What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

ACTPanthers

Bench
May has his utility value for the side sure, but you can't deny being best mates with his son has surely made his tenure here somewhat inevitable...

martielang

Bench
May seems to be the best left to right passer in the team.

Hopefully we can use it at some point.

Remember when he used to come on and we used to play him as a sort of quasi-fullback in sweep plays. Worked a treat and allowed Edwards to be more of a runner. We looked dangerous inside the oppositions 20 every time we had the ball.

Then we got to finals last year and we completely culled that play for absolutely no reason.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Apparently Scott Campbell one of your S&C guys is joining Fitz at the Sharks. Think they were together at the Roosters.

He's obv not your main guy I don't think.

Hooked

Juniors
Fletcher said we have 26 contracted for next year. Lazy jouno counts 23 with maybe another 2.
A story with no qoutes. Just speculation on who is outside the 17. They must want out because they are not playing :p. A bit of shit stirring going on.
Must be a slow news day.

My thoughts too. No quotes = no substance.
If the rumours keep coming up then we know something is up. Until then I will ignore it.
Pretty poor 48 hours out from a big match to have a story like this. Though to be fair usual scummy practice from the media.

Munky

Coach
Remember when he used to come on and we used to play him as a sort of quasi-fullback in sweep plays. Worked a treat and allowed Edwards to be more of a runner. We looked dangerous inside the oppositions 20 every time we had the ball.

Then we got to finals last year and we completely culled that play for absolutely no reason.

We cull everything near the finals.

Five hit ups and a bomb. Playing not to lose.

TheRiff

Juniors
May has his utility value for the side sure, but you can't deny being best mates with his son has surely made his tenure here somewhat inevitable...

Mansour was close to Nathan too, Once someone better came he was shafted. Salmon was re-signed on no gametime at all, safe signings given lower grades scrapped

The Realist

Juniors

No we tried it in the finals. I can't quite recall but I thought he may have thrown a pass for a try against the Bunnies in the Preliminary. Nope went through the Highlights and that didn't happen. May have thrown one that was close to a LB or try?

He also did inject himself at fullback against the Storm but it didn't work. In one of the Plays Edwards was playing centre and May had him hitting a half gap - but Dyl didn't draw and pass like he should have.

I wish I had access to the full replay so I could time stamp a replay for you.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach

Having a 6/7/9 fire and May filling in on the right was one reason why the team was damn good in 2021. Covered up for what Edwards is missing. May is also very useful on short kick chases, he has a good connection with the halves.

Having a 6/7/9 fire and May filling in on the right was one reason why the team was damn good in 2021. Covered up for what Edwards is missing. May is also very useful on short kick chases, he has a good connection with the halves.

I honestly don’t find that at all. To me he clogs the attack, too many cooks. He’s put on some good passes for sure, but overall I find it gets clunky when he’s involved in attack.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Too early to give up on Staines, way too early.
Eh, he has no step, no swerve, no ability to beat anyone except by running around them once in a blue moon. Anyone who thinks he’s suddenly turning into Papenhuyzen is kidding themselves. Hell, compare his footwork and movement to Jayden Campbell - that kid is slight but has something to work with.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Eh, he has no step, no swerve, no ability to beat anyone except by running around them once in a blue moon. Anyone who thinks he’s suddenly turning into Papenhuyzen is kidding themselves. Hell, compare his footwork and movement to Jayden Campbell - that kid is slight but has something to work with.
i watched the highlights of the tigers game where they won. the try where we kicked and one of their players picked the ball up and ran the full length to score stains was struggling to keep pace.
I know he is decent and that he has good speed onto a ball in open but he couldn't even catch a run away centre. Im not giving up on him i just dont see him as great as what he was putout to be.

Big Mick

Referee
Kikau is our most destructive forward. Not perfect, but basically without equal. No one else in our current lineup can offer what he does.

He's also our laziest forward. He's great against shit teams. But he's shit against great teams.

Let's be real here.

In the Grand Final - he lost us that game. 5 errors and literally cost us that game.

Ivan has been forced to literally use him off the bench to even get any sort of impact out of him against tired defenders, and even then, he's only had 2-3 good games - such has been his lack of output. He's been pathetic this year vs his potential. If he had the heart and work ethic of say a Dylan Edwards he'd be unstoppable - but he doesn't.

And that move of Kikau on the bench has basically screwed Martin - who was great off the bench and literally turned 3-4 games coming off the bench and the energy he provided. Now he seems tired and knackered. It's ruined the balance of the team - because of the accommodation of a lazy player.

I'd give my left nut to have TPJ next year instead of Kikau - but can't always get what we want.

EDIT: I hope this comes back to bite me in the ass tomorrow and *Fingers crossed* next week. But I doubt it. Very rarely does Kikau have blinders against good teams 2 weeks in a row. But I'll take a blinder against Melbourne to help us tomorrow.

ps. I've had a few Bourbons and have no filter atm.

Last edited:

Crashtest

Juniors
Why would that have any bearing on resigning May though?

Nathan is locked in long term, so it’s not like he is going to spit the dummy and leave if we don’t sign his friend, and he does not seem the sort of person that would do that anyway.

Latest posts