What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

It’s close to inhumane keeping Laurie on in the circumstances when he’s excess to requirements.

All he’s going to do is to watch the Tigers fullback and wish it was him.

Theres all these Panthers expecting big cash, bleeding the club dry and if they see their young buddies being treated like this, I think they will be less inclined to be generous come contract time.

So it makes good sense to release him ASAP.

WestyLife

First Grade
It’s close to inhumane keeping Laurie on in the circumstances when he’s excess to requirements.

Theres all these Panthers expecting big cash, bleeding the club dry and if they see their young buddies being treated like this, I think they will be less inclined to be generous come contract time.

To be fair we told him he could have a release if he was willing to saw his foot off to get out of the shackles. Just like the first saw movie.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Rd136e3caadf8626842fcf5fb51570a9f

Alintheeast

Juniors
You put someone on the list you have to pay them maybe management feels we have enough and what’s available aren’t worth the hassle of signing to contracts and endangering the salary cap. I don’t see an issue a<30 list creates. We have enough elite players for 17 plus back up for injury. If a need for someone to make up the numbers in Reserve grade arise there are plenty of semi pro competitors plus Flegg to find them. Maybe a Canterbury Cup premiership ain’t that important to Cleary and co.

The High street is full of unsigned players wandering around looking for contracts.

Theres heaps of them near that exotic candy store across the road from salvos.You can get genuine Mexican coco cola and Choo Choo Bars at this shop. The man there is very nice.

There’s a good rivers shop there too across the way. Entry from the car park side only.

Everyone loves the riff but we’d love it more if you released Laurie from the hell and damnation of being a selection toy for the smugfather.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I’d rather guys we might use be training in the team environment, using the quality facilities and learning the tactics. I’m funny like that...

Of course if the 5/6 to come into the squad are all internal upgrades, it’s a moot point. But it seems unlikely they all will be.

The issue is. Looking at the unsigned they are poor standard. Better off keeping the spots and hoping for a decent discard

The top 25 we have looks capable. We are looking for depth I would say

betcats

Referee
Jordan Kahu is still unsigned he would be a decent pick up. Someone was talking about him here a couple months ago.

Ffs, looking around for rejects and discards but keeping Laurie!

Cruelty beyond measure.

It seems only the hardest heart can support Penrith these days.

Why are people so unkind?!

MugaB

Coach
Jordan Kahu is still unsigned he would be a decent pick up. Someone was talking about him here a couple months ago.
I'd rather Oliver Clarke, need to boost the forwards stock, and possibly re-adding mcgrady and dean blore too,

Btw fat chance Laurie is going anywhere now, everyday closer to kick off and the more spots open looks like we need cheap bodies, more than actual contributers to the run on top 17.
That means depth, on depth players.
I doubt we have the cap money left to go after kahu or any ex-first grader

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
I'd rather Oliver Clarke, need to boost the forwards stock, and possibly add mcgrady too,

Btw fat chance Laurie is going anywhere now, everyday closer to kick off and the more spots open looks like we need cheap bodies, more than actual contributers to the run on top 17.
That means depth, depth players.

We have 6 spots to fill if Whare leaves. We apparently signing a prop so call it 5. How much cap space do you think Kahu is going to cost? Not much considering he has no club for this season. Kahu is not going to prevent an Oliver Clarke level signing. I like Oliver a lot hes a great guy but he is an out and out reserve grader we could promote someone on his level internally I think or sign Oliver for minimum wage, I dont see Kahu's cost getting in the way of that.

The_Frog

First Grade
I'd rather Oliver Clarke, need to boost the forwards stock, and possibly add mcgrady too,

That means depth, depth players.
Why would you gift Laurie to the Tiges and then go out and pay anything over minimum for a replacement?

murraymob

Coach

It makes more sense to sit back and see you Tigpies crying lol

franklin2323

Immortal
We have 6 spots to fill if Whare leaves. We apparently signing a prop so call it 5. How much cap space do you think Kahu is going to cost? Not much considering he has no club for this season. Kahu is not going to prevent an Oliver Clarke level signing. I like Oliver a lot hes a great guy but he is an out and out reserve grader we could promote someone on his level internally I think or sign Oliver for minimum wage, I dont see Kahu's cost getting in the way of that.

He doesn't want to leave QLD is the issue

MugaB

Coach
It makes more sense to sit back and see you Tigpies crying lol
Yep

videotogif_2021.02.01_14.50.04.gif

Latest posts