What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The_Frog

First Grade
That doesn’t mean it’s 100% certain, but given what we know it’s not unreasonable to draw the conclusion that Tyrone May was showing a lack of contrition.
Just because in your opinion he wasn't showing it doesn't mean he doesn't have it. This looking at someone's demeanour and drawing inferences from it is what put the totally innocent Lindy Chamberlain in prison for several years. Not a damn thing has been learnt from that tragedy.

By all means hang the bloke for what he has done. But don't hang him for what you imagine he is thinking.

The_Frog

First Grade
They threw dirt on my name is a very strange way of saying thanks to anyone. It's not thanks it's the opposite basically saying f**k these haters who trashed me look what I did in spite of the "haters". At absolute best who he's saying "f**k you guys" to is ambiguous whether it's to people who shit on him claiming he's a shit player, people who shit on him because of what he did, a perceived lack of remorse, people thinking he's playing the victim when he's the perpetrator or all of it.

It's very clearly not thanking fans.
A reasonable theory, and absolutely zero to do with disrespect for women.

Alintheeast

Juniors
I

I have worn the large panther mascot uniform before .definatly works on reducing weight on a hot day.that suit is hot inside
Actually best way to get piece of Panther glory play an early pre season trial match. They used to start about 10 am and if you had boots and shorts you got 10 minutes minimum and if someone got hurt longer. Running out on the old Penrith Park was a sporting highlight copping a head high from someone who was taking it seriously was less so. You needed to give the jersey back but Bill Ashurst’s Neighbour said I looked pretty good.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just because in your opinion he wasn't showing it doesn't mean he doesn't have it. This looking at someone's demeanour and drawing inferences from it is what put the totally innocent Lindy Chamberlain in prison for several years. Not a damn thing has been learnt from that tragedy.

By all means hang the bloke for what he has done. But don't hang him for what you imagine he is thinking.

Froggie: I do believe you've been reading my mind recently.

I agree with every single word you're saying.

The Lindy Chamberlain thing, of she doesn't look like she is grieving. Meanwhile the poor lady's heart was breaking.

I do know that May as with many of the Penrith boys go and volunteer with the FTA group.

Here they help kids, teenagers and adults, by getting them involved in exercise, eating right, playing sport. Walking the journey with the community,

Since the incident on his now deleted instagram he often highlighted their work and partcipated in it.

Even since his insta has gone to God (as it probably needed to) I thought I caught a glimpse of him in the photos, helping out giving back to the community.

Does this change what he did.

No

It does show that he is attempting to help out the community in which he is involved.

Alintheeast

Juniors
It late I’m drunk but someone who is complaining about self proclaimed telepaths shouldn’t be writing “Presumably the Sponsor was Ok with Tyrone…..”

BossleyPanther

Juniors
The chances of us winning the Grandfinal next season is against us. So I would not be signing a stop gab player for centre but instead put someone we already have and sticking to it for experience to go better for the following season.

Iamback

Coach
The chances of us winning the Grandfinal next season is against us. So I would not be signing a stop gab player for centre but instead put someone we already have and sticking to it for experience to go better for the following season.

The issue is no 2nd tier footy. Need a season or 2 stop gap just in case. You can play anyone from Round 11 anyway

Hooked

Juniors

As Gould use to say sometimes you need a player to come in and play half a dozen games till someone else is ready later on.
I think most on here agree Crichton and Tago likely starting centres next year. If either gets injured then the cupboard gets bare. Jenkins are Turuva are options, but with limited lower grades, I don't know if either would be ready to blood early next year. Should we need them.

Iamback

Coach
As Gould use to say sometimes you need a player to come in and play half a dozen games till someone else is ready later on.
I think most on here agree Crichton and Tago likely starting centres next year. If either gets injured then the cupboard gets bare. Jenkins are Turuva are options, but with limited lower grades, I don't know if either would be ready to blood early next year. Should we need them.

Even Tago is very raw to even count as a centre. Teams get picked apart and scores put on them if they have poor edges.

Tago may end up in the centre jersey come round 1. He or Crichton also may pick up a niggle or something and then we have very limited options.

Salmon can ball play so he'd be a good one to make into a centre. Could be the sort of player to spark the right side.

Bring in Tuala or someone externally. Along with an edge backrower that could play some centre if needed.

That gives plenty of options while some rookies get some game time. Longer term Jenkins is the one and given Tago can play edge too then no one misses out

Smug Panther

First Grade
Even Tago is very raw to even count as a centre. Teams get picked apart and scores put on them if they have poor edges.

Tago may end up in the centre jersey come round 1. He or Crichton also may pick up a niggle or something and then we have very limited options.

Salmon can ball play so he'd be a good one to make into a centre. Could be the sort of player to spark the right side.

Bring in Tuala or someone externally. Along with an edge backrower that could play some centre if needed.

That gives plenty of options while some rookies get some game time. Longer term Jenkins is the one and given Tago can play edge too then no one misses out
We are the best side in the comp, we can carry anyone we like at left centre.

Iamback

Coach
We are the best side in the comp, we can carry anyone we like at left centre.

When we had Capewell giving Kikau a breather yes. A new centre a plodder giving him a spell along with Martin on the right.. plenty of weak spots that the good sides will attack

Wow, that’s the longest possible bow you could’ve drawn.

The difference here is we know about Tyrone May’s past behaviour, we know he’s been in trouble on several occasions, and we’re not convicting someone of a serious crime.

The reason his post disrespects women is because he’s inferring what he did was no big deal. As I said, you don’t need to be a genius to work out the clear inference here, and trying to deny it exists is some crazy level of mental gymnastics.

Tyrone May is a scumbag, and I hope we’ve seen the last of him.

Last edited:

Latest posts