What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
This is truth
First grade is a bit light on decent hookers mate. We can't just pick up someone as good as Api from reggies. Kenny's fine as a back up but we should just retain Api and let go someone less important like Staines.
W/T Garner was told to look elsewhere, any thoughts?
I like him. I think he'd be good outside Cleary more so than Jarome.
And rightly so.

His actions were brain dead.

Its all fine carrying on about Tyrone May, equally brain dead, but where is the fine line drawn.

Tyrone as a single man had consensual sex, chose to film it, not so bright given his partner was not aware of such activities while on the other hand Api Koroisau had sex with a partner who wasn't the mother of his children, staged, thought out, planned and yet because he is considered more crucial to our on field success all seems to be forgiven. The hypocrisy is rather breathtaking really.
It's the lack of remorse that people take issue with not the action. May tries to paint himself as a victim which is a trait people dislike in perpetrators.

Last edited:

DinkyDi

Juniors
First grade is a bit light on decent hookers mate. We can't just pick up someone as good as Api from reggies. Kenny's fine as a back up but we should just retain Api and let go someone less important like Staines.

I like him. I think he'd be good outside Cleary more so than Jarome.

It's the lack of remorse that people take issue with not the action. May tries to paint himself as a victim which is a trait people dislike in perpetrators.
With some work on his strength, in particular he leg strength, Staines will become a awesome player.

mxlegend99

Referee
If a team wants Momirovski for 2022. We should play hard ball and only release him if we get a player in return that improves our top 30. I think we've learned this though.

On his current wage there's just no reason for us to release him. Like Laurie it only made sense when we got a player that improved our depth.

mxlegend99

Referee
Exactly. The action was horrible also. But he did it and we can't change that. He got his second chance... Whether he deserved it or not is debatable.

The issue here though is his insensitivity in how it effects the victim of his crime, the lack of remorse for what he did and worse yet his post comes across as him being a victim throwing our premiership in his haters faces. It's just horrible publicity for the club and unlike all the other stuff the media tried blowing up, this one is legit bad.

Some are trying to defend his actions and claim it's something else. I cant help but feel that's Panthers bias pure and simple. But using an image from court and his choice of words definitely paints a picture which isn't pretty and he brought this on himself. Its just a terrible look for our club.

Iamback

Coach
Exactly. The action was horrible also. But he did it and we can't change that. He got his second chance... Whether he deserved it or not is debatable.

The issue here though is his insensitivity in how it effects the victim of his crime, the lack of remorse for what he did and worse yet his post comes across as him being a victim throwing our premiership in his haters faces. It's just horrible publicity for the club and unlike all the other stuff the media tried blowing up, this one is legit bad.

Some are trying to defend his actions and claim it's something else. I cant help but feel that's Panthers bias pure and simple. But using an image from court and his choice of words definitely paints a picture which isn't pretty and he brought this on himself. Its just a terrible look for our club.

Got nothing to do with Panthers bias

I just wait for the facts. Josh Reynolds, JDB, I noticed Sam Burgess got off his charges. All of who the judges on Social media had guilty.

After the Board meeting should come a statement from the club but also May. That will say the full story not cherry picking 1 of 4 photos. Unlike Folau's rant or other stupid posts it isn't clear cut

The good thing should be he will get banned from social media which is good thing

I just wait for the facts. Josh Reynolds, JDB, I noticed Sam Burgess got off his charges. All of who the judges on Social media had guilty.

After the Board meeting should come a statement from the club but also May. That will say the full story not cherry picking 1 of 4 photos. Unlike Folau's rant or other stupid posts it isn't clear cut

The good thing should be he will get banned from social media which is good thing

This isn’t a criminal trial, and the facts are he’s been found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

The Panthers board isn’t going to dispute the NRL’s findings. For the purposes of judgement, the facts are in. If May wants to dispute them he’ll have to appeal to the NRL himself.

Last edited:
Maybe there’s some confusion, but the Panthers board aren’t going to re-examine the situation. They’ve already accepted the NRL’s findings. What the board is going to do is to decide if May will remain at the club, and if he is to remain under what circumstances. Such as any restrictions or further fines etc.

Only May himself can dispute the NRL’s findings at this point.

The post might’ve had more than one meaning, but one of those meanings was definitely about the court case. That’s why he’d choose that photo.
My initial thoughts were around Ivan being part of those pictures, about how he supported him.

Maybe I am naive, but I initially thought the post was a tribute to the Cleary family, what they have done for May and how they have proved all their haters wrong. But the first photo doesn’t necessarily fit with that.

So I don’t really know what the post is supposed to mean!!

This isn’t a criminal trial, and the facts are he’s been found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

The Panthers board isn’t going to dispute the NRL’s findings. For the purposes of judgement, the facts are in. If May wants to dispute them he’ll have to appeal to the NRL himself.
Just to be clear, he has been served a breach notice.

mxlegend99

Referee

I guess Tyrone May isn't guilty of the crime he pleaded guilty for then. Which I guess makes his post justified as he is the true victim.

That post was clear cut. A picture is worth a thousand words. if you cant see the meaning behind those words linked to that picture.... well it takes a special kind of bias to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Really need to stretch your imagination for it to fit anything else too.

But sure. Jump to the defence of a bloke who has brought nothing but shame to this club and chose to make our grand final win about himself. You might be happy for our club to be associated with him and his dumb shit. I am not. He's the one player the haters truly have reason to hate. There's no defending his actions.

Well you're trying to. So I guess there is. But I don't accept them. Our club should be better than that. Being mates with Nathan shouldn't be a free pass to bring shame on the club.

My initial thoughts were around Ivan being part of those pictures, about how he supported him.

Maybe I am naive, but I initially thought the post was a tribute to the Cleary family, what they have done for May and how they have proved all their haters wrong. But the first photo doesn’t necessarily fit with that.

So I don’t really know what the post is supposed to mean!!

He’d have a heap of photos with Ivan, could’ve chosen any one of them.