What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
Mate. Half these nrl players dont have a good account from fans.
I wouldn't say half the player in NRL have a rumour going around they once had sex with a girl who was cheating on her boyfriend and send the guy a picture of his girlfriend giving him a blow job though.

I'd emphasise that's just a rumour and I can't exactly remember the exact source comment of the guy who wrote it the first time I saw it pop up.

Girds89

Bench
I wouldn't say half the player in NRL have a rumour going around they once had sex with a girl who was cheating on her boyfriend and send the guy a picture of his girlfriend giving him a blow job though.

I'd emphasise that's just a rumour and I can't exactly remember the exact source comment of the guy who wrote it the first time I saw it pop up.
God, haha. If your making judgement off some rumour you read, you cant remember when, dont know by who or that it was even real..... Get a grip haha

Original Name

Juniors
God, haha. If your making judgement off some rumour you read, you cant remember when, dont know by who or that it was even real..... Get a grip haha
It's not basing it solely off that. When people talk about dickheads players they met he's probably in the top 5 (among current players) or so names that gets mentioned the most, I'm not saying he did it. I'm saying I've seen enough different claims about him really an asshole that it makes him doing dodgy shit believable.

Girds89

Bench
It's not basing it solely off that. When people talk about dickheads players they met he's probably in the top 5 (among current players) or so names that gets mentioned the most, I'm not saying he did it. I'm saying I've seen enough different claims about him really an asshole that it makes him doing dodgy shit believable.

Unless you know him personally or have a friend that does etc... that counts for nothing. All just hearsay.

Kilkenny

Coach
Who has won the comp on the back of a running backrower?
It isn't the $100k, It is $800k that can be used elsewhere.
Example being To'o and Martin re-signed before they were Origin reps, $800k gives both those guys a nice upgrade.
So it is overall health of the salary Cap that is important in these decisions
All good. Thankfully you aren’t involved in our recruitment and retention decisions.

Girds89

Bench
It amazes me people dont realise kiks is irreplaceble. He is the number one reason why our left is so dominant.

Not luai, not burton, not too.

Its kikau... even when hes having a rubbish game just his physical presence creates time and space for the others. Teams stack up on him and hold up the line in defence because they dont want him isolated.

Martin, tago, capewell dont even come close to having the effect kikau does on defending teams and pure and simply i dont think he is replaceble.

Sure for a mil we cant keep him.. but personally i think hes more important than api or edwards or leota and i love all of them. But i know who id be locking up first..

Api is an absolutley brilliant player but id back our attack to have enough creativity with yeo, luai, cleary from 2023.

Edwards is going to have to go elsewhere to get the money he deserves.

Leota is replaceble with sorensen or lindsay smith or leniu.

Kikau is not replaceble.

Original Name

Juniors
Unless you know him personally or have a friend that does etc... that counts for nothing. All just hearsay.
Saying 50% of players have a bad rep just isn't true. Maybe it was something like like that in the nineties but if you ask a large group of fans for experiences with footy players the vast majority of people talking about current players (currently playing not say GI and Justin Hodges) they'll say a something positive or not bad like he was a quiet kid or something. Anyone with a generally bad rep with something like that about that kinda stuff stands out from the crowd and is an exception. E.g Kotoni Staggs.

Girds89

Bench
Saying 50% of players have a bad rep just isn't true. Maybe it was something like like that in the nineties but if you ask a large group of fans for experiences with footy players the vast majority of people talking about current players (currently playing not say GI and Justin Hodges) they'll say a something positive or not bad like he was a quiet kid or something. Anyone with a generally bad rep with something like that about that kinda stuff stands out from the crowd and is an exception. E.g Kotoni Staggs.

I dont know any nrl players personally.

Im tiping you dont either.

Basing your opinion of some bloke on unsubstaintiated rumours from an unknown sources is beyond stupid.

If you did that for all nrl players 50% of them would have a bad rep which is the point i was trying to make.

For all you or I know, off the field, BJ could be the nicest bloke in the world.

Munky

Coach
Roosters? Roosters finish defending a set from the Raiders after a long time on their line. They're all exhausted but Boyd Cordener takes a one hit up and finds his front. Off the back of Latrell flick passes and that line break that Teddy scores off wins them the gf against Raiders.

Cordner for all the shit people would give him was always the first person back to take the tough hit ups.

It's a rare sight to see Kiks anywhere near the ball inside our forty.

Exsilium

First Grade
There’s not many players like Kikau and for 800k, I’d keep him.

He attracts multiple defenders in attack and without the ball. He’s down on form but we’re a very good side which makes players look “consistent” rather than stand alone superstars.

If you take the emotion out of it, we don’t have any attacking forwards. We have line running forwards but no one outside of Kikau that attracts defenders. Few teams have that kind of player. We do.

TheRiff

Juniors
All good. Thankfully you aren’t involved in our recruitment and retention decisions.

How do we sign everyone and stay in the cap? Moreso who do we have that you would get rid of? Our players are becoming elite, As such are paid more and hence the rest of the squad is on limited funds. Just a rough guess here

Cleary $1m
Luai $750k
Yeo $750k
Fish $750k
Api $500k
Martin $500k
Crichton $500k
To'o $400k

None of those I would say are over paid, infact those rumours are unders in some cases. Though those 8 players given they are 50% of the cap there are the core going forward. The rest needs to be flexible around that, This includes possibly losing playes to clubs paying overs. Especially when the guys I listed cover the key positions

Girds89

Bench
How do we sign everyone and stay in the cap? Moreso who do we have that you would get rid of? Our players are becoming elite, As such are paid more and hence the rest of the squad is on limited funds. Just a rough guess here

Cleary $1m
Luai $750k
Yeo $750k
Fish $750k
Api $500k
Martin $500k
Crichton $500k
To'o $400k

None of those I would say are over paid, infact those rumours are unders in some cases. Though those 8 players given they are 50% of the cap there are the core going forward. The rest needs to be flexible around that, This includes possibly losing playes to clubs paying overs. Especially when the guys I listed cover the key positions

Some of those figures are way off.

maple_69

Bench
Kikau over Api would be a big mistake. Bringing in a top hooker last year is a big part of what propelled us to where we are.

