What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Sime_11

Juniors
not sure if this was brought up recently but would we consider Peach returning to Penrith if the price was right?

maple_69

Bench
I've got nothing against the Peach, he's had a good season. I think with the space Nath & our pack provides to players like him he would be back in Origin contention. I just doubt we'll be signing any players from outside worth 200K+ for the foreseeable future.

Kilkenny

Coach
He bombs the odd try but aside from that what holes does he have in his game? Will only get better too
My only worry about Crichton is the size of his deal.

I tend to think $500k was about right, but he forced our hand and resigned for $600k or more depending on who you believe.

If will be important for him to continue to improve to develop into a top class centre or fullback depending on where he ends up. He is on big money and we need him to provide value for money.

franklin2323

Immortal
My only worry about Crichton is the size of his deal.

I tend to think $500k was about right, but he forced our hand and resigned for $600k or more depending on who you believe.

If will be important for him to continue to improve to develop into a top class centre or fullback depending on where he ends up. He is on big money and we need him to provide value for money.

It is only 3 years though

By which age he will be 24 so it isn't a risky for the club

Kilkenny

Coach
The NSW Schoolboys carnival has been completed and they are talking up John Sagaga, 17 year old front rower who played for Patrician Brothers. Apparently, he has already debuted for our Flegg Side. A few others who are contracted to us got a mention as having a future including Riley Smith, Jack Cole and Jess McLean. I watched the Catholic boys take on Combined High School game in which Riley Smith played. I’ve seen Riley a few times in SG Ball and he looked good although in the game during the week he missed quite a few tackles so perhaps need a little work on his defence.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is only 3 years though

By which age he will be 24 so it isn't a risky for the club
$600k or more is big money, so despite his age he has to earn it and deliver value for money. That’s all I’m saying.

On his wage he would be the highest paid outside back in the club so it is important he delivers.

franklin2323

Immortal
$600k or more is big money, so despite his age he has to earn it and deliver value for money. That’s all I’m saying.

On his wage he would be the highest paid outside back in the club so it is important he delivers.

It would be but not the highest paid across the comp.

As for him delivering that depends on the definition. Hopefully he stays right centre now and can build up form

Kilkenny

Coach
It would be but not the highest paid across the comp.

As for him delivering that depends on the definition. Hopefully he stays right centre now and can build up form
I’m not suggesting he has been poor, or he isn’t going to improve or anything, I’m just saying we are paying him marquee money so we need him to deliver value for money.

Sime_11

Juniors
hoping Crichton fills out a bit more and uses his size to his advantage to be more imposing....

Critta seems a bit soft compared to Luai & Bizza - doesnt like the dirty stuff which concerns me given his size. He could be devastating, he just needs to find more aggression into his game.

John Hamblin

Juniors
hoping Crichton fills out a bit more and uses his size to his advantage to be more imposing....

Critta seems a bit soft compared to Luai & Bizza - doesnt like the dirty stuff which concerns me given his size. He could be devastating, he just needs to find more aggression into his game.

He is still only young he has been moved around to right centre left centre and fullback . He just needs time in one position hopefully right centre and I'm sure he will play FG for another 10 years. He has all the tools!!

hindy111

Post Whore
JFH deserves the big bucks.

I don’t see SOO in Crichton. I see Waqa Blake, I don’t see elite, certainly not anywhere near Latrell, Turbo or even the Morris brothers.

I agree. Over rated big time this kid. Still a great player but gee if could of thrown his 600k at Burton.

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree. Over rated big time this kid. Still a great player but gee if could of thrown his 600k at Burton.
I’m not saying he is necessarily over rated, I’m simply saying I’m not sure he is a $600k or more a season player.

I'm not sure Burton was worthy of $600k a season either but unfortunately when players are given such high contracts it puts pressure on the cap.

It makes no difference now, but had we of resigned Crichton at his real value then who knows perhaps we could have retained Burton. Probably not, but I tend to think we may just have paid overs for Stephen. I hope not, I hope he develops into a superstar, but I’m not seeing it right now, I see very good player, just not elite player.

Kilkenny

Coach
I didn't have an issue with Mansour leaving. Especially now looking back it was the appropriate decisions.....(day at mudgee proved that)

For many years I have used the word 'sauce' instead of 'source' no reference to the bearded winger at all.
I was making a joke Alice. I thought you would fall into my trap. I led a lot of discussion around the exit of Josh Mansour, me, not you my views were about the way it was done, but it’s ancient history and not worth revisiting.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m not saying he is necessarily over rated, I’m simply saying I’m not sure he is a $600k or more a season player.

I'm not sure Burton was worthy of $600k a season either but unfortunately when players are given such high contracts it puts pressure on the cap.

It makes no difference now, but had we of resigned Crichton at his real value then who knows perhaps we could have retained Burton. Probably not, but I tend to think we may just have paid overs for Stephen. I hope not, I hope he develops into a superstar, but I’m not seeing it right now, I see very good player, just not elite player.

Is any centre worth more then 500k? It seems one of those positions you can throw an average NRL player in and spend money elsewhere.

hindy111

Post Whore
Staines wouldn't be in NRL unless they view him as a fullback down track imo. This is his apprenticeship. Nothing more.

Latest posts