What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Salmon did the job required in 2022, great job, got himself a premiership ring, but tough decisions are being made and I can’t help feeling we would have been better served using his money elsewhere.

It is minimum wage, So if he is overtaken by a kid it isn't a huge slab of money in NSW Cup

Kilkenny

Coach
It is minimum wage, So if he is overtaken by a kid it isn't a huge slab of money in NSW Cup
I don’t believe Salmon has resigned for minimum wage.

Minimum wage is reported to be around $130k in 2023 there is no way he would have signed a deal with us on that sort of money.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t believe Salmon has resigned for minimum wage.

Minimum wage is reported to be around $130k in 2023 there is no way he would have signed a deal with us on that sort of money.

Why would we offer more?

Sometimes it is better to take less and make the next deal bigger

Kilkenny

Coach
Why would we offer more?

Sometimes it is better to take less and make the next deal bigger
He hasn’t re-signed for $130k, not a chance. I don’t profess to have any idea what his deal is, but it will be significantly more than minimum wage.

Munky

Coach
To'o is worth the extra year because he is one of a kind.

Even if his form falls off a cliff in the regular season we only need three or four signature games to win a comp at the pointy end.

Along with Edwards he turns eighty minute players into fifty minute players.

Case in point, Cam Murray being gassed in the prelim after being the best player on the field in the first half.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
He hasn’t re-signed for $130k, not a chance. I don’t profess to have any idea what his deal is, but it will be significantly more than minimum wage.

Peachey, Garner took paycuts to come here.

Garner said he took the deal here so he gets a bigger deal next up

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s much easier taking a pay cut if your earning $400k or thereabouts.

There is just no way Jaemon has signed on for minimum money for two years not a chance.

Bob

Juniors
It’s much easier taking a pay cut if your earning $400k or thereabouts.

There is just no way Jaemon has signed on for minimum money for two years not a chance.
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2022/12/02/eisenhuth-and-salmon-commit-to-panthers/

Penrith Panthers is pleased to announce the re-signings of Matt Eisenhuth and Jaeman Salmon ahead of the 2023 season.

Eisenhuth has extended his contract for a further two years which will see him remain in Panthers colours until at least the end of the 2024 season, while Salmon has recommitted to the club on a one-year deal.

Iamback

Coach
Ghttps://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2022/12/02/eisenhuth-and-salmon-commit-to-panthers/

Penrith Panthers is pleased to announce the re-signings of Matt Eisenhuth and Jaeman Salmon ahead of the 2023 season.

Eisenhuth has extended his contract for a further two years which will see him remain in Panthers colours until at least the end of the 2024 season, while Salmon has recommitted to the club on a one-year deal.

There was a story which I can't find and Garner says that the whole starting pack is rep players. So he took less to come here to maximise his next deal.

It is smart for a couple of seasons, After that cash in

Kilkenny

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2022/12/02/eisenhuth-and-salmon-commit-to-panthers/

My apologies, just a slip was aware it was just for the 1 season

Whino

Bench
According to Peter Lang on Twitter. As of today things are not looking good for retaining Crichton.

Last edited:

Murraymob1

Juniors
H
According to Peter Lang on Twitter. As of today things are not looking good for retaining Crichton.
hopefully if he goes he goes for huge money that will hurt the dogs bottom line more .
The dogs have our wrestling team .This could hurt more than losing Crighton

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Penrith have signed UFC pioneer James Te Huna. After retiring he has morped into (according to fox) a highly respected wrestling coach.

Apparently it was CC who secured us the previous wrestling team. It was known that they would follow CC when he left.

JTH has been working with Penrith from day 1 of pre season.

Here's the tweet. If he goes, he goes. We have options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221207_183601.jpg
    Screenshot_20221207_183601.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Hooked

Juniors
Dogs fan here, really hope you guys retain Crichton. Personally do not want him at all and I want to stop stealing shit from the Panthers over to us. We need to make our own identity and not copycat Penrith. Its ridiculous at this point

I think most of us what to keep Crichton but not pay top dollar. He has one of the worst managers in the NRL to deal with.
Paying top dollar for him to play FB at another club is risk imo.
Personally if I were the Dogs I would get a HB first.

Iamback

Coach
Dogs fan here, really hope you guys retain Crichton. Personally do not want him at all and I want to stop stealing shit from the Panthers over to us. We need to make our own identity and not copycat Penrith. Its ridiculous at this point

I said similar a few pages ago. Paying overs in every position is dumb

Iamback

Coach
I think most of us what to keep Crichton but not pay top dollar. He has one of the worst managers in the NRL to deal with.
Paying top dollar for him to play FB at another club is risk is a risk imo.
Personally if I were the Dogs I would get a HB first.

I'd keep Averillo there. Much cheaper

Kilkenny

Coach
Will he, won’t he. It’s all very tiring. Just sign the Bulldogs deal and put us all out of our misery. Terrific player and probably value at perhaps $700k, but if he is being offered significantly more to go to Dogs I wish him well. Thanks for your service.