What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
I would have preferred the Astra tbh. My gp was dead against it though. One of the shittiest parts of this whole thing is the conflicting information. It would be much easier to believe if the info was consistent and the rules around what is and isnt allowed made sense as well

The plan for NSW has always been eventually for everyone to be free after a certain point the problem is it’s being pushed back as it’s an evolving situation, they are closely watching countries that have opened up before us and spikes in cases are being reacted to, the virus mutates and vaccines start to lose their efficacy a number of months which all needs to be considered. Unfortunately it’s not a situation we’ve dealt with before and the unknowns mean it will probably take longer then they were aiming for but Britain is Avery good case study for us and atm they are doing pretty well with very limited restrictions, there is no legal social distancing or mask wearing requirements in Britain, its been that way for months. They are basically relying on a high vaccine rate to allow freedom for everyone. That being said there have been some case spikes that have worried many of their medical experts but it’s seems to be dropping off atm.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm not arguing that the percentages are low. My argument is it should be a choice and it isn't as things stand right now. I'm not anti vax, my partner has had it, and so have my kids. I'm annoyed that I either have to take it or live in lockdown limbo.

It comes down to cause and effect.

You have a choice, just like Api does.

If you don't have it you may have to stay at home. With Api it's about whether he gets a paycheck or not.

Like with driving a car, you must go through the process to get your licence. Drive without it at your own risk. Caught and the penalty will be heavy.

Original Name

Juniors
Wish he was just as 'smart' off the field. Not willing to be vaccinated according to reports.

Especially 'silly' when coming off contract.......This will drive his price down me thinks.
Regardless he's good enough in a position lacking players of his calibre that multiple clubs will still take him regardless.

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards will break down within a month. Then we need a 2nd new centre when Crichton goes back

The 17 from GF game

Edwards
??
Crichton ( I move him to centre because that is certain )
??
To'o
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Api
Leota
Martin
??
Yeo

??
Kikau
Leinu
Sorensen

I think Tago comes into the 17 somewhere. Whether he replaces Burton or Capewell is the question

Still leaves a few gaps to sort out. Not to mention when Origin and injuries hit. Who we get to fill those last 5 spots are crucial to how close we go to back to back
We need some signings, don’t have the depth to cover the five losses. There’s not much quality left though, if any.

Original Name

Juniors
If you scroll back you would see I wanted Sorenson here.

Momo doesn't count. He was never a free agent
I mean sure decent value of money but no one was seriously considering him a big part of a premiership winning team good. We'll find someone who exceeds expectations again.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I mean sure decent value of money but no one was seriously considering him a big part of a premiership winning team good. We'll find someone who exceeds expectations again.

Of course we will.

There will be someone who jumps out of that bargain basement bin out the front of the footy players shop.

The trick is knowing who suits our needs.

Looking back over the last couple of years, I'd say the person doing the buying has got a good eye.

MTNPanther

Juniors
I know why it happened and concur with what you have posted. I'm talking about the parallel with how control was achieved by the erosion of free choice. I'm not suggesting that the unvaxxed will be headed to the gas chambers. I get it's a pretty extreme example.

As for the freedoms to be given back, I hope you're right. It's one argument I'm very happy to lose and look like a dick. I'm still concerned about it at this stage though.
Umm you realise a lot of soldiers were conscripted to fight in that war right? If you invokes ww2 as an example you need to mention the fact that a lot of soldiers were forced to go to war not by choice but by the government.

Iamback

Coach

We were looking for a bench forward at the time. Found a great one
How many starting quality centres or 2nd rowers are floating around?

Latest posts