What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Could have. But we all know our true friends are those that are there when we need them the most. Self inflicted for sure, but a terrible day for May and Ivan and the Cleary family stood there with him, shoulder to shoulder, on that day.

It’s not the photo in isolation, its the photo and the words acting together which clearly reference people “throwing mud” because of his guilty verdict.

The breach notice is a verdict. The reply is an appeal. Ie. if he doesn’t reply the breach notice stands.

Where as a charge needs to be proven, a breach notice is already considered so.

Iamback

Coach
I guess Tyrone May isn't guilty of the crime he pleaded guilty for then. Which I guess makes his post justified as he is the true victim.

That post was clear cut. A picture is worth a thousand words. if you cant see the meaning behind those words linked to that picture.... well it takes a special kind of bias to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Really need to stretch your imagination for it to fit anything else too.

But sure. Jump to the defence of a bloke who has brought nothing but shame to this club and chose to make our grand final win about himself. You might be happy for our club to be associated with him and his dumb shit. I am not. He's the one player the haters truly have reason to hate. There's no defending his actions.

Well you're trying to. So I guess there is. But I don't accept them. Our club should be better than that. Being mates with Nathan shouldn't be a free pass to bring shame on the club.
Your 1st sentence sums it up. He pled guilty how can he then play the victim?

He can on the otherhand be thankiful to the support he got from the club and
Posted it on his socials

No one is doubting the charge. It is was horrible and rightfully dealt with in court but it was almost 4 years ago.

So before I say no remorse he hasn't learn't. I want to see the post was entirely about the court case

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

A fascinating read. Sounds like the powers that be at Penrith aren't too pleased with what has occured.

Webster is perhaps one of the best writers currently in the whole of the NRL. He mostly attempts to write in a balanced manner.

It appears that the suits are Penrith are perhaps playing 'lip service' to the carryon from NRL headquarters.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Posted it on his socials

No one is doubting the charge. It is was horrible and rightfully dealt with in court but it was almost 4 years ago.

So before I say no remorse he hasn't learn't. I want to see the post was entirely about the court case

I've said this before, (I don't expect many to agree with me either 🤣)
What May wrote was put in a clumsy manner, and that hasn't helped his case either.

This showing of remorse. Does it mean if you parrot the words given to you, without actually beliving it , is that showing remorse ?

I notice that May a couple of days ago was training with the kids at Mt Druitt FTA. Is that showing remorse through his actions ?

This whole concept of 'showing remorse' can be manipulated so very easily.

Posted it on his socials

People plead guilty to get things over with, doesn’t mean they agree with it.

Blade23

Juniors
Losing Leniu would be criminally bad on our part. As he matures, he is going to be a much better prop than Leota. I can't believe we would even be considering this in such a matter of fact manner.

He wants more minutes. Which I fully agree with. I should clarify he is not looking to get out of his contract. The club is not shopping him around.
They want to keep him, but sometimes when the wolves circle (knowing you have cap problems) Someone like him is a big target.
A rising player (underutilised) that can be quickly moved on with no freight paid by the existing club.
Momirovski seeking a significant upgrade changes things. Slightly.
If Api is retained, how much extra will have a bearing on who stays and what we can bring in.

The_Frog

First Grade
The Panthers board isn’t going to dispute the NRL’s findings. For the purposes of judgement, the facts are in. If May wants to dispute them he’ll have to appeal to the NRL himself.
If the consequences are no more than a $7.5k fine, I'm sure he won't bother. That would be appropriate merely for the foolishness of it, regardless of the intent.

