What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Still more to play out, but I am a little bit more optimistic on Crichton now. This week will be very interesting.
There was kid in the koori knockout who did a double chip kick try in a semi final. I saw a claim on social media we signed him months ago, have you heard anything like that?

Pantherjim.

Referee
Players being squeezed out is the ultimate price of success unfortunately, more so when you consider that this is the first time in the club’s history that we’ve won back to back premierships.

But as I’ve mentioned before, if Critta wants to play fullback and Spencer wants to be a starting prop, literally nothing the club can do anyway.

Iamback

Coach
Players being squeezed out is the ultimate price of success unfortunately, more so when you consider that this is the first time in the club’s history that we’ve won back to back premierships.

But as I’ve mentioned before, if Critta wants to play fullback and Spencer wants to be a starting prop, literally nothing the club can do anyway.

Yep, I am fine with it. We are keeping enough to be a top side for years to come

mxlegend99

Referee
Id keep Leniu before Critter tbh. We can develop a centre a lot easier than we can a front rower.

Especially one with the raw power and ability that Spencer has. Not sure what sort of money it takes to keep either. In an ideal world we shouldn't need to lose anyone else. Crazy to think the club was confident at one point of keeping Kikau and Api yet we're still struggling to get guys to sign.

Except To'o who I just couldnt ever see leaving. Just glad Martin was happy to be patient and extend for a year so the club could see what the cap situation would be. Kinda sucks losing and releasing guys like Kikau, Api, Staines etc. While being unable to get others to commit.

Iamback

Coach
Id keep Leniu before Critter tbh. We can develop a centre a lot easier than we can a front rower.

Especially one with the raw power and ability that Spencer has. Not sure what sort of money it takes to keep either. In an ideal world we shouldn't need to lose anyone else. Crazy to think the club was confident at one point of keeping Kikau and Api yet we're still struggling to get guys to sign.

Except To'o who I just couldnt ever see leaving. Just glad Martin was happy to be patient and extend for a year so the club could see what the cap situation would be. Kinda sucks losing and releasing guys like Kikau, Api, Staines etc. While being unable to get others to commit.

World Cup then no Salary Cap locked in makes it hard, I'd expect a stack of movement from all clubs once the cap is known

Iamback

Coach
What an absolute shit show of an embarrassment for the NRL not having a salary cap figure in place for next year. It really is unprofessional.

It happens more than it should in professional sport, Atleast no games have been missed yet like in Other sports

There was kid in the koori knockout who did a double chip kick try in a semi final. I saw a claim on social media we signed him months ago, have you heard anything like that?
What age group did he play?
Open aged, under 17 or under 15?
Because there are two players that I can think that it maybe.

What age group did he play?
Open aged, under 17 or under 15?
Because there are two players that I can think that it maybe.

Shaq Saunders was the one getting a bit of attention. 17 year old. Scored a ripper of a try. As Blade said off to Souths.

Black Panther

Juniors
Losing Leniu would be an absolute disgrace… Like some have said before, it is a lot easier to replace a Centre than a gun Front rower on the rise. What’s the bet we lose both Crichton and Leniu due to all the problems regarding the salary cap. We have to wait where other clubs will pull the trigger. It’s going to be a Kikau , API situation all over again.

Whino

Bench
Losing Leniu would be an absolute disgrace… Like some have said before, it is a lot easier to replace a Centre than a gun Front rower on the rise. What’s the bet we lose both Crichton and Leniu due to all the problems regarding the salary cap. We have to wait where other clubs will pull the trigger. It’s going to be a Kikau , API situation all over again.

Not much we can do if clubs are throwing big money at them. We shouldn't match it. We can't offer
Crichton a shot at FB in the short term either.
My gut feeling is we will keep one.

Latest posts