What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

soc123_au

Staff member
Soc how do you view Liddle ?

How did you pull up after you're 2nd vac shot ?
Probably ok at the right price, but not as a player swap for Api next year. It would be a big backward step to consider that imo.

I'm fine now, it was pretty rough for a few days though. Hopefully it all dies down in the coming months, they can blow me if they make boosters mandatory every few months.

Original Name

Juniors
Seems the story is true, just not about him playing hooker. Really bizarre stuff from the club to already be looking at bringing him back.
Of course May possiblity coming back is true but including the hooker bit when it isn't true just for extra controversy makes it garbage. A wet paper bag has more integrity than The Mole.

Liddell is 3 times better than Kenny tho.. I'd take him on a two year deal and hope the young kids coming through step up. Api I think will walk next year especially if we don't start well and especially if he doesn't get the Vax so we may aswell player swap to get something in return.

Walk?

Why would he just walk out? He’d be risking his tigers contract if he refused to honour his panthers deal. The NRL wouldn’t look kindly on a player who refused to honour their deal.

I just had a look through the Tigers squad for next year. Blore is the only one that would be of much use to us in an area we need to bolster.

I‘d like to get Blore back, but not in that swap.

If Api did go early, we have to get a hooker back, and hopefully a decent one. I’m against it, but if the Roosters get Smith early some dominoes could start to fall.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Wrong, I joined this forum less than a week ago and this is the first time I’ve mentioned it. Looks like your username checks out.

I'm sorry if it wasn't you.

Someone mentioned the exact same thing about Liddle quite recently.

You can think whatever you like about my username.....it's up to you.

As I said a couple of months ago. The only person I have to be comfortable with, is the person who looks back at me in the Bathroom mirror. No one else.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Probably ok at the right price, but not as a player swap for Api next year. It would be a big backward step to consider that imo.

I'm fine now, it was pretty rough for a few days though. Hopefully it all dies down in the coming months, they can blow me if they make boosters mandatory every few months.

Fair enough about Api.

Sorry to hear you had a rough trott. I think from what I'm reading their will be a booster every 6-12 months.

soc123_au

Staff member
I‘d like to get Blore back, but not in that swap.

If Api did go early, we have to get a hooker back, and hopefully a decent one. I’m against it, but if the Roosters get Smith early some dominoes could start to fall.
I was just using players on the Tigers books. If a deal came up with trading among a group of clubs then the situation could change.

The_Frog

First Grade
I can only hope there’s enough of a backlash to the Tyrone May leak that it won’t happen.

Besides all the bad publicity he’s brought on the club, he’s just not that good of a player.
I do believe you're missing something here. A coach who's just won a premiership, with a success rate of 91% over the past two seasons, had him as his first choice utility. Now you can attribute that to favouritism or whatever you like, but you don't win championships and make Grand Finals by putting poor players in your side, in any team sport.

What might give a clue is the discussions on who might take his place in the 14. The truth is we don't have anyone at this point in time who can do the job he did, its basically hoping that rookies step up.

I do believe you're missing something here. A coach who's just won a premiership, with a success rate of 91% over the past two seasons, had him as his first choice utility. Now you can attribute that to favouritism or whatever you like, but you don't win championships and make Grand Finals by putting poor players in your side, in any team sport.

What might give a clue is the discussions on who might take his place in the 14. The truth is we don't have anyone at this point in time who can do the job he did, its basically hoping that rookies step up.

I didn’t say he was poor, I said he wasn’t that good. He’s certainly not worth the fuss of bringing him back to the club.

We‘ve got 12 months to find an average utility player who doesn’t bring drama with him, I’m pretty sure we can do it.

I agree, let’s bring a convicted sex pest back into the playing group. Maybe we can sign Tui Kamikamica while we’re at it, or perhaps Curtis Scott to fill in at centre. I’m sure they’ve all learned their lesson and we can’t punish them forever. So long as the boys like them, that’s the main thing!

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree, let’s bring a convicted sex pest back into the playing group. Maybe we can sign Tui Kamikamica while we’re at it, or perhaps Curtis Scott to fill in at centre. I’m sure they’ve all learned their lesson and we can’t punish them forever. So long as the boys like them, that’s the main thing!

You've obviously led a totally blameless life along with your family and friends.

Yep May did the wrong thing. He was sentenced, and is in the process of serving his bond, (if that hasn't already happened)

Therefore May should be banished from the NRL for a crime (which I believe he has almost completed his good behaviour bond). Because you want to punish a bloke for life.

Now that all sounds sane and sensible doesn't it ?

murraymob

First Grade
You've obviously led a totally blameless life along with your family and friends.

Yep May did the wrong thing. He was sentenced, and is in the process of serving his bond, (if that hasn't already happened)

Therefore May should be banished from the NRL for a crime (which I believe he has almost completed his good behaviour bond). Because you want to punish a bloke for life.

Questions where asked how he could go to France with court orders in place
Answer come back he has completed his court ordered community service.so is free to go

The_Frog

First Grade
I didn’t say he was poor, I said he wasn’t that good. He’s certainly not worth the fuss of bringing him back to the club.

We‘ve got 12 months to find an average utility player who doesn’t bring drama with him, I’m pretty sure we can do it.
The season starts in 3 months.

Smug Panther

First Grade

May still doesn't feel like he did anything wrong, the f**kwits comments after the GF proved it. He is a low scummy human

WestyLife

First Grade
May is not worth it just based on form. He's liked by the other players/Cleary's is his main positive and that's not enough for me.

betcats

Referee
If Tago is starting at centre then Sos on the bench doesn’t really work as we still won’t have anyone who can cover the centres in case of an injury to the outside backs or fullback. He covers the halves obviously and may be able to spot Api at hooker but we still don’t have a lot of flexibility with him on the bench.

Thecway the concussion rules are now I think we need to have some one who can slot into the centres in case of an injury in positions 1-5. Either one of our back rowers like a capewell or burns(which we don’t seem to have) or a utility. The same goes for Kenny really except it’s maybe worse, if hes on the bench we really don’t cover for the whole backline, at least sos and salmon can cover the halves, Kenny can’t do that. Maybe we could shift api if a half goes down but that still leaves the rest of the backline with no cover. I really think Salmon is a shoe in for Mays spot at this stage assuming Tago will get first crack at the centre spot.

Latest posts