What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The_Frog

First Grade
IMO the NRL will turn a blind eye to the Dolphins aslong as it all done in encrypted message apps and nothing formal leaks (email etc).

The NRL needs Redcliffe to build a decent squad and not be South's 2002 quality.
I don't think it matters much in the first year. It's to be expected. You probably would hope they get a couple of wins on the way but you expect them to run last. What they don't want is the club taking 19 years to reach the finals, like we did, or even making a good start only to become pretty much regular bottom 8, like the Titans. Cowboys took a decade to make the finals before having a good era, that seems acceptable for a new club and pretty much what the Dolphins should expect I feel.

Last edited:

snickers007

Juniors
Jermaine hopgood is off to Parramatta next yr rumour courtesy of sen sport

This is disappointing.

There is probably a first grade spot available to him at Parra with Papali'i, Kaifusi, Stone and Matterson all off contract or gone. But will likely be off the bench.

But if rumours are correct about Sorenson being shopped around, and Kikau gone, we'll have openings too.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This is disappointing.

There is probably a first grade spot available to him at Parra with Papali'i, Kaifusi, Stone and Matterson all off contract or gone. But will likely be off the bench.

But if rumours are correct about Sorenson being shopped around, and Kikau gone, we'll have openings too.

I'll wait for the announcement before donning the sack cloth and ashes.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This is disappointing.

Many a slip 'twixt the cup and the mouth'.

Kilkenny

Coach
I guess it is just a rumour at this stage.

Personally I hope J’Maine is a player whom we have been attempting to retain. Standout player in NSW Cup certainly has a future at NRL level and for a modest investment I expected we should be able to retain him.

We have to fill a roster for season 2023 and it seems with the outgoings there has to be some concerns about our salary cap going forward. For every player who leaves, they ultimately have to be replaced by someone else. Interesting times ahead.

Latest posts