What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Might be worth a risk but we could allow Api and Kikau both go ...probs keep Edwards for a year maybe 2 unless Critter goes FB, tago in the centres...but let them go and buy Cheese and nab Simms. Let 3 go and gain 2 guns.

Munky

Coach
A good manager uses his stable of clients to put pressure on clubs and gets the best result for the people paying him.

If the tactic gets a bigger payday including the commission then so be it.

Whoever convinced the Broncos to give Seibold a five year contract with an option in his favour earned every cent.

Blade23

Juniors
We might have some more money if May leaves and we place him with someone on a bit less wouldn't we?

Yes, as long as there is still value in the deal.
I said over a month ago we would likely lose someone if we retained the trio. Momirovski going helps, but it is still tight.

murraymob

Coach
Look the club is spot on put a good offer down and stick with it.that will keeps us in the top 5 for years to come as the next kids or next player wanting a opputunity arrives
Pay overs and the next few year will see plenty leave and a slide down the table
I salute management well done

Bob

Juniors
His Manager is trying to bump us up before Nov 1. The club has for now stuck to their guns. The next few days will be interesting.
Api's manager is doing a similar thing. Trying to panic us before the deadline.
Thanks Blade, good to hear the club is sticking to there guns

Original Name

Juniors
Easts and Storm would let Kikau walk. Let's be professional here
Easts and Storm also have a million dollar fullback (or will next year for Paps) which we don't. We aren't them. We might still retain all 3 of them. Jarome re-signed around 750K so our only guy on or near a million will be Cleary.

That's better value for money for spine players compared to Storm and Roosters. We don't structure our cap the same way these guys do. They have to do it a certain way because they recruit these guys around 18 so for they sometimes pay a couple tens of thousand more to poach up and comers compared what their original/nearest club might have kept them on (if they were competent).

Last edited:

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I think Kikau will go and we will keep Api and Edwards. Backrowers ain't as important as a hooker or FB. I think we need to start blooding a fullback sooner rather than later tho

Smug Panther

First Grade
Easts and Storm also have a million dollar fullback (or will next year for Paps) which we don't. We aren't them. We might still retain all 3 of them. Jarome re-signed around 750K so our only guy on or near a million will be Cleary.

That's better value for money for spine players compared to Storm and Roosters. We don't structure our cap the same way these guys do. They have to do it a certain way because they recruit these guys around 18 so for they sometimes pay a couple tens of thousand more to poach up and comers compared what their original/nearest club might have kept them on (if they were competent).
We just let ours go to the Dogs..... Burto would kill it at fullback....I miss him already

Original Name

Juniors
We just let ours go to the Dogs..... Burto would kill it at fullback....I miss him already
Ehh, maybe he would but I'm happy with any premiership winning spine. A team like this with only one real out and out flashy superstar million dollar player is easier to keep together. The power of combinations, playing together for years and all that. Edwards has his own advantages are flashy and expensive player can't have.

Latest posts