What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
We need to imagine guys like Billy or Herman with a bit of Penrith shine on them, think of us like the storm in our ability to get the best out of players, especially plodders because we have been having that effect on players who have come here the last two years in particular with Capewell, Sorenson, Eisnhuth all playing above expectations. Ivan has always had this touch with players, there have been many have their best eyars under Ivan. I'd happily take Herman or Billy, either would be fine off the bench if needed.

MugaB

Coach
We need to imagine guys like Billy or Herman with a bit of Penrith shine on them, think of us like the storm in our ability to get the best out of players, especially plodders because we have been having that effect on players who have come here the last two years in particular with Capewell, Sorenson, Eisnhuth all playing above expectations. Ivan has always had this touch with players, there have been many have their best eyars under Ivan. I'd happily take Herman or Billy, either would be fine off the bench if needed.
Yeah Herman needs a brain first tho, these other guys we brought in like Capes, Eisen, and Sorenson have decision-making capabilities, there is a certain type of player we are looking for nowadays, and its not ones that lack brain cells, its why Bryce, Waqa, and DWZ aren't at the club no more... we can't win games with bad decisions in key moments... look at the dogs last week, DWZ and that offload straight to Leniu, Vossy said it was his bday on the commentary.
Waqa in his past few games in defence, and Mansour and his offloads in our own 20, seriously we aren't in the market for stoopid....
That's a parra thing

Jane Murray

Bench
Yeah Herman needs a brain first tho, these other guys we brought in like Capes, Eisen, and Sorenson have decision-making capabilities, there is a certain type of player we are looking for nowadays, and its not ones that lack brain cells, its why Bryce, Waqa, and DWZ aren't at the club no more... we can't win games with bad decisions in key moments... look at the dogs last week, DWZ and that offload straight to Leniu, Vossy said it was his bday on the commentary.
Waqa in his past few games in defence, and Mansour and his offloads in our own 20, seriously we aren't in the market for stoopid....
That's a parra thing
Yeah I loved DWZ's try assist to us.

martielang

Bench
Herman was supposedly a big off season for the Titans, I have no idea why he has not figured in there team thus far I simply passed on what a mate suggested over a couple of beers at the Paceway before the Bulldogs game. My mate is well connected albeit he is connected to St Mary’s RL. His mail is normally close to the mark

Hermans a good shout. Thought I read he may have been off to the Cowboys? Has fallen off the face of the earth at the Titans.

betcats

Referee
That's a parra thing

Yeah but we are looking for a prop not a rocket surgeon, just tell Herman not to try and kill anyone. He would be playing short stints as a depth prop in our side so I think he would be fine.

betcats

Referee
We have Leota making up our quota of prop stupidity with his two sin bins in the past few weeks.

Good thing we moved Simplest Jack on.

Leota hasn’t been this dumb in the past, I’m hoping it’s just a temporary loss of brains and he will be back to his reliable self after this suspension.

MugaB

Coach
Leota hasn’t been this dumb in the past, I’m hoping it’s just a temporary loss of brains and he will be back to his reliable self after this suspension.
Which i can handle due to him being our own enforcer, but "Hermans head" isn't, and im not sure he will learn

Kilkenny

Coach
Hermans a good shout. Thought I read he may have been off to the Cowboys? Has fallen off the face of the earth at the Titans.
My mate mentioned a couple of others, Polynesian names, names I was not familiar with and given I had a few have since forgotten. I feel fairly certain we are going to bring another prop into the club, as cover and depth for the remainder of this season and most probably signed for next season as well.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I hope Capewell stays, if he goes, he goes.

