What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
All mangers talk. Robson being available could be a handy plan B
Yeah sure but I'm saying is Api is on the outer inaccurate. We've got him this year for for 440K or something. Why we be shopping that great value for money contract around to other clubs? That claim makes no sense.

Regardless I don't necessarily believe Robonson is being shopped around either. If he is being shopped around and if Api leaves sure, maybe. But we can still you know just retain Api?

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
With that ski googles stunt, can someone, please, explain to me why that was deemed offensive? Thanks in advance.
It’s not offensive, the Ski Googles thing is not even a Melbourne Storm thing. They stole it from a NFL or NBA team. It’s been happening for years.

mxlegend99

Referee
It’s not offensive, the Ski Googles thing is not even a Melbourne Storm thing. They stole it from a NFL or NBA team. It’s been happening for years.
Yeah i dont see why anyone cares about this. Its PPE to stop getting alcohol in their eyes while celebrating.

It will become more common and become normal. Storm just appear to be the first NRL team to do it.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah sure but I'm saying is Api is on the outer inaccurate. We've got him this year for for 440K or something. Why we be shopping that great value for money contract around to other clubs? That claim makes no sense.

Regardless I don't necessarily believe Robonson is being shopped around either. If he is being shopped around and if Api leaves sure, maybe. But we can still you know just retain Api?

Robson and Luki were to try and get Leilua early. Makes sense with the stack of hookers Cows have.

Depending on where Smith and Api fall there could be some promising hookers around that might look good in our system

Iamback

Coach
Yeah i dont see why anyone cares about this. Its PPE to stop getting alcohol in their eyes while celebrating.

It will become more common and become normal. Storm just appear to be the first NRL team to do it.

It is more the ego of bringing them. NBA is different because best of 7 series no one brings them to game one though

murraymob

First Grade
Well the whole smith saga is twisting and turning .back page of the papers.Now the roosters will not like the attention it draws to them .And will the Melbourne players want smith at the club

Goonji

Juniors
Well the whole smith saga is twisting and turning .back page of the papers.Now the roosters will not like the attention it draws to them .And will the Melbourne players want smith at the club
True. I don't think the Roosters (like Melbourne) will like the way Smith is shooting off his mouth so publicly. What an idiot.

Kilkenny

Coach
Robson and Luki were to try and get Leilua early. Makes sense with the stack of hookers Cows have.

Depending on where Smith and Api fall there could be some promising hookers around that might look good in our system
I don’t think it it would happen but I think Robson would be an ideal replacement for Api, has a lot of upside and be even better in the next couple of seasons.

Kilkenny

Coach
They will definitely be far better in 2022 but not yet a real challenger.

2023-2024 are their years to take a true strike at the Premiership.
I was more meaning challenging for the eight. They’ve done very well in terms of recruitment even if doubts remain over having a more than competent number seven.

Personally, I think it’s wrong when a team can recruit players which places them substantially over the salary cap, and forces the club to squeeze out players who have existing contracts. That to me is wrong and should not be allowed to happen.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t think it it would happen but I think Robson would be an ideal replacement for Api, has a lot of upside and be even better in the next couple of seasons.

That will be the flow on from these teams going on spending sprees. it frees up some promising guys

Kilkenny

Coach
The longer the Api contract saga lingers on the more inclined I think we should move on from him. Personally I have my doubts about extending him on significantly improved money.

Original Name

Juniors

Doubt it a two hooker system is great in the modern game you would try and keep both as long as possible and Robonson's better than Cotter and Granville's been bad at hooker for years now anyway. Cotter's had two recent acl injuries which is something clubs keep in mind when considering someone as the main hooker.

I don't see why would you do it. It'd be like us trading Api for a second rower because we have Mitch Kenny. It's a massive down grade.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Doubt it a two hooker system is great in the modern game you would try and keep both as long as possible and Robonson's better than Cotter and Granville's been bad at hooker for years now anyway. Cotter's had two recent acl injuries which is something clubs keep in mind when considering someone as the main hooker.

I don't see why would you do it. It'd be like us trading Api for a second rower because we have Mitch Kenny. It's a massive down grade.

You need more then 1 hooker in your squad. It is all about getting value for money in the squad

Whino

Bench

Granville has been past it for several years. I was surprised they re-signed him. Then I remembered why. The idiots running the club.

Latest posts