What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We don't apply enough pressure to players to let us know what they are going to do when their contract is up .
I would be holding them back making them miss games like world club challenge .

I believe Port that is perhaps the easiest way to destroy a club's culture, cause rifts and discontent within a club.

I believe Penrith have the correct mixture of how they treat playsers when contracts are due for signing. Also how they treat players if they chose to sign elsewhere.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We don't apply enough pressure to players to let us know what they are going to do when their contract is up .
I would be holding them back making them miss games like world club challenge .
If Spencer signs with the Dogs, I wouldn’t be playing him in first grade unless we have injuries. I don’t think he’s good enough to keep the others out and if he doesn’t wanna be here, he can play Reggie’s

Kilkenny

Coach
For me it is disappointing to lose juniors we have developed.

I think in Spencer’s case he is still improving and could be something special so for me his loss will be a tough one to endure. He has more upside in my opinion than anything else we have currently. Anyway until his departure Is confirmed I hold out hope he will stay.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
If Lenui joins Critta at the Dogs so be it. I have always liked Spencer but we wont be paying overs. To'o is easily the best metre eater in the league and absolutely IRREPLACEABLE and has agreed to terms also Martin has also agreed to terms. I would much rather keep these two than Critta and Spencer!
I would have let Martin go and keept Spencer and used the left over lollie on a hooker or centre. Spencer you could offer him 400k a year whilst Martin would be around 700k..

Fact is I would have offered Spencer the starting gig for 2023 and looked to offload Leota depending on his current contract as he could be after a much bigger upgrade soon, allowing someone like Blacker to take Spencer's role of coming in like a manic for afew minutes a game moving Kenny to a running prop role when the bench hooker comes on.

I don't think Martin is a game winner, solid asf and does his job but you don't win games off his runs or off his offloading ability unlike Kiks. Should have kept Kiks over Martin, Critter, Leota and Api as he is a genuine game winner when on.

Ivan will have to change his play style this year as the edges won't be attacking so I'd say it will be up the middle playing the fitness game of tackle hard and kick to the corners and win by defence

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I would have let Martin go and keept Spencer and used the left over lollie on a hooker or centre. Spencer you could offer him 400k a year whilst Martin would be around 700k..

Fact is I would have offered Spencer the starting gig for 2023 and looked to offload Leota depending on his current contract as he could be after a much bigger upgrade soon, allowing someone like Blacker to take Spencer's role of coming in like a manic for afew minutes a game moving Kenny to a running prop role when the bench hooker comes on.

I don't think Martin is a game winner, solid asf and does his job but you don't win games off his runs or off his offloading ability unlike Kiks. Should have kept Kiks over Martin, Critter, Leota and Api as he is a genuine game winner when on.

Ivan will have to change his play style this year as the edges won't be attacking so I'd say it will be up the middle playing the fitness game of tackle hard and kick to the corners and win by defence
Martin leaving would have been a disaster.

If he’s not the No.1 back rower in the game, he’s certainly challenging. He’s got a great combo with Nathan on the right and he’s still getting better.

He’s a must keep

I thought part of the attraction of going to the WT was a three year deal but apparently the length of his deal was only two years.
He doesn’t come cheap.

He says he’s been benefiting from Robbies advice, but I’ve been watching him play for ages, and hes an “eyes up”footy player and I don’t want his groove neutered by over-coaching.

Still, Tim wants an attacking side mainly. So he’s ideal.

I think Paps was an important pick up. He’s a weapon.

There’s not too many smug marquee left for the dogs to claim short term.

The dogs raids certainly woke up your r and r.

You just have to hope there’s been no panic with the chequebook.

You have a lot of good players, but juggling the contracts etc is really tricky.

I think you’ve done ok with this. A “b” on the report.

I still think Ivan has the goods upstairs footy wise. I am expecting the smug era to finally end …but with a grand final win this season. Thence top 4 in 2024 and then it’s wait and see.