What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
i was amazed by how much we missed them. Honestly feel thats what cost us the game. their energy on their hit ups puts us on the front foot. Add in dyl and we just had nothing.

Its alarming but kinda tells the story about where we are at.

Almost every injury to this team has a huge impact on our performances. Dylan Edwards is a great example. In terms of 'powerhouse' teams we are new to the club. I think we are still working out how to handle the rep season and get our best top 30 possible. The Storm/Roosters are still setting the benchmark (I used to have the Broncos on that list, Ikin is steadying the ship and they have all the resources necessary to re-join the elite teams).

One thing we are getting right is bringing new players into first grade. It has been a long time since we've had a junior perform poorly on debut. They are always ready for first grade.

TheRiff

Juniors
I'd be interested in Adam Elliott at the right price. A decent team culture might see him live up to expectation. It would have to be cheap to be worth the risk though, with a few get out clauses in our favour.

That is the sort of signings that will help us going forward

Kilkenny

Coach
Last week emphasised how good Leota is IMO. JFH got smothered out of the game and we really had no other outlet through the middle.
I think Moses Leota has had a very good season and should be coming into his best years.

I thought at the start of the season we may have been one quality front rower short in our rosters do I still believe that to be the case.

Im with you on Kikau, we simply must retain him.

Girds89

Bench
Story time about leota-

I had a mate that did work for panthers for a while.

Got to go to a few of the award nights over the years.

I remember in 2015 when ciraldo was coach of NYC. He presented the award for 20s player of the year.

We had an absolutley stacked side that year which featured current 1st grade players;
Naden
Edwards
Tmay
Luai
Oliver Clark
JFH
CHN
Kade ellis

Ciraldo gave a really really nice speech about moses. I cant remember it word for word and all the exact things he said. Moses was incredibly shocked to win it and very very shy.

Cam joked that he wasnt the most flashy player, but he talked about his work ethic and dedication and desire to be a panther. Said that moses wasnt as fortunate as some of the other boys and that he worked full time (think he said as a concreter) during the day to provide for his family. Than would turn up to training and normally be one of the first there and last to leave and always wanted to know how to improve his game.

Lets hope big moses can rip in today. We need him to lift and produce what we all know he is capable of. His not a rookie anymore and he has to take the challenge and absolutley give it to rcg and co.

I love big moses. He has a mistake or to in him but hopefully tonight he can put that all aside and really get us on the front foot and lead from the front with fish.

Girds89

Bench
Surely you are joking?

Why would he be joking.

With capewell gone. Kiks maybe going and people wanting martin to move to prop.

We will have no genuine star edge backrowers and with stuff all nsw cup and nyc over last 2 years we cant rely on juniors to much.

Tago may play 2nd row but i think he is just as much of chance of getting centre.

Losing kikau would be bad buisness by the club. They need to work out a way to make him fit in.
Even on an average day hes still one of the better backrowers in the comp and at his best no one comes close.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Why would he be joking.

We will have no genuine star edge backrowers and with stuff all nsw cup and nyc over last 2 years we cant rely on juniors to much.

Tago may play 2nd row but i think he is just as much of chance of getting centre.

Losing kikau would be bad buisness by the club. They need to work out a way to make him fit in.
Even on an average day hes still one of the better backrowers in the comp and at his best no one comes close.
I meant by the direct talking to his manager.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Why would he be joking.

Agree with most of this but Kikau isn't a must keep for me. Can stay at the right price

Vicpanther

Juniors
Story time about leota-

I had a mate that did work for panthers for a while.

Got to go to a few of the award nights over the years.

I remember in 2015 when ciraldo was coach of NYC. He presented the award for 20s player of the year.

We had an absolutley stacked side that year which featured current 1st grade players;
Naden
Edwards
Tmay
Luai
Oliver Clark
JFH
CHN
Kade ellis

Ciraldo gave a really really nice speech about moses. I cant remember it word for word and all the exact things he said. Moses was incredibly shocked to win it and very very shy.

Cam joked that he wasnt the most flashy player, but he talked about his work ethic and dedication and desire to be a panther. Said that moses wasnt as fortunate as some of the other boys and that he worked full time (think he said as a concreter) during the day to provide for his family. Than would turn up to training and normally be one of the first there and last to leave and always wanted to know how to improve his game.

Lets hope big moses can rip in today. We need him to lift and produce what we all know he is capable of. His not a rookie anymore and he has to take the challenge and absolutley give it to rcg and co.

I love big moses. He has a mistake or to in him but hopefully tonight he can put that all aside and really get us on the front foot and lead from the front with fish.
he is very quickly becoming my favourite player. seems so humble and genuine and goes hard.

soc123_au

Staff member
People are gonna love this, but I’m having a chat to Mattersons manager. With Capewell gone and potentially Kiks, we need an established edge back rower to come in.
I rate Matterson, he is a bloody good player. But judging from his previous contract negotiations he rates himself higher than most. I cant imagine him providing better value than Kikau at similar money.

martielang

Bench
I rate Matterson, he is a bloody good player. But judging from his previous contract negotiations he rates himself higher than most. I cant imagine him providing better value than Kikau at similar money.

I agree with that. I’d try and keep Kiks but if he does go, I’m in for Matterson. Surely he’d be circa $600k as opposed to $800k+.

Latest posts