What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
The burton is a better 5/8 than luai argument is crazy. Hes barely playee there. Maybe 8 or so games in the nrl at 5/8??

They are completley different style of players.

I still think he will end up like wade graham in 4 or 5 years. Big strong quick skillful 2nd rower.

He will have his work cut out for him next year at the dogs. They have gone all out on backs but its the 9,7 and there forwards that are avg and will be the issue for them.

I dont see things being that easy for burto. I think it will take him some time to adjust.

He really needs a decent half next to him just to steer the ship..ash taylor for them would be a good pick up.

Hooked

Juniors
They are going to get Brandon Smith for 2023 imo. Next year will be hard for Burto but he'll be right

I have been reading about Brandon Smith to the Dogs for the past 18 months! Also to the Titans and now Dolphins. I wouldn't be surprised if he stay with the Storm.

Hooked

Juniors
Falls will likely play 7 during origin period in 2022 - May will play 7 at start of the year if Nathan isnt fit.

Falls knows this and should try and have his best ever pre-season to change the coaches mind.

Burton's kicking game and his speed is superior to Luai - 2022 will be a big reality check for Burton, whilst that Dogs team looks better on paper than recent years - they are all coming together for the first time against a team that has made back to back grand finals.

Burton wont have the time & space that he's had at Penrith, its going to show early on in the season for him

After today May could be suspended or unlikely sacked. We may need someone else in the halves come round 1 if Cleary isn't ready and May is unavailable.
If Falls is next cab off the rank. play him the trials, play him in the WC (if it goes ahead), and then round 1. Certainly would be a good taste for him come Origin time.
It all depends if he is ready though. If not recruit!

Luke Bowden

First Grade
After today May could be suspended or unlikely sacked. We may need someone else in the halves come round 1 if Cleary isn't ready and May is unavailable.
If Falls is next cab off the rank. play him the trials, play him in the WC (if it goes ahead), and then round 1. Certainly would be a good taste for him come Origin time.
It all depends if he is ready though. If not recruit!
Tex Hoy would be a great pick up, dude can play anywhere in the back line and I assume he would be reasonably priced.

Munky

Coach
Burton and Luai are a leg injury away from having to rebuild their game.

Both are heavily run first players with footwork and a burst of speed.

I'm not sure you ever hand out more than a two year contract to these types as they lose effectiveness once busted even if they make it onto the field.

Running five eighths don't hold top form for long in the NRL, look at Marshall and Foran for players who have had terrible late careers in comparison to the start. Michael Morgan also forced to retirement and Munster is looking a little worse for wear these days.

Burton's size may allow him to adjust to a ball playing power game later on. Unless Luai develops game management skills I'm not sure how long he'll remain a top five eighth.

Original Name

Juniors
We have Api and Yeo both capable of playing 80. We don't need some next level god tier player. All we need is our utility to come on do a job for like 10-15 minutes then go off most games and just do a job in whatever position they need for the others with injury. Somebody exceptional who can come and win a game with special ability would be great but if our utility isn't setting the world it isn't the end of the world. We won the premiership with May.

A squad filler like Salmon or Tex Hoy there is fine as long as they can make their tackles, communicate and find their front in different positions.

Fangs

Coach
May looks to be going out the door. He is not irreplaceable but its difficult thinking who will fill that spot.

At the moment I don't think there is a player like him on the market. The guys who are better like Connor Watson and Tyrone Peachey have already signed elsewhere. I doubt we even looked at them seriously with their price range.

Its far from the end of the world but he brought a lot of balance to the team.

Iamback

Coach
May looks to be going out the door. He is not irreplaceable but its difficult thinking who will fill that spot.

At the moment I don't think there is a player like him on the market. The guys who are better like Connor Watson and Tyrone Peachey have already signed elsewhere. I doubt we even looked at them seriously with their price range.

Its far from the end of the world but he brought a lot of balance to the team.

Could affect the centre makeup. If you have Tago as the interchange backrower then he can cover centre if you get an injury. Him and Kenny could probably cover most positions

Fangs

Coach
Could affect the centre makeup. If you have Tago as the interchange backrower then he can cover centre if you get an injury. Him and Kenny could probably cover most positions

Yes but we had guys like Luai doing that in 2019. Hard to know if it hinders or helps development.

I'd prefer a guy like Tago plays reserves for a good period, occasionally playing firsts. Then takes a permanent spot in the second half of the season.

Iamback

Coach
Yes but we had guys like Luai doing that in 2019. Hard to know if it hinders or helps development.

I'd prefer a guy like Tago plays reserves for a good period, occasionally playing firsts. Then takes a permanent spot in the second half of the season.

Tago and a few others look a little raw. Really is hard to judge until the final makeup of the squad. Ideally Kenny will add skills and cover more positions but time will tell

DinkyDi

Juniors
Are these players signed for development?

Attachments

• 241479418_4499441176812369_1632038981197804850_n.jpg
    241479418_4499441176812369_1632038981197804850_n.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 28

Original Name

Juniors
Average is fine. average = cheap
Lots of people said that Soro was average as well. He worked out well
A lot of people seem to be on the bandwagon because Joey loves to hype him up when he does basic stuff. Should just pump the breaks a bit. Would be a great as a squad filler/someone who will do a job and people shouldn't expect more than that.

Last edited:

Latest posts