What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Some of the rubbish that get's dragged out about Edwards is almost laughable.

He reads the game well. HE PASSES THE BALL WHEN NEEDED, sets the defensive lines well, has heaps of courage, fit, lots of courage. But best of all he comes from Dorrigo.

betcats

Referee
Wrong again. Watch the games from last season he does pass the football. You just cannot accept how good he is.

He bombed a very good chance against the storm in that semi. Overlap close to the line and he just didn’t make what should’ve been a simple pass for an almost certain try, this happened consistently throughout the year. Not saying he shouldn’t be the fullback or he can’t pass but there is definitely some issues with his passing game imo. He doesn’t have to be a ball player but some of the opportunities he was missing were pretty simple short draw and passes that he just would not take.

Everyone here talks about how important defence is for a fullback when talking about Dylan and it is definitely true but look at the fullbacks the greatest coaches go for, they are all excellent attacking fullbacks. Pap, latrell, teddy…the attacking side of fullback play is just as important if not more so. South’s had a rookie halfback at fullback against us in the GF and we only beat their defence for one try with other coming off an intercept.

Again I’m not saying Dylan shouldn’t be our fullback or shouldn’t have been kept, im happy we’ve extended him but we run set plays to create chances that rely on him being able to pull off a simple draw and pass or catch and pass, he needs to be able to pull them off a lot more consistently than he does cause he is going to have some very talented competition for that spot in a year or two. He will never be a ball player setting up tries with his vision and great cut out passes or sleight of hand like the great modern fullbacks, but the set plays we run in good field position he should be able to make the play more often than not.

Last edited:
Dylan has zero speed, no step, factory passer.

Catch and plod.

All the threat on an ingrown toenail.

Hes the nerd of the side.

Whoever let Daine go v Dylan needs her head read. Probably the same idiot who let Matty Burton waltz out for chump change.

Matty Burton, the modern day Brett Kenny, a future immortal.

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Angus Crighton doesn't offer anything that isn't already within Penrith's squads, at a cheaper price too.

Who in the squad next year has the potential to offer what Angus does?

We have plenty of players with potential but hes one of the best 2nd rowers in the game.

Lindsay smith, hopgood, chris smith, sorensen? None of them are remotley close nor will be.

Geyer sounds promising but hes going to be a few years away and comparing him to angus who is an nsw and aus rep at this stage of his career is crazy..same for riki.

We know liam martin will be a starter in 23. I dont think we will go after a gun 9 and i think they will give kenny a year until riley smith might be ready.

Theyve shown faith in edwards who wouldnt of been a lot in fb money to lock up and given kenny and smith will be cheap i cant see why we wouldnt have enough for angus who will be coming into his best years. Will be 27 at the start of 2023. Typically a forwards best years around that time.

I know its only 22 but id just love to see him in a panthers jersey. Hed be brilliant outside luai.

23 would love to see-
Edwards/staines
Tiny/turuva
Tago/Jenkins
Critta
Too
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
Jfh
Angus
Martin
Yeo

Riley Smith/tago/Niwhai Puru
Spencer
Lindsay smith/hopgood
Geyer/riki

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I saw more

Cough…

But he’s no Daine Laurie is he?

Dano got more cheers at the dru burnouts than Dylan.

Dylan has all of the excitement and flair of a drunk sea sponge.

But he’s a champion bloke. For sure.
Subtle reminder Silverdale "We climbed Everest".
Dylan has a Premiership ring, Laurie has a broken leg.
Broken leg didn’t stop him celebrating our win, in a Panthers Jersey though.

murraymob

First Grade
I saw more

Cough…

But he’s no Daine Laurie is he?

Dano got more cheers at the dru burnouts than Dylan.

Dylan has all of the excitement and flair of a drunk sea sponge.

But he’s a champion bloke. For sure.
Your right he is no Dane Laurie .Dane got to hold a beer bottle high in the air in Penrith
Dylan got to hold the grand final winning trophy in the air

Your right he is no Dane Laurie .Dane got to hold a beer bottle high in the air in Penrith
Dylan got to hold the grand final winning trophy in the air
What’s this rumour about you being approached by a third party to sit on the new LU judiciary panel. Mmm. A forum snitch. I knew it.

Just have a last look at the photo of Weaves on the dressing table before my case Mobster.

I know you’ll do the right thing in the name of our discussion about ME turning up with f**king Adamson and being nasty to Clinton on the acqua golf.

It took all of our might not to go down there and sort Adamson out. I said to you that I was happy for a verbal confrontation only and I was ok to stand behind you.

Roycey was my favourite Panthers coach. All his sides attacked. I met him once. He was very pleasant and down to earth. He’s not caught up in the smug.

I’d be a lot happier for you if he was Panther ceo tbh. He’d do a great job.

Last edited:

murraymob

First Grade
What’s this rumour about you being approached by a third party to sit on the new LU judiciary panel. Mmm. A forum snitch. I knew it.

Just have a last look at the photo of Weaves on the dressing table before my case Mobster.

I know you’ll do the right thing in the name of our discussion about ME turning up with f**king Adamson and being nasty to Clinton on the acqua golf.

It took all of our might not to go down there and sort Adamson out. I said to you that I was happy for a verbal confrontation only and I was ok to stand behind you.

Roycey was my favourite Panthers coach. All his sides attacked. I met him once. He was very pleasant and down to earth. He’s not caught up in the smug.

I’d be a lot happier for you if he was Panther ceo tbh. He’d do a great job.
No use me going on any committee I would ban myself

The_Frog

First Grade
Who in the squad next year has the potential to offer what Angus does?
Great forward, that is undisputed but even if he were to leave the Roosters he'd cost so much that we'd have to shed at least two or three local forwards, and that is not how this club operates. We might as well have matched the Bulldogs on Kikau.

Girds89

Bench
Great forward, that is undisputed but even if he were to leave the Roosters he'd cost so much that we'd have to shed at least two or three local forwards, and that is not how this club operates. We might as well have matched the Bulldogs on Kikau.

Im not sure we would.

It was said by blade we were close to keeping capewell.

And the club at one point at least was confident we would keep kikau and api.

I know we have upgraded players and will continue to do so but letting those three go and momo definitley frees up some coin.

I dont think wed need to cull players to sign him.
I also dont think we are any chance. Chooks will resign him but hed be great. He cant do what kiks does but he peforms at his best every week.

The continuall trolling if it wasn't so funny, would be kinda sad. Like he's looking for relevance in 2022.

My smug credentials are solid:

* helped bring Tyrone May to justice by raising awareness, my views later adopted by the club.

* I was the only non Panther fan who stood up for you after seeing the trophy broken in the pram ( and got into an argument at home defending your lot)

* I gave Kiks hell for his treachery.

* An early forgiver of Daine Laurie who had to wear his Teal jersey during the dru burnouts because his Tigers uniform was being dry cleaned. He seemed to be under some duress in that photo as well. Something not right.

* spent a night crying over the loss of Matt Burton to the dogs.

Latest posts