BY
MITCH KEATING

https://www.zerotackle.com/broncos-facing-fight-from-rivals-to-land-panthers-gun-105169/#
GettyImages-1309049188-696x464.jpg
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 25: Kurt Capewell of the Panthers celebrates with team mates after scoring a try during the round three NRL match between the Penrith Panthers and the Melbourne Storm at Panthers Stadium on March 25, 2021, in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)

Interest in luring Penrith forward Kurt Capewell to Queensland looks to be growing momentum as North Queensland ramp up their battle with the Broncos to sign the Maroons star.
Capewell has long been in the sights of the two Queensland clubs, with The Daily Telegraph reporting that the Cowboys are considering a three-year deal for the second-rower.
The Panthers remain keen on securing Capewell’s services past this season, with a two-year deal in consideration by the ladder-leaders.
NRL Rd 6 - Broncos v Panthers
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA – APRIL 15: Kurt Capewell of the Panthers celebrates scoring a try during the round six NRL match between the Brisbane Broncos and the Penrith Panthers at Suncorp Stadium, on April 15, 2021, in Brisbane, Australia. (Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images)
However, Penrith are battling a tight budget after the recent re-signings of star trio Isaah Yeo, Jarome Luai and Stephen Crichton this year.

Capewell’s manager Clinton Schifcofske told News Corp that the Broncos and Cowboys are well in the race to land the 27-year-old.

“Kurt hasn’t finalised his future yet, the Cowboys and Broncos are still very much in the picture,” Schifcofske said.
“It looked like Kurt was going to stay at the Panthers but Penrith’s position has changed a little bit, so we’ll see where he ends up.

KURT CAPEWELL
Second-row

“The Cowboys have tabled an offer and they have been great in discussions. Kurt has been really impressed with Todd Payten and Micheal Luck, they’ve conducted themselves really well so North Queensland are right in the mix.”
A one-year extension would place Capewell on the market ahead of the 2023 season, when a second Brisbane side is likely to gain the NRL’s 17th license.
With a number of suitors already lining up for the honours of the league’s next Queensland side, Capewell, among many others, will be in the sights of the imminent expansion club.
“A second Brisbane team is also an option, but that could be a timing thing for Kurt depending on the length of his next deal,” Schifcofske added.
The Broncos stunted their push for the Maroons centre after lowballing an offer earlier this year that was reportedly $80,000 short of Capewell’s current price at the mountains.
Brisbane coach Kevin Walters recently identified Capewell and fellow Maroons star Dane Gagai as potential targets for 2022.
GettyImages-1153863113.jpg
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA – JUNE 05: Dane Gagai of the Maroons runs the ball during game one of the 2019 State of Origin series between the Queensland Maroons and the New South Wales Blues at Suncorp Stadium on June 05, 2019 in Brisbane, Australia. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)
The Broncos will have a tussle with the Cowboys to land Capewell however, with the Townsville club also set for a busy transfer season.
The Cowboys have already confirmed the signings of Chad Townsend and Peta Hiku from 2022, while Tom Dearden joined North Queensland via an early release last week.
Capewell will lineup for the Maroons next Wednesday in what will be his second Origin serious for Queensland.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I hope Capewell stays, if he goes, he goes.

BY
MITCH KEATING

https://www.nospam21.com/broncos-facing-fight-from-rivals-to-land-panthers-gun-105169/#
GettyImages-1309049188-696x464.jpg
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 25: Kurt Capewell of the Panthers celebrates with team mates after scoring a try during the round three NRL match between the Penrith Panthers and the Melbourne Storm at Panthers Stadium on March 25, 2021, in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)

Interest in luring Penrith forward Kurt Capewell to Queensland looks to be growing momentum as North Queensland ramp up their battle with the Broncos to sign the Maroons star.
Capewell has long been in the sights of the two Queensland clubs, with The Daily Telegraph reporting that the Cowboys are considering a three-year deal for the second-rower.
The Panthers remain keen on securing Capewell’s services past this season, with a two-year deal in consideration by the ladder-leaders.
NRL Rd 6 - Broncos v Panthers
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA – APRIL 15: Kurt Capewell of the Panthers celebrates scoring a try during the round six NRL match between the Brisbane Broncos and the Penrith Panthers at Suncorp Stadium, on April 15, 2021, in Brisbane, Australia. (Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images)
However, Penrith are battling a tight budget after the recent re-signings of star trio Isaah Yeo, Jarome Luai and Stephen Crichton this year.

