What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blade23

Juniors
The club won't be paying a million dollars or anything near that for the Fish.
After recent extensions we simply can't afford it, nor will the club under the current regime pay that amount for a forward.

It is at a stalemate at the moment but some time away from negotiations is needed.
I still say he stays. It is just going to take more time.

A time to keep a cool head.

MugaB

Coach
The club won't be paying a million dollars or anything near that for the Fish.
After recent extensions we simply can't afford it, nor will the club under the current regime pay that amount for a forward.

It is at a stalemate at the moment but some time away from negotiations is needed.
I still say he stays. It is just going to take more time.

A time to keep a cool head.
This is his management speaking right, I'm fairly sure he himself would play at the amount he is currently on..
What is his management thinking over extending his worth, again i stress i would pay that amount for him, but thats way too much pressure at the price to perform, i mean talmalolo gets that over 10 years, fish is intitled to try, but surely he knows the cap gets bent and either the depth we have disapears, or another key player leaves in his stead

@hindy111 you can stay on your dumb pawwa forum and jibber on about your fwd pack, I'll stay on mine

maple_69

Bench
Agree $750K would be tops for me. I’d keep him over Kikau but behind Api and $1M will not allow us to keep Api for another 3 years.

Always good to have a couple real high quality forward leaders amongst the good value/young guys so would be a shame to lose him. I think Martin can be that guy though in the future. He’s still patchy but he’ll put it together over the next few years and be one of the best forwards in the game and a very good fit for our style of play. .

tripster

Juniors
Someone is worth what someone is willing to pay and some team, a shit one who needs to pay overs to get quality players, might pay him that much. We won't pay that, we don't have to, it's a question of how close we can get to the more desperate team's offers and how much he's willing to leave on the table to stay at a happy successful team.

Exactly

Kilkenny

Coach
I wonder whether there is a possibility of a one year deal for Kurt Capewell. I really don’t think the Broncos are a realistic option for him, they are clearly strapped for salary cap space and need to spend whatever they have for there spine. The 2nd Brisbane team in 2023 would surely seem a more realistic option for him.

MugaB

Coach
I wonder whether there is a possibility of a one year deal for Kurt Capewell. I really don’t think the Broncos are a realistic option for him, they are clearly strapped for salary cap space and need to spend whatever they have for there spine. The 2nd Brisbane team in 2023 would surely seem a more realistic option for him.
I've said this from the start, when folks were talking about him up for another contract, he could very well be the perfect player for a marquee signing for the 2nd brisbane side, i also thought Reynolds would stay on for another year at the bunnies, and he could join capes at that new franchise, under a possible Wayne Bennett, Moses M'bye or Cameron Munster at 5/8th, and Nico Hynes in at Fullback, get an experienced Hooker like Josh Hodgson or Jake Granville and thats a core team to build off, i get that most players are looking out for next year, but a new 13mill cap will open up huge potential to land a concrete gig at a club under a pro like Bennett, who has been at Canberra and Broncos in its inception, its better than signing onto a uncertain club like bronx right now

Fangs

Coach
Capewell is worth a shout. Hosed down as a signing originally, not many gave him a chance. Has turned into an absolute bargain buy.

Just asked him what is worth more? Another year with a great team, or a year rebuilding with shit heels. He should explore the market in 2022.

betcats

Referee
Going by his managers comments Capewell will be looking for a big deal. Martin fills his shoes easily and young Tago looks like a future star we will be fine if he goes.

The young guy who debuted for the cowboys last night looked really good to me, we should be looking to cherry pick some good talent like that from other clubs, get the next kikau when we can bring them in cheap.

hindy111

Post Whore
He must take the money. He is 28 soon and I doubt he has earned more then an average of 200k a season over most of his career.
He will maybe double that and has perhaps 3 yrs left before returns as a squad/journeymen. Yes it would be nice to stay at a strong club but he hasn't been blessed with large contracts.
Much easier decision if it was say JFH who lets says gets to age 28 and has made plenty from the game.
There is also a lot bugger difference between say 300k and 400k then there is with higher earners when may take 750k over 850k to stay at a strong side.

Latest posts