What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

globalpanther

Juniors
05 was a massive disappointment. Under-achieved that year. The last two years of Lang appeared to be a premiership hangover.We should have made the finals in 05.
He did have some excuses.
Puletua did his knee or shoulder (I can't remember) in round 5 in 2005 and was gone for the year. Played 20+ games in 06.

05 was Pritchard's first year he started on FG. His peak should have been the next 3-5 years after that.

06 was a right- off in the pre-season. Imo. Gower's off-field shenanigans, sacked as captain, Lang given the tap. All before the season started.
09 same as 05 we should have made finals that year. 3 games without players pre Origin v Dragons, Dogs & Sths really hurt us + the last 2 rounds which were shambolic.

Fangs

Coach
Puletua did his knee or shoulder (I can't remember but it was serious ) in round 5 in 2005 and was gone for the year. I can't remember how strong played in 06 coming back from his injury. Played 20+ games.

Was it his pectoral? I think it was against Parramatta.

There was a whisper that he would play in the final round as we were very close to the 8. Results didn't fall our way. We easily accounted for the Tigers in the final round who went on to win the premiership.

Whino

Bench
Was it his pectoral? I think it was against Parramatta.

There was a whisper that he would play in the final round as we were very close to the 8. Results didn't fall our way. We easily accounted for the Tigers in the final round who went on to win the premiership.

You are right about the pec.
Just checked it was against Melbourne. A rare win for us against them back then. Galuvao did his groin on the same match.

05 was a strange year. Won 4 from our opening 8 games. The 5 losses on the trot from rd 9 did the damage. Then later on we win our last 5 games in row. As a tease.

Original Name

Juniors
I hear you. I think Kikau has improved a lot and last year was his best season. His defence has really improved although he still struggles laterally. Commentators say he is really skilful and immense in attack, but he never delivers that in the big games. The games were defence is a lot stronger so offloads and trampling players underfoot are harder to do. That's why I think we will miss him in attack against the easier teams, but not against the likes of the Storm. Their defence stifles his power game.

Martin's game is more consistent. He won't do slick attacking moves against the weaker teams like Kikau, but he will deliver bone crunching defence every game. He is now starting to deliver plenty of metre in attack as well and starting to run great lines.
Off the top of my head in the 2020 finals we were down against Roosters 12-0 until Kikau set up a try with a very good pass to To'o to spark a comeback off a set play.

In the 2021 finals we scored against the Storm through Kikau doing that sweep play where the centre runs the line and the second rower passes it, only won the game by 2 points. In the 2020 regular season against the Storm Kikau scored the final try where he caught a kick on the full and that try sealed the game. In the 2020 regular season round 2 Clearly offloaded for Kikau to score to win seal the game against the Roosters.

Fangs

Coach
You are right about the pec.
Just checked it was against Melbourne. A rare win for us against them back then. Galuvao did his groin on the same match.

05 was a strange year. Won 4 from our opening 8 games. The 5 losses on the trot from rd 9 did the damage. Then later on we win our last 5 games in row. As a tease.

Yes it was Melbourne. We played Parramatta the week before and I have a memory of it happening then. Maybe he carried it into the Storm game.

And that sounds like a lot of teams who perform when the pressure valve is released. Penrith 2019 has those moments.

globalpanther

Juniors
Falls trains, but no deal

Kurt Falls is yet to re-sign with Penrith, but he’ll be training with the club in the pre-season. His future will be determined before the 2023 season gets underway in March.

Falls trains, but no deal

Kurt Falls is yet to re-sign with Penrith, but he’ll be training with the club in the pre-season. His future will be determined before the 2023 season gets underway in March.

Where is this story from?

I heard Falls had a deal with another Sydney club but the deal fell over recently.

Original Name

Juniors
Sounds like Defn in the Walker mould then.

Likely to a first grader?
Hard to tell. Only played a couple of games of reggies mostly played u/20s. In Cup when he was playing we looked good and we looked smoother in attack than our halves usual combo throughout the year which was basically two halfbacks together. He was playing behind probably the best forward pack in Cup tbf.

Not really one of those five eights who can play a bit like a halfback like say James Maloney/Black Green. Will need a halfback who knows what he's doing steering a team around the park besides him.

Has played a lot of his best attack besides his twin brother. They have a Jake and Tommy Turbo combo passing type thing they love to do. His twin's a gun lock forward.

The u/20's is a bit soft but I haven't really noticed any big problems in his defence nor heard anyone talk about it being a problem.

Last edited:
05 was a massive disappointment. Under-achieved that year. The last two years of Lang appeared to be a premiership hangover.We should have made the finals in 05.
He did have some excuses.
Puletua did his knee or shoulder (I can't remember but it was serious ) in round 5 in 2005 and was gone for the year. I can't remember how strong played in 06 coming back from his injury. Played 20+ games.

05 was Pritchard's first year he started on FG. His peak should have been the next 3-5 years after that.

06 was a right- off in the pre-season. Imo. Gower's off-field shenanigans, sacked as captain, Lang given the tap. All before the season started.
One name that defined our 2005 season…..

Paul Franze.

Latest posts