What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I do not think May will come back. The club stood by him during his trial, he than broke contract and was sacked. It's a no go zone

Girds89

Bench
I’ve seen nothing in Turuva yet to suggest he’s anywhere near first grade let alone at centre position. Same with Jenkins and May at centre. Especially after 12 months of no NSW Cup.

Suicide going into the season without getting an experienced centre in.

I agree that none of them will be near starting centre.

I think tiny definitley will be wing at some point.

And i reckon turuva is a chance at a wing or fb debut throughout the year if injuries hit.

He was pretty bloody good at fb in nsw cup this year before it got pulled.

Iamback

Coach
I agree that none of them will be near starting centre.

I think tiny definitley will be wing at some point.

And i reckon turuva is a chance at a wing or fb debut throughout the year if injuries hit.

He was pretty bloody good at fb in nsw cup this year before it got pulled.

Injuries will play their part. Say Crichton gets injured who comes in?

So they will get a chance across the season

mxlegend99

Referee
We played the second half of 2021 woefully out of attacking form. Overpowered middle, kicking and wings meant the other side never had a chance to attack. A hooker that keeps a tight middle and fast service works in that system. Api is a blow and we have work to do to replace him but I think it’s bizarre to suggest we’ll drop out of contention without him when sides can’t put more than 10 points past us and we have the best 6/7/13 in the game, all just about to hit their prime. If we can sort a hooker a tier below Api, there’s plenty of other areas we can improve to compensate, the right edge being the most prominent.
You dont think Burton, Momirovski, Capewell, Kikau and May helped contribute to our defence? May the least of this group, but he was part of the system defensively.

It's more than just Api missing and needing replacement. He's by far the biggest loss. But they all add up. A third of the team will be different. We lose experience. Cohesion. Time in the system etc.

We can definitely improve our attack. Once our side was busted that dried up and it was pure guts and determination. Not wanting to feel the pain of defeat again. These guys all digging deep playing through pain so they didnt have to suffer for 12 more months.

WestyLife

First Grade
The story about May coming back better be bollocks. He's not good enough to justify so many chances even with a clean off field record.

hindy111

Post Whore
As people know, I can be a bit negative with my opinions, that’s probably because I’m an analyst by trade, but I think we’re genuine favourites in 2022.

The Storm have lost Hynes, JAC, Finucane and could be about to lose Solomona.

Souths have lost Reynolds and Bennett, big losses

The roosters have lost a stack of experience, but if they somehow get Smith for 2022 they could be dynamite.

The Eels are largely in tact for 2022, definitely a top four chance

Storm also signed the kid from Brisbane. He will be as goodas JAC.

PARRA have some good exciting young guys and a strong side but how will the squad bond with all these guys signed elsewhere. Could see a poor season. On paper they are one of the finals sides from last season who look stronger. But means little.

Souths will be weaker imo.

Penrith are losing a lot of guys but they do have some very talented juniors. Tago for example could be better then Momo. I remember when Critchton come into the NRL he was a nobody. He looked raw. Got a few games off the bench. By end of the season he was talked about for origin.
I look at Eels. We needed a new backline. But with Penisini and Dunster(Not so much) plus Russel they have 3 talented kids. All of a sudden problem solved. Penrith I tip will do the same. They didn't need to let Momo go. They have replacements within.

murraymob

First Grade
P

PARRA have some good exciting young guys and a strong side but how will the squad bond with all these guys signed elsewhere. Could see a poor season. On paper they are one of the finals sides from last season who look stronger. But means little.

Penrith are losing a lot of guys but they do have some very talented juniors. Tago for example could be better then Momo. I remember when Critchton come into the NRL he was a nobody. He looked raw. Got a few games off the bench. By end of the season he was talked about for origin.
I look at Eels. We needed a new backline. But with Penisini and Dunster(Not so much) plus Russel they have 3 talented kids. All of a sudden problem solved. Penrith I tip will do the same. They didn't need to let Momo go. They have replacements within.
Parra has lost ray stone you are doomed to wooden spoon .bring back sterling

Vicpanther

Juniors

tago will kill it at centre especially with may on the wing. i think we will loose staines this year as i can see may pushing him out for a starting position.

martielang

Bench
Tago looks dynamite with ball in hand but defensively at centre he hasn't really been tested yet.

Smuggys man Salmon might be an option with Tago off the bench. Might be able to play a similar role to Momo, nothing flash, get blamed for everything, but get the job done.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Tago looks dynamite with ball in hand but defensively at centre he hasn't really been tested yet.

Smuggys man Salmon might be an option with Tago off the bench. Might be able to play a similar role to Momo, nothing flash, get blamed for everything, but get the job done.
yeah would be the best option for the start of the season.

tago will kill it at centre especially with may on the wing. i think we will loose staines this year as i can see may pushing him out for a starting position.

I don’t think we’ll see Tago and May play the same side of the field, at least not initially. Reckon Crichton will stay on the right to partner with May/Staines.

murraymob

First Grade
Well our retention and signing committee are looking like saints compared to the dolphins.two signing both not guys that will win you games.not sure if bennet has won a spoon but he better get the kitchen draw open as one is on the way

Vicpanther

Juniors
dont get me wrong i would hate to se staines go. He is a exceptional winger i just see cleary liking the bashing meter eating wingers like may and to'o.

Latest posts