What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
Personally, I think the time is right to move on from Tyrone May. Nothing to do with the sex tape issue, most recent breach notice, I just think while a good utility player, it is probably the right time for him and the club to part company. We need cap space, Tyrone needs more game time and could most likely earn more money at say the Dolphins.

murraymob

First Grade
He has been stood down .unless there is more to it that just the Instagram post I don’t see other than a fine and a dressing down he will be okay for next year .May just needs to think about what he is posting and how it can twist against him .can not see him being punted

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He has been stood down .unless there is more to it that just the Instagram post I don’t see other than a fine and a dressing down he will be okay for next year .May just needs to think about what he is posting and how it can twist against him .can not see him being punted

I don't think for tyrone social media and his personality are NOT a good mix.

I hope for his sake, he can knuckle down, keep his head low, continue to stay off social media and play for Penrith.

I do believe at times May is blamed for societal ills by the general public. Sure he did the wrong thing, a horrible thing. Hopefully he can (for his sake) move past this play some good footy and contribute in a positive way to society.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

That is it. The board would want to get his side of it

Kilkenny

Coach
He is a decent depth centre. As it is we have only 2 centres at the club
Momo should be considered your 3rd or 4th option.

He did a great job, but going forward we probably need a better option for first choice starting centre.

If he can get more money, longer deal elsewhere, good luck to him.

Blade23

Juniors
I’m very surprised Leota and Edwards would be ahead of Apisai in the pecking order.
The club put negotiations on hold with him after what happened in Origin camp. Time for him to get his head right, and focus on the finals.
Since then other deals have been done. As Whino said easier deals.
Leota wasn't going anywhere and neither is Edwards.
Kikau is a priority.
Now November 1 is coming up, and a new club added, his manager all of a sudden is showing an urgent need to get a deal done.

Kilkenny

Coach
The club put negotiations on hold with him after what happened in Origin camp. Time for him to get his head right, and focus on the finals.
Since then other deals have been done. As Whino said easier deals.
Leota wasn't going anywhere and neither is Edwards.
Kikau is a priority.
Now November 1 is coming up, and a new club added, his manager all of a sudden is showing an urgent need to get a deal done.
And rightly so.

His actions were brain dead.

Its all fine carrying on about Tyrone May, equally brain dead, but where is the fine line drawn.

Tyrone as a single man had consensual sex, chose to film it, not so bright given his partner was not aware of such activities while on the other hand Api Koroisau had sex with a partner who wasn't the mother of his children, staged, thought out, planned and yet because he is considered more crucial to our on field success all seems to be forgiven. The hypocrisy is rather breathtaking really.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Filming someone in a sexual act without consent is most definitely on another level than cheating on your wife - Both are undeniably wrong, but one is most definitely worse than the other.

Hooked

Juniors
I didn’t think Tyrone May would be sacked by the club (not re-signed), but after todays announcement the chances have gone up.

I doubt it. He can do no wrong. He will get a fine and maybe a suspension.
In all seriousness I thought his form this year was poor. Last year he added a bit of creativity off the bench. This year not as much.
I thought he was the worst performing player out of both teams on GF day.
14 next year should be someone the club is looking to ease into 1st grade. If Api goes maybe Blood Hands later next year?

Iamback

Coach
Momo should be considered your 3rd or 4th option.

He did a great job, but going forward we probably need a better option for first choice starting centre.

If he can get more money, longer deal elsewhere, good luck to him.

I won't disagree but as it stands we are very skinny in edge players.

If Martin or Kiks goes down. Who is next up?

If Crichton or Momo goes down. Who is next up?

Tago is really the only option for both.

Certainly wouldn't race to re-sign him but the article implied an early release. Which given the squad situation seems dumb

Kilkenny

Coach
Filming someone in a sexual act without consent is most definitely on another level than cheating on your wife - Both are undeniably wrong, but one is most definitely worse than the other.
Which position are you in your post doesn’t make it entirely clear.

I mean I know what the stance of your wife would be.

Iamback

Coach
In all seriousness I thought his form this year was poor. Last year he added a bit of creativity off the bench. This year not as much.
14 next year should be someone the club is looking to ease into 1st grade. If Api goes maybe Blood Hands later next year?

different role this year and on cheap money. Compare him to the other real 14 in the comp in Walker and it is very close. Walker on double the deal too

As for being sacked. New deal is agreed too but not finalised no sacking needed. Though likely nothing comes from it given Ivan's comments

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Brendan Hands is not NRL standard.

And rightly so.

His actions were brain dead.

Its all fine carrying on about Tyrone May, equally brain dead, but where is the fine line drawn.

Tyrone as a single man had consensual sex, chose to film it, not so bright given his partner was not aware of such activities while on the other hand Api Koroisau had sex with a partner who wasn't the mother of his children, staged, thought out, planned and yet because he is considered more crucial to our on field success all seems to be forgiven. The hypocrisy is rather breathtaking really.

Don’t think there’s any hypocrisy. Tyrone May broke the law, was convicted and sentenced. Apisai had a consensual sexual encounter that’s none of my or anyone else‘s business outside of his family. (And perhaps the NSWRL’s) - Point is people aren’t judging May for the sex, they’re judging him for breaking the law.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
TMay is so frustrating, I'm sick of sticking up for him to be honest. He had a poor year (it was injury effected) and then carries on like a goose after the GF.

I'm off him, he really needs to completely ditch all social media and totally knuckle down. Get his body right and hopefully reach his potential.

To be honest, I wouldn't care if they sacked him.