What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Black Panther

Juniors
That is it.

Just that Flegg side alone had Lindsay Smith, Hopgood and Spencer
So who is next to leave then, Smith or Spencer? These young blokes aren’t going to hang around if they don’t at least get some minutes in First Grade. We are flying in NSW Cup, but the vultures are out and our depth is slowly decreasing..

Iamback

Coach
So who is next to leave then, Smith or Spencer? These young blokes aren’t going to hang around if they don’t at least get some minutes in First Grade. We are flying in NSW Cup, but the vultures are out and our depth is slowly decreasing..

Spencer is playing FG so I'd pick him to stay.

Atleast we won SG Ball. That will give us some depth moving forward

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'll wait for the actual announcement.

Some especially in the media have the lines blurred between actual signings and rumoured signings.

Announcing someone as a signing without it being confirmed by the club or the player. Maybe that will happen in the next few days.....who knows.

If he goes....it will be sad to see it happen. But I will wish him great luck for the future except when playing Penrith.

I have no reason not to trust the powers that be in the rentention and re-signing of the club.

We all know that pressures of salary cap. (Penrith have a good number comming off at the end of this year).

Many were up in arms with Burton, Capewell and Mom left at the end of 2021.......

Considering the team is top of the ladder in both cup and nrl......I think the rentention committee have the runs on the board.

Black Panther

Juniors
I'll wait for the actual announcement.

Some especially in the media have the lines blurred between actual signings and rumoured signings.

Announcing someone as a signing without it being confirmed by the club or the player. Maybe that will happen in the next few days.....who knows.

If he goes....it will be sad to see it happen. But I will wish him great luck for the future except when playing Penrith.

I have no reason not to trust the powers that be in the rentention and re-signing of the club.

We all know that pressures of salary cap. (Penrith have a good number comming off at the end of this year).

Many were up in arms with Burton, Capewell and Mom left at the end of 2021.......

Considering the team is top of the ladder in both cup and nrl......I think the rentention committee have the runs on the board.
That’s correct, but if we can’t keep Hopgood and say Sorrenson who are probably not going to break the bank who are we going to sign? Sure we won SG Ball but those guys are still a fair way off First Grade if they make it.
It makes no sense to me not retaining good players who are on relatively small contracts. 🤷‍♂️

Hooked

Juniors
WTF is wrong with our retention letting this bloke go. Surely he wouldn’t cost that much, plus we are losing players hand over fist. Who are we replacing all these loses with?

Our reserve grade team is flying. There are probably a few club's keen to offer our junior's more money and a clearer path to FG.
Hopgood is one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the club bought back a Waddell, Blore, or a Burns to fill the void.

Iamback

Coach
Our reserve grade team is flying. There are probably a few club's keen to offer our junior's more money and a clearer path to FG.
Hopgood is one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the club bought back a Waddell, Blore, or a Burns to fill the void.

That is it. Always plodders to fill out a squad floating around

BxTom

Bench
That’s correct, but if we can’t keep Hopgood and say Sorrenson who are probably not going to break the bank who are we going to sign? Sure we won SG Ball but those guys are still a fair way off First Grade if they make it.
It makes no sense to me not retaining good players who are on relatively small contracts. 🤷‍♂️
Relatively good players on small contracts are a natural target for recruitment. Can't be helped.

Black Panther

Juniors
Hopefully we get all 3 back.. Waddell is a machine and a pretty big unit, same as a Blore. I did hear somewhere that Burns might be coming back though..

Girds89

Bench
Unfortunately for blore hes just way to injury prone and has had some major injuries at such a young age.

I wouldnt be laying out cash for him.

Id take billy burns back.

Id love to get CHN back too but i think hes locked up till end of 23.

Id give eiso another season as well. Hes been very good.

Next year id say we are looking like this atm...

8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Luke
15. Spencer
16. Garner

If we dont resign any of our off contract forwards than i think wed need to pick up another front rower and 2 2nd rowers.

Burns would be my pick on the cheap too and id start him.

Not a whole lot else on the market. Could be worth looking to the sl. Trying to pick up the next burgess etc.

I think a few of the gun juniors are still 2 years away from regular nrl

Iamback

Coach
Unfortunately for blore hes just way to injury prone and has had some major injuries at such a young age.

I wouldnt be laying out cash for him.

Id take billy burns back.

Id love to get CHN back too but i think hes locked up till end of 23.

Id give eiso another season as well. Hes been very good.

Next year id say we are looking like this atm...

8. Leota
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Luke
15. Spencer
16. Garner

If we dont resign any of our off contract forwards than i think wed need to pick up another front rower and 2 2nd rowers.

Burns would be my pick on the cheap too and id start him.

Not a whole lot else on the market. Could be worth looking to the sl. Trying to pick up the next burgess etc.

I think a few of the gun juniors are still 2 years away from regular nrl

Garner would start in that side

Latest posts