What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
Zero chance. Api's one of the best players in his position. Which is one of the most important positions in the team. His next contract will be bigger.

He still lives in Manly in an apartment they bought before he signed with you. No intentions of moving from what I hear. His wife is from the area and any chance he had of them leaving the area has probably gone up in smoke with his recent behaviour. They're also other reasons they probably won't leave the area which I won't get into.

A big money deal with a club closer to home seems very likely imo. Maybe Dogs might have another crack at him again.

That might be true but why did he sign with Penrith in the first place? Must be other reasons excluding travel.

He will get the same support as our others deviants. I expect he re-signs in good faith (And good money).

franklin2323

Immortal
I would keep Edwards. He wouldn't be on a huge amount and he is solid. I don't see anything in Staines as fullback. Edwards to keep the spot for a year or two until the next superstar junior is ready... (who is that, BTW?)

The issue with the next superstars is the 2 years missed junior development

Big Bill

Juniors
Laurie and Staines have very similar builds. Laurie 2 years older. I don't see a problem with run metres.

On ball playing I'd disagree. It hasn't been seen much on the wing but he has a great passing game. His acceleration and agility will create plenty of opportunities on the outside.

I think we have bet on the right horse between Laurie/Staines.
I've seen him in the lower grades and he was all class from Fullback and he has shown glimpses of that in 1st grade. I'd give him a bit more time to mature yet.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I've seen him in the lower grades and he was all class from Fullback and he has shown glimpses of that in 1st grade. I'd give him a bit more time to mature yet.
Yes agreed, I too have been watching him through lower grades and was always impressed by his ability. I was stoked when he got his break in FG. We need to be patient until he develops because I'm sure there is a star player in there.

Kilkenny

Coach
The issue with the next superstars is the 2 years missed junior development
The cream of the crop tend to rise to the top.

Haven’t been able to watch too much junior footy this past two disrupted seasons but have to hope there are a handful of kids with NRL potential. John Sagaga has been resigned and there are wraps on him so hopefully he develops over the course of his new two year deal. I haven’t seen a lot of him.

DinkyDi

Juniors

Haven’t been able to watch too much junior footy this past two disrupted seasons but have to hope there are a handful of kids with NRL potential. John Sagaga has been resigned and there are wraps on him so hopefully he develops over the course of his new two year deal. I haven’t seen a lot of him.
What position does he play?

franklin2323

Immortal

They have played 6 months in last 2 years.

Had to put the age groups up. Won't have anymore footy now. Very hard to pick guys for NRL in 2 years as a result

Kilkenny

Coach
They have played 6 months in last 2 years.

Had to put the age groups up. Won't have anymore footy now. Very hard to pick guys for NRL in 2 years as a result
Not ideal, but the best of the best will still rise to the top. May take a little longer, I don’t know, but the best kids will be indoctrinated into the pathways systems in place.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not ideal, but the best of the best will still rise to the top. May take a little longer, I don’t know, but the best kids will be indoctrinated into the pathways systems in place.

There is a lot of junior stars looking like NRL duds now. Mainly due to guys not getting game time.

Despite not being in 1st grade we re-signed Salmon. Never going to be a regular but atm less risk then a rookie

Latest posts