What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sorenson is not as big as Sims. The quicker play style has brought Sorenson into the game and allowed him to really shine, before that he was a journey man. Whereas Sims has always been big and aggressive enough to be a pretty upper tier second rower.

I agree. I like how the game now is focused on footwork, step, and leg drive, rather than just being big.

One of the best examples of this is little Jayden Campbell who plays for the Titians. So many of his dad's characteristics too.

Both Scott and Jayden are footy players, rather than being a type of WWE wrestlers pretending to be footy players.

Exsilium

First Grade
Sorenson is not as big as Sims. The quicker play style has (in part) brought Sorenson into the game and allowed him to really shine, before that he was a journey man. Whereas Sims has always been big and aggressive enough to be a pretty upper tier second rower. It's a bit of a difference, between Sorenson a journeyman with an incredible work ethic but wasn't talented enough to be a regular first grader previously and Sims a guy who was a standout for NSW in the last Origin series.

Sorensen should have had much more game time with the Sharks.

He's a very good footballer and our side compliments his skill set. Perfect example of getting what you need, without breaking the bank.

Capewell is another example, another sharks rejection.

Sorensen will be huge for us in the future. I am glad he signed on.

Smug Panther

First Grade

He's a very good footballer and our side compliments his skill set. Perfect example of getting what you need, without breaking the bank.

Both good footballers but they are looking better in our system than they really are

Original Name

Juniors

Yeah that's why I said in part in brackets, that's usually not just one reason for these things. Life isn't that black and white. But my point is when you're a half and you're tackling someone would you rather tackle a tall 108kg dude who's quick for a forward or a 99kg dude who's quick forward and strong for his size. One's easier to handle than the other.

The guy I was quoting seemed to make Tariq and Sorenson to be roughly equielvent. There's a difference in physical ability. Tariq's clearly able to play at a higher ceiling. If Sorenson had that same ceiling his career would have been different. They're not like for like in ability is the point I was making.

Last edited:

TheRiff

Juniors
Sorenson is not as big as Sims. The quicker play style has (in part) brought Sorenson into the game and allowed him to really shine, before that he was a journey man. Whereas Sims has always been big and aggressive enough to be a pretty upper tier second rower. It's a bit of a difference, between Sorenson a journeyman with an incredible work ethic but wasn't talented enough to be a regular first grader previously and Sims a guy who was a standout for NSW in the last Origin series.
Sims has a few good games, Costs more than Vili does. Assuming we lose him we need a guys that is an x factor like him, well in that mould anyway

Vicpanther

Juniors
I can't be the only one that laughs at kiks being valued at 900k. He is a great player when he is on but lately that has been rare.

I would rather loose kiks and save that money for the likes of taylan, tago, sorrenson. I know they arw different positions but tago would be killer in the edge.

For me it's just to much money for inconsistency.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I can't be the only one that laughs at kiks being valued at 900k. He is a great player when he is on but lately that has been rare.

I would rather loose kiks and save that money for the likes of taylan, tago, sorrenson. I know they arw different positions but tago would be killer in the edge.

Sorrenson has re-signed for a further two years

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Clubs like Dragons, Wests Tigers will shell out that kind of money willingly. I have a belief that if he fails to stay with Penrith he may play rugby O/S for big ben big bucks.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Clubs like Dragons, Wests Tigers will shell out that kind of money willingly. I have a belief that if he fails to stay with Penrith he may play rugby O/S for big ben big bucks.
Most likley and I think it's silly. Just hope we don't.
I can just see it being another rcg situation.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There will be no silly offer to Kikau. He either stays for a fair price or leaves to chase the big bucks.

More than comfortable with this Blade.

Kiks has to work out whether the wants huge dollars at a lesser club, where the chances for finals etc may not exist. Or stay at Penrith for a lesser amount. I hope for Kiks sake he sees beyond the dollar signs.

TheRiff

Juniors
While now we look light on the edges, Who knows what is the case in 12 months. The club has nailed the recruitment and Retention so far, Api is the only must sign off those to be signed

Original Name

Juniors
There will be no silly offer to Kikau. He either stays for a fair price or leaves to chase the big bucks.
Surely that report in the DT was his manager's pumping up his tires and no other club's willing to offer him 900K-1,000K. That's just insane.