What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

murraymob

First Grade
Don’t think there’s any hypocrisy. Tyrone May broke the law, was convicted and sentenced. Apisai had a consensual sexual encounter that’s none of my or anyone else‘s business outside of his family. (And perhaps the NSWRL’s) - Point is people aren’t judging May for the sex, they’re judging him for breaking the law.
Api also broke the covid bubble around the team.that is where the major problem is

Kilkenny

Coach
Don’t think there’s any hypocrisy. Tyrone May broke the law, was convicted and sentenced. Apisai had a consensual sexual encounter that’s none of my or anyone else‘s business outside of his family. (And perhaps the NSWRL’s) - Point is people aren’t judging May for the sex, they’re judging him for breaking the law.
Maybe tell that to his wife and see how you go.

I doubt it. He can do no wrong.
And in this case, he did do no wrong. I get that a number of years ago he did something horrible, and was tried in a court of law for it.

But quoting some song lyrics and posting a few photos is perfectly legally. And it was very cryptic. Now I, like others, think an element of the post was a reference to his court case, but does anyone really know who he was referring too when he talks about the people throwing mud; maybe it was aimed at all us keyboard warriors?

Even if it was aimed at the poor young lady involved, that is something only May would know because the post was so cryptic. But even in he was that crass, are we really going down the route of fining, suspending and potentially firing people for talking about how they feel in a legal manner? To me, charging someone for bringing the game into disrepute is just a synonym for ‘pandering to the worst elements of sports journalism and punters with an axe to grind on forums like this’.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wait... Paul Momirovski could be gone? I swear we said he had a lifetime contract here as long as he wanted. We seemed happy after grand final for everyone involved to get that offer though.

I don't rate him as a top 17 right centre. But I would prefer we hung onto him and saw if he can kill it on the left. Solid defensive centre and can do a job on the wing at worst. I also think if we shift him to the left he might start passing and be more of a complete centre than he is on the right.

Kinda hoped we would get to see that. If he's gone though we've got no choice but to throw Tago in the centres I guess. Who's our depth after him? Losing both grand final centres would be crazy.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
And in this case, he did do no wrong. I get that a number of years ago he did something horrible, and was tried in a court of law for it.

But quoting some song lyrics and posting a few photos is perfectly legally. And it was very cryptic. Now I, like others, think an element of the post was a reference to his court case, but does anyone really know who he was referring too when he talks about the people throwing mud; maybe it was aimed at all us keyboard warriors?

Even if it was aimed at the poor young lady involved, that is something only May would know because the post was so cryptic. But even in he was that crass, are we really going down the route of fining, suspending and potentially firing people for talking about how they feel in a legal manner? To me, charging someone for bringing the game into disrepute is just a synonym for ‘pandering to the worst elements of sports journalism and punters with an axe to grind on forums like this’.

Very well said Cold Wet Panther. (CWP) My question relates to how long do you punish someone or something for.....ever and ever. Or do you support, encourage, discipline, fine, etc when needed.

I saw that social media post about how far his journey has come from court case to a premiers ring.

I can only imagine the bile, hate, and abuse he continues to get on a daily basis. Yes it was self inflicted. Will folks be only happy when May sucumbs to all of this. Or will we then collectively wring our hands and say we should have done better.

Yep May broke the law, faced justice. Surely it's time now to let things be.

I hope for May's sake he is kept on with some strict conditions like no social media.

Cause I so fear for his long term future.

Very well said Cold Wet Panther. (CWP) My question relates to how long do you punish someone or something for.....ever and ever. Or do you support, encourage, discipline, fine, etc when needed.

I saw that social media post about how far his journey has come from court case to a premiers ring.

I can only imagine the bile, hate, and abuse he continues to get on a daily basis. Yes it was self inflicted. Will folks be only happy when May sucumbs to all of this. Or will we then collectively wring our hands and say we should have done better.

Yep May broke the law, faced justice. Surely it's time now to let things be.

I hope for May's sake he is kept on with some strict conditions like no social media.

Cause I so fear for his long term future.

Tyrone May is without a contract for next season. Put it another way, why should we re-sign him? He’s unrepentant, he’s attracting negative publicity for the club and he’s a pretty average player. The only thing he has going for him is he’d be cheap.

I just can’t see how there’s a case for him getting another contract.

We don’t need to fire him, he hasn’t got a contract. That’s the beauty of it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Tyrone May is without a contract for next season. Put it another way, why should we re-sign him? He’s unrepentant, he’s attracting negative publicity for the club and he’s a pretty average player. The only thing he has going for him is he’d be cheap.

I just can’t see how there’s a case for him getting another contract.

I thought he had re-signed earlier in the year for one year.