What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Disappointed from a footballing point of view to lose Api but grown tired of his off field antics. Hopefully we don't go back to having rubbish hookers like before and can blood or buy someone worthwhile.

I firmly believe we got the best couple of years out of Api and hopefully he won't help the Tigers too much in 2023.
Like with Kiks there is time to replace him
atleast

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I thought he would stay a month ago. The whole vax thing had muddied the waters and started to create doubt. I still thought his relationship with IC would get us over the line.
Haven't heard the latest on vax.

Some are saying huge money. He will be 31 when he reaches the W/T.

Iamback

Coach
I'm not super worried tbh.

With Api, 31 years old in 2023.

I think priority now should be how do we use that let's say $600k from Api and $700k from Kikau we may have been offering to better improve the squad.

That is key. Can stack other positions to cover the weaker hooker

DinkyDi

Juniors
I thought he would stay a month ago. The whole vax thing had muddied the waters and started to create doubt. I still thought his relationship with IC would get us over the line.
Haven't heard the latest on vax.
Assuming that Api is unvaccinated, it would not surprise me if his views change. Also, Api showed he is not a team player.

Big Mick

Referee
I'd look at Verrils, Robson, Parcell as short term solution until Smith is ready.

And then go after an impact forward - then take a shot with the remaining money on a few big young blokes that would be looking for an opportunity. Like we did with Kikau initially.

Iamback

Coach
I'd look at Verrils, Robson, Parcell as short term solution until Smith is ready.

And then go after an impact forward - then take a shot with the remaining money on a few big young blokes that would be looking for an opportunity. Like we did with Kikau initially.

I'd go after Luki at Cows. Get him and say Verrills and potentially get them on the way up

Iamback

Coach
To me after he leaves I think he's got still got 2 good years left in him before a decline.

You don't put yourself in the position to do highlight reel stuff with no ability to read the game.

That is why details are key. Either a huge offer or won't get vaxxed

hindy111

Post Whore
Your squad is having the arse end ripped out of it.

May,Burton,Kikau,Momo,Api and Capewell all gone.

Be interesting who ends up with Verrils now.