What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

WestyLife

First Grade

betcats

Referee
We offered Tamou an extension. He wanted more than just the single season.

Medium to long term Leinu is a better option. That is the way footy works

Yep the decision by Tamou and the club was made a long time ago, they negotiated, couldnt agree on the deal so Tamou looked elsewhere. His loss is planned for it has nothing to do with being unprepared.

The only unplanned loss has been tetevano, and by the time that happened we either had to let tetevano go to fit in Leniu or we would of lost Leniu. That is unfortunate but Tetevano was a really good bench prop, we can find another one with out to much difficultly and its hard to plan for a club like the dogs throwing ridiculous money at a kid like Leniu.

betcats

Referee
If we let Burton go, who replaces him?

Releasing him is what makes no sense to me.

May, Salmon, Hands. We go down the line. It would have to improve our top 17 but I am not against it.

May is a very good player, he can back up either half spot imo. If we have long term injuries to Cleary and Luai we are very likely up shit creek with or without Burton. If we lose one of them I think May can slot in pretty well.

panthersam

Juniors
Going off Clearys comments yesterday Mom is getting first crack at right centre, he mentions Burton and May as other options. I'm not sure if Salmon is in the running for a centre spot tbh.

Yeah I’d probably bank on it being a Mom/Staines combo for the first four rounds and possibly beyond depends how we are doing after that. I think this also factors in that Mom will probably be the first back up for pretty much any position 1-5 if someone goes down (not a direct replacement for 1 if Edwards were to be injured, but people would be shuffled and Mom would still come in)

betcats

Referee
Yeah I’d probably bank on it being a Mom/Staines combo for the first four rounds and possibly beyond depends how we are doing after that. I think this also factors in that Mom will probably be the first back up for pretty much any position 1-5 if someone goes down (not a direct replacement for 1 if Edwards were to be injured, but people would be shuffled and Mom would still come in)

I think Naden can fill that back up role also. He has played on the left and right and can play wing or centre. If Mom can play wing as well we are pretty lucky no matter which one ends up outside the top 17.

panthersam

Juniors
I think Naden can fill that back up role also. He has played on the left and right and can play wing or centre. If Mom can play wing as well we are pretty lucky no matter which one ends up outside the top 17.

Yeah definitely agree, I think any combination of a back 5 that we have involving Edwards, To’o, Critta, Naden, Mom and Staines and we will be doing pretty well!

WestyLife

First Grade
Going off Clearys comments yesterday Mom is getting first crack at right centre, he mentions Burton and May as other options. I'm not sure if Salmon is in the running for a centre spot tbh.
From today.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...eb11c0909ccde0c3921?__twitter_impression=true

Speaking to SEN’s Breakfast With Vossy show on Wednesday, Cleary was asked which player could fill the vacant position.
“It won’t be Brent. We’ve just recently signed Paul Momirovski, and certainly he’s been signed to have an opportunity to play there,” he said.

“It’s only his second week at the club, we feel like he’s a good player who hasn’t found a clean run at a club.
“We’ve got some other options within the squad. Matt Burton is one of those as well, he’s been doing some work at centre.

“Tyrone May... we’ve got a bunch of different options.”

betcats

Referee
From today.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...eb11c0909ccde0c3921?__twitter_impression=true

Speaking to SEN’s Breakfast With Vossy show on Wednesday, Cleary was asked which player could fill the vacant position.
“It won’t be Brent. We’ve just recently signed Paul Momirovski, and certainly he’s been signed to have an opportunity to play there,” he said.

“It’s only his second week at the club, we feel like he’s a good player who hasn’t found a clean run at a club.
“We’ve got some other options within the squad. Matt Burton is one of those as well, he’s been doing some work at centre.

“Tyrone May... we’ve got a bunch of different options.”

Yep this is what I read.

betcats

Referee
I do wonder if Naden will get extended or they back Momirovski long term with that kid you all mentioned. Turuva I think coming through.

If Mom locks down the spot I think Naden will likely leave. I think Turuva is talented enough that he will be brought through eventually regardless of who is in front of him Naden or Mom. But we have no need to rush him.

panthersam

Juniors
I do wonder if Naden will get extended or they back Momirovski long term with that kid you all mentioned. Turuva I think coming through.

I’m thinking it will come down to juggling the cap again, who they can afford to keep without sacrificing anyone else that is too important to the team. The fact that we will no longer be paying for players to play for other teams soon enough will probably help big time in regards to this.

age.s

First Grade
This isn’t a shot at your or anything but so far I’ve noticed that anyone that is backing Sauce over the options we have gone with have mentioned the experience and metres (and not the fact that those metres provided aren’t as needed/more than covered by the likes of To’o/Edwards now) but fail to make any mention of the obvious shortcomings that Josh has put up over the last few years.

I mean that's quite normal really. I'm sure everyone here acknowledges that there's pros/cons with both sides of this coin. Where we sit on the issue comes down to how much weight we give those factors. We're all going to naturally minimise the factors we think are less relevant and focus on those we think are more important.

Anyway, told myself a long time ago I wasn't going to get into Sauce discussions again. Something I need to work on :p Hes a bunny now. Time to move on.

WestyLife

First Grade
If Mom locks down the spot I think Naden will likely leave. I think Turuva is talented enough that he will be brought through eventually regardless of who is in front of him Naden or Mom. But we have no need to rush him.

Yeah no need to rush anything we have the players for now.

Latest posts