What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench
That was quick! Interestingly done before new contracts start on Nov 1.
I think the club is penny pinching.
I remember Blade's comment when TPJ came. His $80-120k contract stopped us from front loading contracts for next year. A chance it would cost us a player.

I think Momirovski going will contribute to us re-signing the trio. Momirovski's place taken by a junior.

murraymob

First Grade
There is a chance of getting a couple from tha special bargain bin from outside the footy shop where the footy players live.

Mom was one, Scotty S also.
You don’t win competitions every year with cast offs we got lucky this year .at this point we don’t seem to have any money for anyone left

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You don’t win competitions every year with cast offs we got lucky this year .at this point we don’t seem to have any money for anyone left

I saw it as less luck, more asute buying.

Yep the cap will be tight. It's generally tight when a team wins the title.

The cupboard isn't bare when it comes to juniors, thank goodness too.

I think club is hoping to hold unto all 3 Kiks, Dyl and Api. It will be a stretch. Hence Mom going.

maple_69

Bench
We got him with his Tigers contract didn’t we? They would have signed him for $200K which we inherited.

Saving $70K is decent. For a guy that we can replace with a kid that might be better while potentially tipping a deal for Api back in our favour you do it every time.

Would love to pick up Oldfield now. No upside there anymore but we have plenty of guys with upside but none that we know can reliably plug in 2-5 and do a job.

Michael Matral

Juniors
I saw it as less luck, more asute buying.

Yep the cap will be tight. It's generally tight when a team wins the title.

The cupboard isn't bare when it comes to juniors, thank goodness too.

I think club is hoping to hold unto all 3 Kiks, Dyl and Api. It will be a stretch. Hence Mom going.
100%..couldn't see us getting into a bidding war for him..A very likable fellow who did the jersey justice..I wish him well..

Iamback

Coach
If Momo leaving means we keep Api and gets Tago into the NRL quicker, I’m all for it.

Not that I’m anti Momo!! Solid player! Reminded me allot of Paul Fat’s or Shane Elford.

Then after Tago? Poor decision if we don't bring anyone in