Capewell’s manager Clinton Schifcofske told News Corp that the Broncos and Cowboys are well in the race to land the 27-year-old.

“Kurt hasn’t finalised his future yet, the Cowboys and Broncos are still very much in the picture,” Schifcofske said.
“It looked like Kurt was going to stay at the Panthers but Penrith’s position has changed a little bit, so we’ll see where he ends up.
KURT CAPEWELL
Second-row

“The Cowboys have tabled an offer and they have been great in discussions. Kurt has been really impressed with Todd Payten and Micheal Luck, they’ve conducted themselves really well so North Queensland are right in the mix.”
A one-year extension would place Capewell on the market ahead of the 2023 season, when a second Brisbane side is likely to gain the NRL’s 17th license.
With a number of suitors already lining up for the honours of the league’s next Queensland side, Capewell, among many others, will be in the sights of the imminent expansion club.
“A second Brisbane team is also an option, but that could be a timing thing for Kurt depending on the length of his next deal,” Schifcofske added.
The Broncos stunted their push for the Maroons centre after lowballing an offer earlier this year that was reportedly $80,000 short of Capewell’s current price at the mountains.
Brisbane coach Kevin Walters recently identified Capewell and fellow Maroons star Dane Gagai as potential targets for 2022.
GettyImages-1153863113.jpg
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA – JUNE 05: Dane Gagai of the Maroons runs the ball during game one of the 2019 State of Origin series between the Queensland Maroons and the New South Wales Blues at Suncorp Stadium on June 05, 2019 in Brisbane, Australia. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)
The Broncos will have a tussle with the Cowboys to land Capewell however, with the Townsville club also set for a busy transfer season.
The Cowboys have already confirmed the signings of Chad Townsend and Peta Hiku from 2022, while Tom Dearden joined North Queensland via an early release last week.
Capewell will lineup for the Maroons next Wednesday in what will be his second Origin serious for Queensland.

I think sadly it may come down to cap space and origin bonuses. It is was it is. I would love Capewell to stay, but if the $ are too good elsewhere he probably should take it for his family's sake.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I think sadly it may come down to cap space and origin bonuses. It is was it is. I would love Capewell to stay, but if the $ are too good elsewhere he probably should take it for his family's sake.
I remember reading an article, in which Capewell was quoted as saying that monetary terms will not decide where he plays. If he leaves, I would love to see Tago take his place.

Original Name

Juniors
Fish is more often than not replaced by Leniu though. Fish plays avg 51 mins, Leniu 25. May's rotation is normally with Yeo and Api/Kenny.
I didn't say May replaces Fish. I said May's minutes where he play lock can cross over with the minutes where Fish is off.
Both Fish & May have a net points per minute ratio of 0.37 (eq 4th highest behind Hopgood 0.72, Api 0.41, Martin at 0.39). Wanna know who has the lowest? Leniu at 0.19.
When Leniu Eiso and May are on To'o and Leniu are the only guys really bending the line. Put Leniu around players going forward instead of being the only forward providing it and you'll see a dramatic difference. It's also a difference Yeo makes to the players around him. The way he gives the players around him the ball, the defence holds on him because they respect his running game so when he passes it's difference in the defensive line compared to when May passes it when he's lock.

JFH is a beast and I love him. I'm too think he's best prop in the NRL and I rate him incredibly highly. It's not just about the metres he makes and that kinda stuff but he uses his presence a lot pushing up on the inside a lot to hold the defence and allow the ball player to pass to outside more effectively. He plays very unselfishly and I think that gives him an edge over top tier props. But he doesn't play alone. He's effected by the players around him like all players are.

Whino

Bench
Brent Read seems to suggest in his column yesterday Capewell was favoured to re-sign with us for a further year until the Cowboys came in with their high offer. Now he could be leaving.
He also mentioned because Origin was played at the end of last year the player's bonuses are on this year's cap. Causing us more pain.