What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
Gus 100% knew. There’s absolutely no other reason for that picture to be taken in the first place.

Not sure how anyone can say there’s no winners in this. The dogs have been on the back page of every paper for the last week. Could’ve even be the push Mahoney needed to sign on the dotted line.
Gus is a merkin for putting Kikau in that position. Low stuff really

Still not completely convinced about the dogs in 2023. No doubt they will have a good starting side but how can they afford to have good depth? They will be struggling to keep any decent young players that come through. They must be planning to not sign and offload some more guys as they have with cotric who I assume they are chipping in for the raiders. They are going all out on buying a contending roster and pinning their hopes on an unproven coach. Good teams play a lot of footy together and have good depth. They are throwing a bunch of guys together on long pricey deals. If they don’t click straight away it will be interesting.
Bought not bred. Simple as that.

Goonji

Juniors
I am sure that Gus could take (or arrange) a better quality picture than the one taken. The fact that it was from CCTV suggest that it was taken surreptitiously, i.e. no cameras to be present thank you. That is unless the conspiracy theorists on here think that perhaps the CCTV footage was shot from the grassy knoll. Cue the Twilight Zone music.
There was no reason for the photo to be taken at all. Still haven’t seen Burton in Bulldogs gear yet he is officially a bulldog. Firmly believe the dogs wanted to get up our nose for not releasing Burton earlier and take the gloss of our Parade regardless of what they say.

Original Name

Juniors
I am sure that Gus could take (or arrange) a better quality picture than the one taken. The fact that it was from CCTV suggest that it was taken surreptitiously, i.e. no cameras to be present thank you. That is unless the conspiracy theorists on here think that perhaps the CCTV footage was shot from the grassy knoll. Cue the Twilight Zone music.
Well obviously if you did something under the table like that you'd pay an employee to do it take the fall then sneak him a nice comfy pay out.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wouldn't everyone know other players TPAS.

Rheed for example. His manager would put forward the the Eels what they need to match.

He is getting x amount plus a 3rd party deal etc...
I do hope Parra and Panthers raid a fee of their young guns or atleast drive their prices up.

I also hope this Brandon Hands becomes a good quality player

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Rheed for example. His manager would put forward the the Eels what they need to match.

I do hope Parra and Panthers raid a fee of their young guns or atleast drive their prices up.

are you lost ?

I know it must be confusing when they both start with P

murraymob

First Grade
Be interesting to see how the Api saga unfolds .parra will now be in the market.i have a feeling most offers will be not that much difference but the amount of years may be..can see a club offering 4 years for us that’s to long.that then gives us a year to develop a new hooker as there is not much quality out there to buy

Isaac A

Juniors
I
Be interesting to see how the Api saga unfolds .parra will now be in the market.i have a feeling most offers will be not that much difference but the amount of years may be..can see a club offering 4 years for us that’s to long.that then gives us a year to develop a new hooker as there is not much quality out there to buy
I think he’ll be announced as Dolphins 1st singing over the weekend 🤦🏻

MugaB

Coach

Rheed Mahoney was/is a Canterbury junior btw

kinghippo

Juniors
I

For me the elephant in the room nobody is talking about with number 9's is the roosters.
There was 3 good 9's on the market, Rheed is gone, that leaves api and smith.
The rooster always get their man, Smith will sign with them leaving api to field big offers from the rest of the comp, including the dolphins who need a win.

betcats

Referee
The stories about the dogs Salary cap pressure in 2023 are already starting. They apparently are paying flanno and Corey Allan 500k in 2023. Lol. Also worth noting Vaughan and Duffy are on one year deals, if they go well they will struggle to keep them, if they don’t go well then it’s two more players that need to be replaced. Like I said before they will struggle for depth and still don’t have there spine more than halfway sorted for 2023, plenty of question marks remain there I think.

martielang

Bench
As long as you understand that is an entirely baseless claim I'm fine with it.

I'm 100% sure I'm right btw.

Give me a reason that is 98% factual as to why that picture would be taken? So they can release it in 23 months time when he's officially a Dog?

I

I could live with him going to the Dolphins. No pressure to get him out of his contract early, and you would have to assume anyone accepting an offer to playing in a Queensland club will have to commit to being jabbed (as I understand it).

BxTom

Bench
Give me a reason that is 98% factual as to why that picture would be taken? So they can release it in 23 months time when he's officially a Dog?
As the picture was on CCTV it's 100% that the primary purpose of that photo was security.

murraymob

First Grade
The dolphins have missed most targets so far .not so sure they will target api unless he has his shots.the storm could well be hit harder than most they just lost a forward and muster will be high on the big list
They are struggling hard to sign anyone.i might even get a run for the right price you bet