What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
We are losing him anyway and the Tigers have nothing else to offer.
We still have a premiership to win this year. I don't think we can win it with Kenny there as he currently is and I don't know how high his ceiling is. We can poach that hooker from the English hooker from the Super League Joey is always going on about or something in the future. But it's crazy to let go Api. Gun hookers are almost as scarce as gun halfbacks these days. It's nuts to let him go for the most easily replaceable position in the NRL. Literally anyone who can defend well, enthusiastically and get a quick play the ball running at a half is fine. That's dozens of second rowers here and Super League compared to like 5 great hookers in the world.
Christian will not be getting picked over Staines, he'd have to improve 1000 percent from when he was last fit.
To replace what To'o does on those tough carries to some degree we need someone strong. Storm did a number on To'o in the 2020 gf and without him Edwards was getting crunched and turned onto his back.

@Girds89 It seems pretty clear Angus will get Cordener's money as the future captain/forward leader. I don't think him accepting an offer from anyone else is realistic as long as the Roosters have the money to give a senior player tier contract which they will with Cordener their highest paid forward gone.

The best realistic option I can see is still Tariq. It baffles me people think forwards need variation in their game. Everyone knows what Tariq is going to do but luck to any half comfortably stopping someone that big, that big quick running fired up. When he's on he's quality, was one NSW's best forward last year. The best type of body guard you can get in a half as well.

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
We still have a premiership to win this year. I don't think we can win it with Kenny there as he currently is and I don't know how high his ceiling is. We can poach that hooker from the English hooker from the Super League Joey is always going on about or something in the future. But it's crazy to let go Api. Gun hookers are almost as scarce as gun halfbacks these days. It's nuts to let him go for the most easily replaceable position in the NRL. Literally anyone who can defend well, enthusiastically and get a quick play the ball running at a half is fine. That's dozens of second rowers here and Super League compared to like 5 great hookers in the world.

To replace what To'o does on those tough carries to some degree we need someone strong. Storm did a number on To'o in the 2020 gf and without him Edwards was getting crunched and turned onto his back.

@Girds89 It seems pretty clear Angus will get Cordener's money as the future captain/forward leader. I don't think him accepting an offer from anyone else is realistic as long as the Roosters have the money to give a senior player tier contract which they will with Cordener their highest paid forward gone.

The best realistic option I can see is still Tariq. It baffles me people think forwards need variation in their game. Everyone knows what Tariq is going to do but luck to any half comfortably stopping someone that big, that big quick running fired up. When he's on he's quality, was one NSW's best forward last year. The best type of body guard you can get in a half as well.

The resignings of manu and lindsay collins wouldve been big upgrades.

Id say manu wouldve almost doubled his value since lsst contract and collins wouldnt of been cheap.

Connor watson wouldve cost a decent amount and Suali is going to require an upgrade if thevwant to keep him.

Plus it wouldve cost then a shitload to sign brandon smith.

I know theyve lost morris, friend and cordner but to an extent they were planned losses and they wouldve upgraded people already with that money.

Im sure they will be able to offer angus good money but i dont see them having as much in the kitty as you think.

Im sure we could be competitive.

Not sure why the dolphins havent made a play for him. Im guessing maybe hes managenent have told other clubs he isnt interested in elsewhere or he might go back to rah rah as soneone else suggested.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I get what your saying and I agree with a lot of it. Api is a gun and one of the top few hookers in the NRL.

I disagree that we can’t with out him, we won plenty of games without Api last year and he didn’t have that big an influence on the finals series that anyone can say that we wouldn’t have won without him.

Covid is the thing that worries me the most about Api. He realistically could miss a bunch of important games, it’s also not out of the question that he could miss the season.

Kenny is going to be getting a bunch of game time anyway and knows that this is his chance to win the position going forward.

I’m just saying that if we had the chance to get an asset out of the tigers in return for a player that we are losing and may be on limited game time anyway. Why not look into it.

Young Penrith SG Ball player was seriously injured in a trial at Windsor yesterday. The game had to be abandoned due to the injury. Does anyone have an update on the player?

Smug Panther

First Grade
I get what your saying and I agree with a lot of it. Api is a gun and one of the top few hookers in the NRL.

I disagree that we can’t with out him, we won plenty of games without Api last year and he didn’t have that big an influence on the finals series that anyone can say that we wouldn’t have won without him.

Covid is the thing that worries me the most about Api. He realistically could miss a bunch of important games, it’s also not out of the question that he could miss the season.

Kenny is going to be getting a bunch of game time anyway and knows that this is his chance to win the position going forward.

I’m just saying that if we had the chance to get an asset out of the tigers in return for a player that we are losing and may be on limited game time anyway. Why not look into it.
Because the Tigpies dont have anything worth even half a season of Api

Fangs

Coach
No chance in hell we let go of Korisau early. There is no suitable replacement on the market.

Its hard enough to win back to back competitions. Our chances don't improve with Kenny playing 9.

Bob

Juniors
Young Penrith SG Ball player was seriously injured in a trial at Windsor yesterday. The game had to be abandoned due to the injury. Does anyone have an update on the player?
All I could find was the final score
Harold Matthews v Penrith Panthers

Parramatta Eels 20

Penrith Panthers 14

SG Ball Trial vs Penrith Panthers

Parramatta Eels 22

Penrith Panthers 16

Tarsha Gale Trial vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Parramatta Eels 16

Bob

Juniors
Just found this as well on Cumberland throw, player not named

With the scores locked at two tries all, the injury to the Panthers player brought play to a halt. With the decision made to keep him immobilised until an ambulance arrived the match was then abandoned. There was no other decision to be made under these circumstances.

chrisD

Coach
Why we talking about big name Rooster forwards?

No I would not want CHN, I believe him to be a below average defender for the position. All our forwards are overall fantastic defenders and that would be my first consideration going to market.

With the scores locked at two tries all, the injury to the Panthers player brought play to a halt. With the decision made to keep him immobilised until an ambulance arrived the match was then abandoned. There was no other decision to be made under these circumstances.
Thanks Bob. Any idea of who the player is?
BTW Penrith won Harold Matthews.

DinkyDi

Juniors

Is the player going to be ok?

And we can take literally any player we like from the Tigers when thier contract is up. No one is willingly at that cesspit

Except Api, Blorey, Laurie, Tamou etc. Paps?

You’re under forum citizens arrest nuncle, no bail.

Dont try to talk to Janey or Alice in the women’s cells either.

You let Burto go without a fight.

Smug will be your undoing. Makes a change from harbouring arrogant misogynistic perverts I guess.

Last edited:

Latest posts