What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The_Frog

First Grade
The Mole is suggesting that we might be sniffing around Joey Taps.

I find this rumour quite entertaining on a number of levels.
It's not like we need another back rower. We're a prop short. You wouldn't move Yeo from lock, so what would be the point?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I assumed that (a) they were cheap or (b) their money was already spent for next season...

I’m guessing, but I assume they’d be on 600-700 between them. It’s well publicised that Burto is on 150, I’m guessing Nado is somewhere between 250 - 300 and Capes around 350-400.

Maybe the money is spent?? I don’t know, but he’s a handy player to pick up, that’s what I do know.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’m guessing, but I assume they’d be on 600-700 between them. It’s well publicised that Burto is on 150, I’m guessing Nado is somewhere between 250 - 300 and Capes around 350-400.

Maybe the money is spent?? I don’t know, but he’s a handy player to pick up, that’s what I do know.
Naden came back here on nothing. He failed at both Canberra and Newcastle

Original Name

Juniors
It's not like we need another back rower. We're a prop short. You wouldn't move Yeo from lock, so what would be the point?
I've seen Raiders players talk about who dominates wrestling (besides big Papa takes it easy on everyone) him the best in the forwards in Tapine. The guy tosses around the props in the team according to his team mates, when he wants to win nobody can stop him. No reason he can't play prop. He has the strength.
I assumed that (a) they were cheap or (b) their money was already spent for next season...
@Blade23 Has pretty much said we're pretty much only doing money ball buys and have been with guys like Capewell, Momo, Naden, Tetevano, Eiso, etc. It's not unheard of for NRL players to take pay cuts to some in the short term to change clubs, stay in first grade try and make more money in the long term or because they just want to leave their club because the relationship has become that bad.

With that said I think the gap between what he's on and the money we have right now is too big. Can't see the Raiders paying such a massive amount of freight unless no one else wants him and they'll be clubs that do.

Unless it's that new rules thing that's coming into effect. I believe the rule means we'd only to have pay the portion of his contract that hasn't been paid for the rest of the year that he's getting paid in. A one year deal for like 2/3rds of a year is a bit weird but maybe he sees an opportunity to win a premiership so he's willing to do it off the back of that. With that said I find that very doubtful.

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
If we got money throw it at Burton to backflip. He can play fullback or edge back row depending on how he develops. Martin can play middle or edge giving us options, and we have forwards impressing in lower grades who probably won't get a deserved chance here if we sign Tapine.

And f**k the morality of it when it comes to contracts, there is none of that left in the game.

WestyLife

First Grade
If we got money throw it at Burton to backflip. He can play fullback or edge back row depending on how he develops. Martin can play middle or edge giving us options, and we have forwards impressing in lower grades who probably won't get a deserved chance here if we sign Tapine.

And f**k the morality of it when it comes to contracts, there is none of that left in the game.

He can't if the dogs don't agree. Even if he wanted to he now can't play with us for at least 3 years.

WestyLife

First Grade
He could always do a Josh Aloiai, or a Ryan Matterson. I thought the third year, was in favour of Matt?

Sure he could and they could still say no and he'd have to sit out for the length of the contract with no football at all or they stick him in reserve grade.

Jane Murray

Bench
Sure he could and they could still say no and he'd have to sit out for the length of the contract with no football at all or they stick him in reserve grade.
Yeah I know. Hopefully, and this is highly unlikely, there is a get out clause, which stipulates, that when Barrett is sacked, and he will be sacked, Burton can get out. Geez, his manager is greedy.

Latest posts