Kikau is an awesome presence to have, a real luxury, but more fundamental to our game plan is tight defence, ball control, line speed and a lightning ruck. Kikau isn’t core to that. We need to trust that if you take his threat out that Cleary, Luai and Crichton will continue to get more clinical and likely having a fullback that can chime in will go a long way to replacing the opportunities Kikau creates.

Id love him at $650 but more than that and I’d prefer we spend our cap elsewhere.

TheRiff

Juniors
Kikau over Api would be a big mistake. Bringing in a top hooker last year is a big part of what propelled us to where we are.

Kikau is an awesome presence to have, a real luxury, but more fundamental to our game plan is tight defence, ball control, line speed and a lightning ruck. Kikau isn’t core to that. We need to trust that if you take his threat out that Cleary, Luai and Crichton will continue to get more clinical and likely having a fullback that can chime in will go a long way to replacing the opportunities Kikau creates.

Id love him at $650 but more than that and I’d prefer we spend our cap elsewhere.

This. In a perfect world we would have Kiks stay, Salary Cap will make it near impossible. The core of the squad is great and a few tweeks, We can still dominate without Kikau. A quality hooker is a must, Unless we have a Tom Turbo or something

Smug Panther

First Grade
This. In a perfect world we would have Kiks stay, Salary Cap will make it near impossible. The core of the squad is great and a few tweeks, We can still dominate without Kikau. A quality hooker is a must, Unless we have a Tom Turbo or something
Nathan,Yeo,Api,Fish and To'o are our core, Then Luai and Critter. The cap won't allow us to keep the likes of Kikau and if we try we won't be staying in the top 4 long term

Girds89

Bench
Which one? These were the reported deals from last time they re-signed?

Theres plenty of articles about critta getting 750k a year. Or 1.7mil over 2 years. I mean people on here have complained only in the last few weeks we were going to pay a centre that much to play on the wing.

Both martin and too extended last year before origin selection.

Id think too would be on about 300k and martin maybe 400k.

The hooker debate is a tough one.

If we didnt have the best halfback in the workd and the 2nd best 5/8 in the game id agree wed need to keep api.

But kenny does a fine job and gives good clean service to his halves which is all nathan and luai need.

We arent structured like souths where a lot of their dominance comes from how effective cook is. We are purely structured around nathan and our 9 just has to get him the ball when he wants it.

Sure api has a brilliant runnung game and is more crafty than kenny but 90% of our attack comes from nath or jerome and has not much to do with whose wearing the 9.

Kenny is defensivley as good and is as fit. I think he cpuld do the role from 2022 to 23 till young ryley comes through.

Edwards would also be a tough one to keep and we could save money there given the options we have.

Leota see above. Leniu, smith, hopgood, eiso etc are all capable middles.

I love leota, edwards and api but if we have to save coin for kikau id looking at those 3.

With or without the ball kikau is probably the most dominant 2nd rower in the game and he cause all sorts of headaches which you just cant make up by putting tago or martin there. Im sorry but its just not the same and will not have the same effect.

TheRiff

Juniors
Nathan,Yeo,Api,Fish and To'o are our core, Then Luai and Critter. The cap won't allow us to keep the likes of Kikau and if we try we won't be staying in the top 4 long term

I'd class Luai in the core because you want to have class halves. There are rumours about Leota staying, If so he very likely won't getting a payrise. That will be the case, unless they are a key player than once they earn a payrise then it will be out the door

TheRiff

Juniors
Theres plenty of articles about critta getting 750k a year. Or 1.7mil over 2 years. I mean people on here have complained only in the last few weeks we were going to pay a centre that much to play on the wing.

Both martin and too extended last year before origin selection.

Id think too would be on about 300k and martin maybe 400k.

The hooker debate is a tough one.

If we didnt have the best halfback in the workd and the 2nd best 5/8 in the game id agree wed need to keep api.

But kenny does a fine job and gives good clean service to his halves which is all nathan and luai need.

We arent structured like souths where a lot of their dominance comes from how effective cook is. We are purely structured around nathan and our 9 just has to get him the ball when he wants it.

Sure api has a brilliant runnung game and is more crafty than kenny but 90% of our attack comes from nath or jerome and has not much to do with whose wearing the 9.

Kenny is defensivley as good and is as fit. I think he cpuld do the role from 2022 to 23 till young ryley comes through.

Edwards would also be a tough one to keep and we could save money there given the options we have.

Leota see above. Leniu, smith, hopgood, eiso etc are all capable middles.

I love leota, edwards and api but if we have to save coin for kikau id looking at those 3.

With or without the ball kikau is probably the most dominant 2nd rower in the game and he cause all sorts of headaches which you just cant make up by putting tago or martin there. Im sorry but its just not the same and will not have the same effect.
Either way Martin and To'o will get a raise next deal, Something that needs to get looked at when doing 3-4 year deals now.

Rumours are Leota re-signing, I doubt he would be getting a raise so as such is any easy deal.

We reached out to Kikau, He wasn't happy with the deal so atleast he is trying to be re-signed.

Edwards will go, not that he is a bad player but it is just business.

Kenny doesn't kick or run the ball, As such the top sides will eat that stuff up. A fit Yeo, Cleary and Luai will always have us pushing top 4, Finding more in the 9 or 1 is needed to keep up the top

Latest posts