What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Blade23

Juniors
I think we can put to rest this idea Tyrone May is under contract for 2022, so the board face a pretty tough decision to give him a new contract.

View attachment 55341

The club and May have agreed to terms for a 1 year extension. It just hasn't been registered with the NRL.
This was all done before the current situation. What the board will do I can not say, but I know a sponsor of the club is very displeased about his actions.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The club and May have agreed to terms for a 1 year extension. It just hasn't been registered with the NRL.
This was all done before the current situation. What the board will do I can not say, but I know a sponsor of the club is very displeased about his actions.

Thanks for the clarfication.

Fangs

Coach
I
Can't recall the opposition. Maybe Newcastle, but Hookey did a ripper if a 40/20.

I don't recall.

Funny stat. A hattrick in a losing side:

To be fair we were up against the cheating storm. Not a bad effort. I wonder if it was the Walker edge or Hoffman/Turner.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Reading between the lines, sounds like May's contract will be torn up.

kinghippo

Juniors
I think we can put to rest this idea Tyrone May is under contract for 2022, so the board face a pretty tough decision to give him a new contract.

View attachment 55341
Only interesting part of that is Tex hoy doesn't have a contract for next year, not sure what that's about.
He would be a good utility, not sure if he is big enough to develop in the centres though.

Whino

Bench
Can't recall the opposition. Maybe Newcastle, but Hookey did a ripper if a 40/20.

Newcastle round 25. We lost 40-4.
I used to write notes back then on our matches. Back when I was single and had no life ;)
It reads:
A Lee Hookey 40/20 in the opening minutes was the only highlight for Penrith, who were crushed by Newcastle without Johns.
Chalky Trindall played HB.
Best on ground for Penrith. Priddis, who tried hard.

The_Frog

First Grade
Sponsors telling clubs what to do yet again. Maybe he'll go quietly but chances are other clubs sponsors will have a similar attitude. A very messy situation.

Iamback

Coach
Sponsors telling clubs what to do yet again. Maybe he'll go quietly but chances are other clubs sponsors will have a similar attitude. A very messy situation.

No better way to clear the air then to do it in person. Hopefully said sponsor is also in attendance

If you’ve invested your money you have a right to express an opinion, just like fans do. Businesses don’t want to be associated with people who disrespect women.

murraymob

First Grade
Money is so tight we may not sign anyone.just putting my hand up ready to sign MR CLEARY .that last spot on the roster that I gave eyes off for many a year.that one chance to run out and be a panther

The_Frog

First Grade
If you’ve invested your money you have a right to express an opinion, just like fans do. Businesses don’t want to be associated with people who disrespect women.
The NRL is full of them and sponsors don't bat an eyelid. Presumably the sponsor was OK with Tyrone until recently, and for the life of me I don't see how the GF night post disrespects women. My guess is the problem is not disrespecting women at all, but negative media exposure. They don't want to be associated with people with negative media and they don't want to pay for same.

Last edited:

Hooked

Juniors
Money is so tight we may not sign anyone.just putting my hand up ready to sign MR CLEARY .that last spot on the roster that I gave eyes off for many a year.that one chance to run out and be a panther

If you can fit in the uniform you're hired to play Paws next year.

soc123_au

Staff member
My guess is the problem is not disrespecting women at all, but negative media exposure. They don't want to be associated with people with negative media and they don't want to pay for same.
This is exactly it and why cutting Tyrone loose is the right move. Sucks for him and although dumb, the tweet isn't as bad as some are making out, but Tyrone has painted himself into a corner now. Pretty much anything he does from here is going to have a negative spin put on it by the media and is sponsor poison. The only way past that is Super League if he can get a visa or bush footy for a year or 2 followed by a redemption story with a glamour club. I don't see staying at Penrith working for either party tbh.

The NRL is full of them and sponsors don't bat an eyelid. Presumably the sponsor was OK with Tyrone until recently, and for the life of me I don't see how the GF night post disrespects women. My guess is the problem is not disrespecting women at all, but negative media exposure. They don't want to be associated with people with negative media and they don't want to pay for same.

The negative publicity and disrespecting women go hand in hand, one led to the other. Most people saw what Tyrone May did as a lack of contrition, it’s a reasonable point of view wether you agree or not.

Latest posts