What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Also re cricket money, even the top talents take a lot longer to develop, even he’s one of the best in his age it could be years before he is into a big money position. I’m RL if all goes well he could be fielding very large offers when he’s 20-21.

Original Name

Juniors
Ryley was a nsw rep touch player with hookers build, says a lot about his talent tbh. If he sticks with us he is the type of kid that will help us get over losing burto, he looks that good.
Thought he was just a guy killing it due to his explosive athletism and aggression and thinking hopefully develop some more footy smarts as he gets older and those things fade. Playing at playing touch at junior rep level is a good sign. Can't get picked for a touch rep team if you're a meat head.

age.s

First Grade
Also re cricket money, even the top talents take a lot longer to develop, even he’s one of the best in his age it could be years before he is into a big money position. I’m RL if all goes well he could be fielding very large offers when he’s 20-21.
Cricket is a lot easier on the body though. Serious injuries are much less likely.

Original Name

Juniors
Easier on the body and, depending on the kind of guy he is, you get to travel the world and potentially represent your nation in a more meaningful way.
But it's all year round there's much less days off and time to relax compared to the NRL because nowadays everyone's playing IPL or big bash too. You're pretty much always competing or preparing to compete for the next match with a few short breaks here and there. There's no off season. Mentally I'd much prepare the NRL where it's just one comp then you relax and do whatever.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Tariq Sims situation is very interesting.

I find it astounding they are ready to let him walk while they keep the BBQ bandits under contract. From a culture stand point their club absolutely stinks.

The one saving grace is the new talent. They have a very talented crop of young players. Probably the best I've seen in a while.

Smug Panther

First Grade

I find it astounding they are ready to let him walk while they keep the BBQ bandits under contract. From a culture stand point their club absolutely stinks.

The one saving grace is the new talent. They have a very talented crop of young players. Probably the best I've seen in a while.
Some handy young players for sure. Watch Griffin the f**kwit take all the credit for them like he did with our juniors

DinkyDi

Juniors

I think they will make a play for Kiks.

TheRiff

Juniors

The 2nd paragraph is key, You often need to pay overs for young guys. Not overs as far as year 3 or 4 guys, Initially it will be overs as such players will need to go

Fangs

Coach
It's not a swap I'm keen on (Sims for Kikau). Definately not for 2022.

However we need to be prepared to find another backrower. Capewell is gone. Martin's future on the edge is under the gun. Experienced backrowers seem hard to come by right now.

TheRiff

Juniors
Some handy young players for sure. Watch Griffin the f**kwit take all the credit for them like he did with our juniors

Dragons have had quality juniors for awhile, yet coaching has hurt. If a coach gets them into the top grade and into regulars, then that too is Junior Development. There are 2 stages getting the talent ready for the top grade, Then getting those guys into regulars. Parramatta, Wests Tigers are both examples of a side who does the 1st part well but struggle in the second part.