What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Pomoz

Bench
He wants more minutes. Which I fully agree with. I should clarify he is not looking to get out of his contract. The club is not shopping him around.
They want to keep him, but sometimes when the wolves circle (knowing you have cap problems) Someone like him is a big target.
A rising player (underutilised) that can be quickly moved on with no freight paid by the existing club.
Momirovski seeking a significant upgrade changes things. Slightly.
If Api is retained, how much extra will have a bearing on who stays and what we can bring in.
Thanks for the clarification. I can see why he would want more minutes, I don't understand why he wasn't given more time last season. We certainly needed him as our injury crisis unfolded.

I'm sure Ivan is not trying to burn him out, because it is such a tough position to play. Hopefully this year we will see him unleashed and given a chance to show what he can do.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Thanks for the clarification. I can see why he would want more minutes, I don't understand why he wasn't given more time last season. We certainly needed him as our injury crisis unfolded.

I'm sure Ivan is not trying to burn him out, because it is such a tough position to play. Hopefully this year we will see him unleashed and given a chance to show what he can do.
Which player?

mxlegend99

Referee
=

Hopefully that is what they do. Just like we did with Burton for this year
Burton and Laurie suggest to me we're done making players lives easier just letting guys go and are looking at what works for the club.

Mansour. Whare etc. Released as they free up cap space.

Burton hung on to because it's impossible to find a better player to cover centre and halves on a cobtract so small.

Laurie we only released when we got a player that better suited our top 30 requirements.

I would imagine with no financial incentive to release Momirovski the only way it happens is if we fill the spot with someone who better suits our needs.

If Momirovski got a deal at the Roosters for 300k+, suggests he was probably on around 200k with us if he wanted to move for more money. Now the minimum salary is 130k, so at best we’re saving 70-100k on the cap?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If Momirovski got a deal at the Roosters for 300k+, suggests he was probably on around 200k with us if he wanted to move for more money. Now the minimum salary is 130k, so at best we’re saving 70-100k on the cap?

Very little bit helps. Obviously couldn't afford to upgrade him to where he wanted to be either.

in 2022 he was going to be on 200,000 so 100,000 saving at least.

Sad to see him go.

A good deal for Penrith

He was a very good bargain buy for Penrith. Now back to that bin outside the store, the one that holds players wanting a chance.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I dont understand letting him leave early with nothing in return. Goes against our decisions earlier this year.

Congratulations to him on a 3year deal and nice pay rise. But i wish we had held out for something in return.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I dont understand letting him leave early with nothing in return. Goes against our decisions earlier this year.

Congratulations to him on a 3year deal and nice pay rise. But i wish we had held out for something in return.

Obviously the suits believe Mom is easily replaceable. Also means an extra 200,00 in our cap for 2022 to help re-sign Api, Dyl and Kiks too. $2000, isn't exactly nothing.

mxlegend99

Referee
Obviously the suits believe Mom is easily replaceable. Also means an extra 200,00 in our cap for 2022 to help re-sign Api, Dyl and Kiks too. $2000, isn't exactly nothing.
We dont have an extra $200k. We have to replace him so assuming he is actually on $200k and we replace him with a minimum wage player it's $70k extra.

Every player that leaves must be replaced so you're not freeing up the full salary. Not sure how Momirovski scored $200k from us when we traded Laurie for him.

He's replaceable. But we had a player other teams wanted. We should have stood our ground as we did with Burton and Laurie and held out for something that makes our side better

murraymob

Coach
We have huge hole to fill both centers a back rower from the 17 add Naden who untill he stuffed up was our center. To hope the kids we have can rise having no footy for 2 years is a tough ask .And there may be more leaving

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We have huge hole to fill both centers a back rower from the 17 add Naden who untill he stuffed up was our center. To hope the kids we have can rise having no footy for 2 years is a tough ask .And there may be more leaving

There is a chance of getting a couple from tha special bargain bin from outside the footy shop where the footy players live.

Mom was one, Scotty S also.

Latest posts