What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

We are the Premiers and back on top this year with a 4 point gap to the next teams. Our NSW Cup is going well with young players who (deservedly) will expect both opportunity and a pay day at some stage.

We are going to lose players; it’s what happens when you are successful. The hope is that the stars we keep we can keep for 50-100k less than they would get elsewhere (due to culture and success), and that the production line continues to bring through talent that can do a job at NRL level.

Girds89

Bench
If he ends the year starting its not.

Lisati and Mav should get into the side at some stage
They need to recruit someone else.. lisati and mav i think might get a sniff next year but 24 will be more likely when they might see regular game time.

I still think burns offers way more than garner. Hes younger, stronger, faster and a fair bit bigger.. hes been injured basically all year but hes a fg quality player and would be playing if fit.

I think hed be really good in our system.

Hes not the ideal replacement for kiks but no one is.

The game plan will have to change without him.

Burns imo when fit has a much much higher ceiling than garner.

Ive read some on here who think lisati will be as big as kiks or the same style... just not true.

Hes about 12cm shorter and 16kgs lighter. And hes 21 not 18... so hes basically height wise fully grown. Might add a few kgs of muscle but the islanders already tend to be built by the time they hit 19/20.

Mav im not sure if they see him as a prop or backrower tbh. But hes still 18months away as is lisati.

Id look to the sl. Theres always a few good eggs over there especially in the forwards.

murraymob

First Grade
Our reserve grade team is flying. There are probably a few club's keen to offer our junior's more money and a clearer path to FG.
Hopgood is one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the club bought back a Waddell, Blore, or a Burns to fill the void.
Why that’s a backward step.buying guys who are going nowhere over keeping guys who can play

Iamback

Coach
They need to recruit someone else.. lisati and mav i think might get a sniff next year but 24 will be more likely when they might see regular game time.

I still think burns offers way more than garner. Hes younger, stronger, faster and a fair bit bigger.. hes been injured basically all year but hes a fg quality player and would be playing if fit.

I think hed be really good in our system.

Hes not the ideal replacement for kiks but no one is.

The game plan will have to change without him.

Burns imo when fit has a much much higher ceiling than garner.

Ive read some on here who think lisati will be as big as kiks or the same style... just not true.

Hes about 12cm shorter and 16kgs lighter. And hes 21 not 18... so hes basically height wise fully grown. Might add a few kgs of muscle but the islanders already tend to be built by the time they hit 19/20.

Mav im not sure if they see him as a prop or backrower tbh. But hes still 18months away as is lisati.

Id look to the sl. Theres always a few good eggs over there especially in the forwards.

I was Eisenhuth for England

which leaves this pack

JFH
Kenny
Leota
Garner
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Sorensen
Leinu
??

Throw in a few plodders. Then the young guys and it is top 8 side.

Lisati is 21 but hasn't had a pre season. Will get very close to Nanai's size with a pre season.

We will lack Kik's size but will have more speed with Garner and Lisati so will just need to change a few things to be great again

Kilkenny

Coach
Blore can sure as f**k play and would be cheap
He probably can play if he ever got on the field?

Wouldn’t it be wiser to retain J’Maine who is actually playing, playing very well than throw a lifeline to Shawn who sadly, not his fault is in rehab after a second ACL.

Black Panther

Juniors

Wouldn’t it be wiser to retain J’Maine who is actually playing, playing very well than throw a lifeline to Shawn who sadly, not his fault is in rehab after a second ACL.
Absolutely correct.👍 Can’t get my head around this situation..

Iamback

Coach

Why would he stay on minimum wage to play NSW Cup?

When he can get more and play NRL?

Often in cases like this it is the players choice

Girds89

Bench
The issue for hopgood is hes snd out an out 13 or prop.

Hes not an edge player at all.

Which means even next year hes stuck behind fish, soro, leota spencer and yeo in the 13. Throw in eiso if hes to stay.

I know some are upset but hes not cracking that lineup.

As good as hopgoods been in cup, eiso has been that good for us but at nrl level...

Id keep eiso.

Iamback

Coach

Which means even next year hes stuck behind fish, soro, leota spencer and yeo in the 13. Throw in eiso if hes to stay.

As good as hopgoods been in cup, eiso has been that good for us but at nrl level...

Id keep eiso.

That is it.

Any player leaves in the same situation

Id keep eiso.
100%.

And have the brains trust identified a younger, cheaper player that can do the role beyond Hopgood in 1/2 years time? I don’t know; I’m not there watching training etc.

Latest posts