What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

ACTPanthers

Bench
Would rather keep Capewell then Kikau. Not sure what is going on but everytime he gets the ball, it seems like he tries too much and drops it, especially on sweeps out wide. Should just grab the ball and run hard. Especially would not like to pay overs for him, think he is on the decline and would be happy if we used the cash elsewhere so someone more consistent.
The hardest thing about Kiks, is we know he's better than he's been playing... the question is if he get back to that form or not

Kilkenny

Coach
The hardest thing about Kiks, is we know he's better than he's been playing... the question is if he get back to that form or not
He’s been not where he should be that is for sure.

I’m thinking he needs to be at his best beast tonight and deliver a MOM performance.

We need him to step up and be the match winner he should be given his undoubted attributes. Sure he needs his team mates to help him out and create opportunities for him but geez he can flatter to deceive sometimes.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Honestly, we have tough decisions to make next year with Api, JFH, Kikau and Edwards off contract and honestly - on current form - Kikau is last on that list for me as far as Cost/Benefit.
I agree. Tago could take his place. I am liking what I see from him.

martielang

Bench
Why would anyone want to lose both Kiks and Capewell?

Kiks seems to be an important character in the team as well, think it’d be stupid to let him walk - pending money obviously.

murraymob

Coach
Capewell May well stay currently the cows are offering a 3 year deal only 80k more than our 1 year deal .if we could squeeze out 1 more year I am sure he would stay

Kilkenny

Coach

Kiks seems to be an important character in the team as well, think it’d be stupid to let him walk - pending money obviously.
While Kikau has not been at his best, players with his attributes don’t grow on trees and don’t come around too often so we somehow need to find a way of getting the best out of him and back in form.

As for his retention Ill leave that up to the brains trust.

Smug Panther

First Grade
While Kikau has not been at his best, players with his attributes don’t grow on trees and don’t come around too often so we somehow need to find a way of getting the best out of him and back in form.

As for his retention Ill leave that up to the brains trust.
I really think he's peaked at least as a backrower. Love to see what he could do in the middle going forward

Big Mick

Referee

Who is more important to the team - JFH, Api or Kikau?

I don't see a way we could possibly afford to keep Kikau when he's a glorified decoy atm.

mxlegend99

Referee
Who is more important to the team - JFH, Api or Kikau?

I don't see a way we could possibly afford to keep Kikau when he's a glorified decoy atm.
Api and Kikau i can't split.

But Kikau we can definitely live without. As great as he is when he's on. It's not nearly often enough

Crashtest

Juniors
Why he has not been offered over 400k so far the cowboys offer is lower than what we are paying now difference they are offering 3 years we offering 1

Although I'd love for the Panthers to extend him, given Martin and Tago are already locked up for next season, Capewell's money helps them extend JFH and Api.

An article the other day said Capewell is currently on $380K with Penrith, and the Cowboys offer is $400k. Plus there was an article last month that said that Brisbane had offered him $450K.

With the shortage of quality 2nd rowers on the market for next year, if he has 2 more decent origin games this season, I think a desperate club will offer up to $500K to get him. And that would be too much for the Panthers to get close to.

Latest posts