What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

DinkyDi

Juniors
This is exactly it and why cutting Tyrone loose is the right move. Sucks for him and although dumb, the tweet isn't as bad as some are making out, but Tyrone has painted himself into a corner now. Pretty much anything he does from here is going to have a negative spin put on it by the media and is sponsor poison. The only way past that is Super League if he can get a visa or bush footy for a year or 2 followed by a redemption story with a glamour club. I don't see staying at Penrith working for either party tbh.
May should have thought this through. He should have left the photo out, or better still, he should not have shared that photo, or even have taken it, in the first place.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
May did not take the photo. It was a still photo taken from one of the many media sites that covered the trial.

I'll say this again. I don't have a problem in May using this image. I believe he was documenting his own personal journey from that time.

The photo with Ivan Cleary was a recognition for the obvious and sustained help May has recieved from the Cleary family. Seperate to his friendship with Nathan.

I think the song lyrics is where it becomes trickly. Not the best idea. The photos without the song in my opinion would have been fine.

But in saying that I think May wanted to highlight the pain he caused to his family and to himself......one line says about 'growing from the dirt you threw at me'.

and yes there has been plenty of dirt thrown by others.Been quite relentess I would say.

(and before all the Karen's jump, I'm not discounting what the girl has gone through, but this is about May)

Except for what May has recieved from the club, suits within the club, players, coaching staffs. There has been no support, just bile and abuse. Day in, day out. I can imagine you'd begin to feel like a victim after a couple of years of this.

I have no idea whether the club will keep him or not.

A case could be made for either decision.

It is a must though that the club, and individuals within the club continue to support him.

DinkyDi

Juniors
May did not take the photo. It was a still photo taken from one of the many media sites that covered the trial.

I'll say this again. I don't have a problem in May using this image. I believe he was documenting his own personal journey from that time.

The photo with Ivan Cleary was a recognition for the obvious and sustained help May has recieved from the Cleary family. Seperate to his friendship with Nathan.

I think the song lyrics is where it becomes trickly. Not the best idea. The photos without the song in my opinion would have been fine.

But in saying that I think May wanted to highlight the pain he caused to his family and to himself......one line says about 'growing from the dirt you threw at me'.

and yes there has been plenty of dirt thrown by others.Been quite relentess I would say.

(and before all the Karen's jump, I'm not discounting what the girl has gone through, but this is about May)

Except for what May has recieved from the club, suits within the club, players, coaching staffs. There has been no support, just bile and abuse. Day in, day out. I can imagine you'd begin to feel like a victim after a couple of years of this.

I have no idea whether the club will keep him or not.

A case could be made for either decision.

It is a must though that the club, and individuals within the club continue to support him.
His tweet was ambiguous. If he wanted to thank his supporters, rightfully so, then he should have left that photo out of it. It is that simple.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
His tweet was ambiguous. If he wanted to thank his supporters, rightfully so, then he should have left that photo out of it. It is that simple.

So if the picture was him and Ivan at training, same words, same everything else, you’d be cool with it?

DinkyDi

Juniors

So if the picture was him and Ivan at training, same words, same everything else, you’d be cool with it?
Yes

Last edited:
The world is full of self-proclaimed telepaths.

It’s not a matter of knowing something, it’s a reasonable inference given the evidence. That doesn’t mean it’s 100% certain, but given what we know it’s not unreasonable to draw the conclusion that Tyrone May was showing a lack of contrition. You don’t agree, that’s fine. But the point is the people that are annoyed with his behaviour are hardly out on a limb.

Original Name

Juniors
They threw dirt on my name is a very strange way of saying thanks to anyone. It's not thanks it's the opposite basically saying f**k these haters who trashed me look what I did in spite of the "haters". At absolute best (if you're trying to give May the benefit of the doubt) say who he's saying "f**k you guys" to it's to people who shit on him claiming he's a shit player, people who shit on him because of what he did, a perceived lack of remorse, people thinking he's playing the victim when he's the perpetrator or all of it.

It's very clearly not thanking fans.

Last edited:
I mean, come on.

A picture of him outside court combined with “the people who threw dirt on my name”

You don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes here.

Latest posts