What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Do you think he’s better than Tago or Hopgood? I certainly don’t.
We don’t need to take the risk.

With the lack of 2nd tier footy over the last 2 years. Who can say. Tago in particular was a prop up until this season so no guarantee Centre is even his spot let alone he could do it regularly.

Canberra signed Scott for $600k. He is now looking for minimum wage at $120k it is low risk high reward signing. At that price he can sit in NSW Cup all year should others perform better

Iamback

Coach
I remember life before Api and it was a team that was competitive but not a real contender for the title. Granted Luai and Cleary have improved significantly but I think he is a key ingredient.

Once again we have to see our other options in reserve grade. So blind at the moment.

This is truth

Iamback

Coach
Why is it either or? Personally I see Tago as a centre in the short term anyway. We'll need plenty of depth in the pack across the season and I think we'll need a signing from somewhere. Its all down to the price ofc.

Its more a response to the comments about him being a pos. Not the cleanest skin in the world but he's hardly an animal.

We are very light on in edge players especially. The club would crazy to rule out x player for such lame reasons especially when May has a deal mainly due to being cheap like the above guys

Isaac A

Juniors
Api is a vital ingredient for us.

if we need some Scott Sorensen type bargain buys I’d be looking at couple guys like Billy Magoulias,Tom Amone,Sam McIntyre,Zac Cini & Watson Heleta.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
With the lack of 2nd tier footy over the last 2 years. Who can say. Tago in particular was a prop up until this season so no guarantee Centre is even his spot let alone he could do it regularly.

Canberra signed Scott for $600k. He is now looking for minimum wage at $120k it is low risk high reward signing. At that price he can sit in NSW Cup all year should others perform better

Wait, now we are talking about Curtis Scott? I thought we were talking about Adam Elliot?!?

Either way, I think they are both needless signings. They are both shit clubman with playing ability no better than players we already have.
I’d hate to see any of our top 30 leave in order to accommodate either of these pelicans.

snickers007

Juniors
W/T Garner was told to look elsewhere, any thoughts?

We've lost Capewell; Martin is flirting with a middle role; and Kikau may be squeezed out yet. Garner could potentially bridge the gap for us on a 1 or 2 year deal, until we can assess our junior stocks.

I'd be happy to take a punt, especially if Tigers can chip in.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'd take Curtis Scott on a train and trial deal. If he hasn't woken up to himself then just slot him. On minimum wage their is plenty of upside if he decides he wants to knuckle down and save his career.

soc123_au

Staff member
We've lost Capewell; Martin is flirting with a middle role; and Kikau may be squeezed out yet. Garner could potentially bridge the gap for us on a 1 or 2 year deal, until we can assess our junior stocks.

I'd be happy to take a punt, especially if Tigers can chip in.
Everytime I think of Garner all I recall is him getting destroyed by us when he played in the centres a few years ago. He was terrible.

Latest posts