What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Panther79

Juniors
Burton also doesn't do the early tough runs that Crichton does.

That said Burton would of been a weapon centre
Agree and am not sold on Crichton either.He doesn't appear to run hard and makes some bad handling errors. Definitely should not be put at FB again as his positional play was terrible. Raiders were carving us up and would have probably won in that early round game but for their fullback getting injured.

He is almost in the Kikau mould and I would compare Crichton with Burton the same way as Capewell and Kikau. It seems like you get more consistency with Burto and Capewell but their ceiling is not as high as Kikau and Crichton. Think you need both types in a team to be successful but in this case if I had to choose, would go with Burto and Capewell.

**Edit, reply meant for Munky's comment, no idea how to edit wrong quotes.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure on the answers but I want someone who plays well too, not just loves the club and wants to stay, the other question is, does anyone else want him? That effects how much he loves the club and wants to stay too.

I had this discussion after the Roosters game. Who can fill that role on the market? Very hard to get a player to fill most positions. Either way with Kenny or Tago you end up moving Capewell or Burton should an injury hit

For that reason he will stay. He allows the rest of the side to go on as normal after an injury. Every squad needs a guy like that

I don't think anyone in their right mind has a problem if May leaves.
Unpopular opinion and I may not be of right mind (wouldn’t be the first time I am accused of it) but I would have a problem if May leaves. I think his utility value is very under-rated.

The storm game when he slotted into fullback on the run and did a passable job without disrupting the rest of the team was a great example. I feel a player like that on the bench is really important in the modern game.

I had this discussion after the Roosters game. Who can fill that role on the market? Very hard to get a player to fill most positions. Either way with Kenny or Tago you end up moving Capewell or Burton should an injury hit

For that reason he will stay. He allows the rest of the side to go on as normal after an injury. Every squad needs a guy like that
What he said....

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Cleary $1milllion
JFH $800k
Crichton $650k ???
Lenui $650k???
luai ??

This is alot out of the cap. Is this sustainable??

It meaans with a cap like that we pad the joint out with players who can fill a role. At least the bloes who are getting the big money are earning it, (unlike some other clubs). Luai i think would probably be 700-900 also Yeo wouldn't be cheap either. Basically doing a melbourne strategy when the bg 4 or 5 were there.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Critter needs to kick on and be a fullback or he's gone. Can't pay a centre that

I think this is the way forward. Since comming back to centre from Fullback he's looked better though.

Fascinating on who takes Burton's spot for 2022. According to Brent Read we are OK for 2022. But onwards from 2022 is pretty tight.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
It meaans with a cap like that we pad the joint out with players who can fill a role. At least the bloes who are getting the big money are earning it, (unlike some other clubs). Luai i think would probably be 700-900 also Yeo wouldn't be cheap either. Basically doing a melbourne strategy when the bg 4 or 5 were there.
Lenui needs to build his motor by 2023 to make it worth the money. Crichton I am not sure on but the money he is on for a centre will hurt. Lucky Edwards isn't on much

DinkyDi

Juniors
All these speculation about player earnings? None of us are in the inner sanctum. It is just pure speculation. I am sure that Ivan, Matt, and co, know what they are doing.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Tago needs to stay on the bench now to get some experience. He'll also go well interchanging with Kikau as they are very different players, won't be easy for opposition defences

mxlegend99

Referee
Lenui needs to build his motor by 2023 to make it worth the money. Crichton I am not sure on but the money he is on for a centre will hurt. Lucky Edwards isn't on much
Critter was always a big risk. The second he wanted more I was hoping we'd tell him he can get that elsewhere. One season and suddenly he thinks he's worth what Mitchell was on after a few seasons, grand finals wins and origin wins.

He's not even worth the $500k he was unhappy with. He hopefully will be one day. But i think he was an investment which backfired

Latest posts