Bob

Juniors
He wants more minutes. Which I fully agree with. I should clarify he is not looking to get out of his contract. The club is not shopping him around.
They want to keep him, but sometimes when the wolves circle (knowing you have cap problems) Someone like him is a big target.
A rising player (underutilised) that can be quickly moved on with no freight paid by the existing club.
If Api is retained, how much extra will have a bearing on who stays and what we can bring in.
He deserves more minutes, I for one hope we keep him, I love the way he can bend the line, he has a very quick play the ball

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He deserves more minutes, I for one hope we keep him, I love the way he can bend the line, he has a very quick play the ball

Something is going to give. We can't afford them all. If Kiks, Edwards and Api all stay. Fairly sure we will lose Mom, and possibly Spencer.

mxlegend99

Referee
Something is going to give. We can't afford them all. If Kiks, Edwards and Api all stay. Fairly sure we will lose Mom, and possibly Spencer.
If we could keep everyone and only lose Momirovski who only has one year left anyway that would be a true miracle to be honest. I would prioritise Leniu over Kikau personally. The money Kikau is having thrown at him we might be better off just letting him go and keeping everyone else. We don't really have an exact replacement. But second rowers are not something we have struggled to find over the years.

Thank god we got the premiership this year. If our window was going to be effected after our 2020 season, we absolutely needed to cash in this year just so if we lose guys it wasn't for nothing. It kinda sucked that just making the grand final made everyones value sky rocket before we actually won a comp.

maple_69

Bench
Momo turned out to be a guy that didn’t let us down and he’ll always have his place because of that. We need to find improvement in our top 17 somewhere though because we won’t be as hungry and teams will come for us. Upping his pay in favour of keeping our hooker is exactly how we’ll sink back in to mediocrity.

Maybe we go into 22 thin on edge forwards and centres but if our middle and spine is the best in the world, guys like Tago, May, Staines, Jenkins, Turuva, Rennings & Hopgood will have the best possible chance to fill those roles competently and even improving this side. Erode the foundation of our game and our edges will get blown apart like every other side regardless of who we put there.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Momo turned out to be a guy that didn’t let us down and he’ll always have his place because of that. We need to find improvement in our top 17 somewhere though because we won’t be as hungry and teams will come for us. Upping his pay in favour of keeping our hooker is exactly how we’ll sink back in to mediocrity.

Maybe we go into 22 thin on edge forwards and centres but if our middle and spine is the best in the world, guys like Tago, May, Staines, Jenkins, Turuva, Rennings & Hopgood will have the best possible chance to fill those roles competently and even improving this side. Erode the foundation of our game and our edges will get blown apart like every other side regardless of who we put there.

In my humble opinion Api is far more important to keep rather than Mom. Mom was brought from a special bin outside the shop that sells rugby league players. I'm sure there will be others to find just as good within a stable team environment.

Love to be able to keep Spencer too. I see him as more important that Kiks. Although I'd love him to stay.
Maybe he loves us enough to stay for unders, we can only hope. Hopefully Edwards will also be re-signed. Like an old reliable car he motors along doing what is needed without a lot of fuss.

Original Name

Juniors
With some work on his strength, in particular he leg strength, Staines will become a awesome player.
I think Staines would be cool now at fullback instead of the of the 3rd and 4th props that modern wingers are but the thing is it's when players bulk up a lot in general that they start having more injury problems. Dunno how much he can bulk up before his hammies become a real concern. I don't doubt that's he got enough in him to bring something to the table. I'd like him as second choice fb to keep Crichton at centre.

Fullback is different to hooker. Rugby League is producing fullbacks out the wazzo. Same for second rowers. We can find someone who can do a job at second row. That's all they need to do with Cleary making the guys outside him look better than they but doing all the work and putting them over untouched. A hooker of Api's quality is different, he's an incredibly smart, tough footballer. Combined with his experience and natural talent it's something that can't be replaced within our budget. Api and B Smith are the best hookers in the world atm. For me both are better than Cook. Maybe we've already got another future quality first grade fullback in Turuva. It wouldn't take long to pick out a young kid at fb with enough flash to arguably overshadow Edwards' strengths somewhere coming through the grades if he spends a few years ironing himself out in reggies.
Like Momo better than some on here but a significant upgrade is too much for our position. If that's what he's absolutely set his heart on the we should let him walk and upgrade Jenkins to a top 30 contract.

Last edited: