What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Once u lose your speed you dont get it back.

He was never quick to begin with.

Said it 18 months ago. Connor watson is the best 14 in the game. Really wish w could have got him.

Our main focus now must be angus critchon. With the left overs get nikorima for 23 and if theres any left over bring in a experienced avg centre.

Surely the chooks couldnt compete if we offered 700+ for angus. Hes worth that everyday of the week.

Reckon spending that type of money on a second rower would be a big mistake without sorting out hooker first.

Don’t see how Nikorima is near good enough, and we’ve got no idea how our juniors will pan out.

Girds89

Bench
Reckon spending that type of money on a second rower would be a big mistake without sorting out hooker first.

Don’t see how Nikorima is near good enough, and we’ve got no idea how our juniors will pan out.

Angus is arguably the most consistent 2nd rower in the game. He was a beast in origin this year. Hes coming into hes best years.

I give us a bees d.. of sigining him..but hed be worth every penny. With kiks you get one 12/10 game every 7 or 8 weeks and 6s on avg in between. With angus you just get 9/10 every week..

The chooks will throw every third party deal at him to keep him..

Ivd heard plenty on here mention verrills.

One thing i will say.. Robinson is a very good judge of talent who has a knack of letting duds go and picking blokes up at the right time.

He flicked flano because he knew he just didnt have it. Barrett was silly enough to go there on big money..

If robinson wants to replace verrills that says something to me. If he thought he was a top 9, capable of winning a comp, he wouldnt be on the scrap heap.

Kodi nikorama isnt a top shelf 9. But hes played 15 tests, plenty of nrl, is versatile and has the skillset to fill a number of positions. He slso has something kenny, tmay, salmon etc dont have and thats dynamic speed over 10m. Hes agile and elusive, with ball skills. Thats what you need at 9 or 14..

Not saying he should be a long term option...but for the right coin hed be a smart signing for 12 months from 23.

Angus is arguably the most consistent 2nd rower in the game. He was a beast in origin this year. Hes coming into hes best years.

I give us a bees d.. of sigining him..but hed be worth every penny. With kiks you get one 12/10 game every 7 or 8 weeks and 6s on avg in between. With angus you just get 9/10 every week..

The chooks will throw every third party deal at him to keep him..

Ivd heard plenty on here mention verrills.

One thing i will say.. Robinson is a very good judge of talent who has a knack of letting duds go and picking blokes up at the right time.

He flicked flano because he knew he just didnt have it. Barrett was silly enough to go there on big money..

If robinson wants to replace verrills that says something to me. If he thought he was a top 9, capable of winning a comp, he wouldnt be on the scrap heap.

Kodi nikorama isnt a top shelf 9. But hes played 15 tests, plenty of nrl, is versatile and has the skillset to fill a number of positions. He slso has something kenny, tmay, salmon etc dont have and thats dynamic speed over 10m. Hes agile and elusive, with ball skills. Thats what you need at 9 or 14..

Not saying he should be a long term option...but for the right coin hed be a smart signing for 12 months from 23.

I don’t doubt Crichton is a very good player, I just think sorting out hooker is far more important. You can win with average second rowers, you’re rarely going to win titles with an average hooker.

I look at Bellamy, he‘d never chase a second rower for big money. Never. Sort out the spine and the rest will fall into place.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I still think it's worth giving Spencer Leniu a crack at back row..let him rub holes and over halfbacks, plus he would get alot of breathers only issue is his one on one tackling but have him next to Cleary and he'd be fine as Nathan is great at cover defending

DinkyDi

Juniors
I don't know whether money will change this situation.

The homebirth, not vaccinating kids. you get my drift.

I think they would see that as 'selling out' to big pharma
I had no idea about the home birth, and I agree. Seems like Api is under the thumb. Api has no dramas about been treated, with medication and given pain relief, etc. however, a vaccine he does?

WestyLife

First Grade
Simpkin looks like he's got the skill for hooker and would be a good long term prospect. Could've paused him with Kenny until he could play 80 minutes. Weird to turn it down.

If the deal was Api for Simpkin one for one I can think of a few possible reasons:

1. It weakens us for next year. Api is the far superior hooker now, Simpkin is a long term prospect. He’s 20 years old so will take a while longer to develop.
2. You’re not getting 80 minutes out of a 20 year old hooker every week. We’d need to run with a 2 hooker setup until Simpkin is ready to play big minutes which Cleary is not a fan of.
3. We’re holding out for a sweetener. Api for Simpkin one for one is arguably unders. If they throw Blore in we’ve hedged our bets as there’s no guarantee Simpkin develops into an Api level hooker. If we get Blore on top we get cover Kikau’s position when he’s gone.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
To be honest, I can't see either of them being let go. Penrith have the 'blueprint' with Burton.

Only difficulty: Api's lack of vaccination, which will impat the team.

Fangs

Coach
No need to let go of Api. None of the rumoured options are at his standard.

We can get Blore whenever we want. Its hardly a carrot on the stick from the Tigers. They are quite terrible at this. Though at least Sheens has them throwing punches again.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I did say letting Api go early would be wise if we have a player who will be here long term ready to go. If Smith goes to the Roosters early we should ask about Verrils.

Latest posts