can save some money swapping him with Peach and help keep Critta/Biz/Spencer/Martin I am all for it. I really like Charlie but he should be playing regular first grade and he wont get that at Penrith next year besides injury and with the players we have coming through at fullback and the outside backs we wont be hurt by losing him.

Doesnt matter how well Staines played last night he still doesnt make the full strength 17 next year. If they can save some money swapping him with Peach and help keep Critta/Biz/Spencer/Martin I am all for it. I really like Charlie but he should be playing regular first grade and he wont get that at Penrith next year besides injury and with the players we have coming through at fullback and the outside backs we wont be hurt by losing him.
IF Tigers are willing to heavily subsidise Peach’s contract AND we aren’t retaining on Staines’ I can get on board with this, anything less and we should tell them to kick rocks.

betcats

Referee
Why would be get Peachy and block someone else's pathway? I think they have had too many scooters.

Someone like Sunia can be on the bench and cover the backrow or come in and do a few hit ups.

Because its going to save us a good amount of cap space according to blade. Peach wont be blocking anyones way, if our young guys are good enough they will get picked over him. I daresay we are taking Peach cause that is who wests want to offload and Peach is willing to take a paycut that will save us cap space. Its about freeing up cap space to help retain our stars its not about getting peach to come in and play a big role.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Because its going to save us a good amount of cap space according to blade. Peach wont be blocking anyones way, if our young guys are good enough they will get picked over him. I daresay we are taking Peach cause that is who wests want to offload and Peach is willing to take a paycut that will save us cap space. Its about freeing up cap space to help retain our stars its not about getting peach to come in and play a big role.
Thats all understandable but he's shit now. Hopefully doesn't see any first grade

betcats

Referee
Thats all understandable but he's shit now. Hopefully doesn't see any first grade

I really doubt he will see any, the guy is struggling to make the tigers side why would he come here and walk into the premiers side? The club cant afford to pay staines first grade moeny to play reserve grade and staines wants to play first grade regularly. I daresay we would swap him for anyone who was going to save us the 150-200k that Blade said it was. Staines' role in the team will be easily replaced by Turuva so we arent looking to fill a hole with Peachey we are looking to save money.

betcats

Referee
I wouldn’t underestimate our coaching & medical staff whipping Peachey into much better shape just in case we need him to play FG. And besides, it’s only one year. No big deal.

Oh I have no doubt we will get more out of him than the tigers, just not sure that will be enough to get him back into grade. From Peacheys perspective you have to ask why would he take a paycut to come here? He isnt getting an extension so why take less for the same length of deal? I think he is hoping he can turn things around and get himself another year or two with some club. If that is the case he must be prepared to work hard.

Iamback

Coach
Getting $150k and putting it on Cleary, Luai or someone to have extra for 2024 is a good thing.

Peachey isn't going to the WC so he gets longer to be smashed in pre season training

Latest posts