What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

martielang

Bench
Surely that report in the DT was his manager's pumping up his tires and no other club's willing to offer him 900K-1,000K. That's just insane.

Fifita has kind of set the precedent for what a quality backrower is worth. I think he'd probably get $900k from a club that wants to make a statement - Dragons, Tigers etc. I couldn't begrudge him for taking that kind of money, especially if he's won a premiership or two with us.

I'd still be doing all I can to keep him. I dont think you can replace him with Tago, way too raw imo. You'd then have to go to market and you likely have to pay $600k + to get someone nearly as good as him.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Fifita has kind of set the precedent for what a quality backrower is worth. I think he'd probably get $900k from a club that wants to make a statement - Dragons, Tigers etc. I couldn't begrudge him for taking that kind of money, especially if he's won a premiership or two with us.

I'd still be doing all I can to keep him. I dont think you can replace him with Tago, way too raw imo. You'd then have to go to market and you likely have to pay $600k + to get someone nearly as good as him.
By that time, Maverik Geyer will, hopefully, live up to his potential.

mxlegend99

Referee

Fifita is the Ben Hunt equivalent. Insane overs for an overrated inconsistent player that screws the market and cap for all clubs.

Blade23

Juniors
Surely that report in the DT was his manager's pumping up his tires and no other club's willing to offer him 900K-1,000K. That's just insane.

Martie is right the precedent has been set with Fifita.
Informal talks have taken place and his manager is not happy with our figure.
Media time!
They feed journos BS to squeeze us for more or to see what desperate club will actually stump up their figure. Or come close to it.

Original Name

Juniors
Martie is right the precedent has been set with Fifita.
Informal talks have taken place and his manager is not happy with our figure.
Media time!
They feed journos BS to squeeze us for more or to see what desperate club will actually stump up their figure. Or come close to it.
Man that's ridiculous. Dumb clubs have stuffed up the market for everyone else.

snickers007

Juniors
This is the reason I find Martin's move to Prop a bit weird.

For 2021 our second row depth is:
1. Kikau
2. Capewell
3. Martin
4. Sorenson
5. Tago

And both Sorenson and Martin are playing just as much at Prop these days. So much so that I wouldn't even consider Sorenson a second-rower anymore.

For 2022, we're losing Capewell, and Tago could well find himself in the mix for a Centre position too.
And 2023, we're potentially losing Kikau.

Who would have throught that Ivan Cleary would find himself short on Second Rowers!

With the lack of lower grade footy the last 2 years, we'll definitely be looking for some cheapies with NRL experience, and slowly bring through some of our juniors. Maybe Hopgood can shift wide? Maybe if Staines gets on the Maurice Blair diet he make a fist of it?

Smug Panther

First Grade
This is the reason I find Martin's move to Prop a bit weird.

For 2021 our second row depth is:
1. Kikau
2. Capewell
3. Martin
4. Sorenson
5. Tago

And both Sorenson and Martin are playing just as much at Prop these days. So much so that I wouldn't even consider Sorenson a second-rower anymore.

For 2022, we're losing Capewell, and Tago could well find himself in the mix for a Centre position too.
And 2023, we're potentially losing Kikau.

Who would have throught that Ivan Cleary would find himself short on Second Rowers!

With the lack of lower grade footy the last 2 years, we'll definitely be looking for some cheapies with NRL experience, and slowly bring through some of our juniors. Maybe Hopgood can shift wide? Maybe if Staines gets on the Maurice Blair diet he make a fist of it?
I clearly see Martin's future in the middle. I think it just suits his skill set better

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Leota is looking at enacting his option to extend his stay.

I will be so pleased if Moses choses to stay. With the new rules, (less wrestle) he has come into his own. I think 2021 has been his best year. He seems to break tackles (especially 1st line) almost at will, has great footwork, and works well with Fish.

murraymob

First Grade

If that’s what he’s asking for, “Bye Kiks!”

Definitely not worth anywhere near 900k a season.
The amount is a estimate of what people think.he might not get that offer.lets not forget he is on good money now and nay stay for the same

Smug Panther

First Grade
We have re-signed both SOO halves, Best prop in the game, Lock that runs our attack still need to sort out hooker. Kikau is good, not crucial to the side.
Exactly. Also have the world's best winger and Critter on overs (at this point)

martielang

Bench
I'd move Kikau a year early and see what we can get for him

Who are you going to get who’s half as effective as Kiks? There’s a real lack of quality edge back rowers in the comp at the moment. Other then the young Manly pair, there’s no one else I’d consider in place of Kiks.

No Kiks and Burton on that left hand edge next year and Luai will be swamped everytime he gets the ball.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I think we need to get a cheap solid half as a fill in for Cleary and Luai as Burton's going and T May is a shocking half.. Maybe someone like Lachlan Lewis or even Benji?

Kikau will go and Capewells gone so that leaves massive attack and hard hitting in our backrow. They really should be turning Spencer Leniu into a backrower! Some reason the bloke struggles to keep his fitness up but he runs it harder and more aggressive than Martin Lang.

If we don't win the title this year or next year I think our window will slowly close! We will be competitive but the next two years it's ours to win.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Who are you going to get who’s half as effective as Kiks? There’s a real lack of quality edge back rowers in the comp at the moment. Other then the young Manly pair, there’s no one else I’d consider in place of Kiks.

No Kiks and Burton on that left hand edge next year and Luai will be swamped everytime he gets the ball.
This is our year to win the comp, it's going to get harder and harder with our rep players now. I'd be looking to steal a few gun juniors for Kikau. This is how we stay in the top 4 long term

Latest posts