What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No way Leota is getting more than 500k sorry mate but I dont buy that at all.

Whatever Api is being paid now it will cost us more to re-sign him so what we can get for Api's current price is irrelevant. I am not talking about ripping up his contract.

With Api's recent behaviour, I'd say that cuts a 1/3 of his next contract. Look at the haircut Vaughan took at the dogs for next year. In a strange and weird way this will help out cap.

murraymob

First Grade
With Api's recent behaviour, I'd say that cuts a 1/3 of his next contract. Look at the haircut Vaughan took at the dogs for next year. In a strange and weird way this will help out cap.
I doubt it .the dogs have big money sharks dragons all need hookers they will pay what he wants

The_Frog

First Grade
When you're really good at what you do, you can get away with quite a lot. If you call 2 games and $35k getting away with it.

franklin2323

Immortal

Whatever Api is being paid now it will cost us more to re-sign him so what we can get for Api's current price is irrelevant. I am not talking about ripping up his contract.
Replace him with who?

Edwards
Leota
Depending on how well we replace Capewell - Kikau even we can cover but there are no hookers

franklin2323

Immortal
I doubt it .the dogs have big money sharks dragons all need hookers they will pay what he wants

Jai Arrow, JDB, Mitchell Pearce didn't get reduced deals... infact if they cut players deals when players are pigs.

You could half the salary cap easily

Original Name

Juniors
Looking at things from a roster point of view if we have to do this the guy we move on should be replaced by someone we can replace of similar ability. Api's only on around 500K. Can we find a great 80 minute hooker for that money?

Both Kikau and Leota are on more money and they're in a position where it's easier to find good Rugby League players and is less important position.

@Blade23 Sorry if I've misinterpreted you but Leota being on more than Api is correct right?

Crashtest

Juniors
Wont happen with Api. He is a skilled number 9 that will be in big demand by struggling clubs. What stupid off field thing he did in 2021 will not even spring to mind by club’s head of recruitment by 2023.

Paul Vaughn‘s haircut was because he was never worth the 800k that the Dragons were paying him. Where as Api is easily worth more than the 500k that the panthers are currently paying him.

Penrith will be cutting there own throats if they don’t resign him.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Wont happen with Api. He is a skilled number 9 that will be in big demand by struggling clubs. What stupid off field thing he did in 2021 will not even spring to mind by club’s head of recruitment by 2023.

Paul Vaughn‘s haircut was because he was never worth the 800k that the Dragons were paying him. Where as Api is easily worth more than the 500k that the panthers are currently paying him.

Penrith will be cutting there own throats if they don’t resign him.
If they supported May and re signed him after the mud he drugged the club through, they will keep Api.

Kilkenny

Coach
Api is also 30 or almost at the end of next season. He is going to want a two or three year deal. Even forgetting recent events he could be a risk given his age. I think there may be a case for a cheaper, younger alternative.

MrBlack

Juniors
Moral issues aside - Api's punishment is for Covid breaches. 2 games plus a fine

Cleary (N) breached Covid last year and got 3 games. He is not signing a cut price deal when his contract is up.

Api takes his punishment then business as usual. Premiership window wide open.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Api is also 30 or almost at the end of next season. He is going to want a two or three year deal. Even forgetting recent events he could be a risk given his age. I think there may be a case for a cheaper, younger alternative.
Age and injury too. Who can fill the role though? This position younger under 22 will be too small and body needs to develop. This position too is an expensive one to fill if you want quality

Kilkenny

Coach
Age and injury too. Who can fill the role though? This position younger under 22 will be too small and body needs to develop. This position too is an expensive one to fill if you want quality
We don’t know as yet who can or will fill the role. Such decisions are 18 months away. Perhaps one of our juniors Riley Smith or otherwise will develop quickly or perhaps we recruit a highly quality youngster from another club. Anyway our problems are much more immediate, with our season in serious jeopardy with our injury woes.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
We don’t know as yet who can or will fill the role. Such decisions are 18 months away. Perhaps one of our juniors Riley Smith or otherwise will develop quickly or perhaps we recruit a highly quality youngster from another club. Anyway our problems are much more immediate, with our season in serious jeopardy with our injury woes.
I've concluded it's over. The work load in the origin boys is a bit much and I believe you should not have more than 3 players from a club to play SOO.

Blade23

Juniors
@Blade23 Hey mate are you aware of any news about May and To'o? Both were limping during the game.

He just reposts shit from others and posts it on his own instagram page to give the illusion it's his. It was in the Daily Telegraph claiming they were after Kikau and Finucane. It was also claimed we'd have to shed someone now that we haven't bought TPJ written as if that's a fact. But Blade has said that's not necessarily true and it depends what Moss, Kikau, Api, etc are after.

We don't have to shed anyone to accomodate TPJ. However, the money that was being used to front end a few deals will be on next years cap.
It is a modest amount and could be the difference between retaining someone or not.

Kilkenny

Coach
We don't have to shed anyone to accomodate TPJ. However, the money that was being used to front end a few deals will be on next years cap.
It is a modest amount and could be the difference between retaining someone or not.
Just out of interest did you think TPJ was a good piece of business.

Latest posts